Death by chocolate (Oreo Truffles)

OMG these truffles are amazing. I could really eat almost all of these. My heart would probably stop about 1/2 way through the batch, but these guys might be worth it. I made hubby promise not to eat too many when he takes them to work.

You can dip these in any flavor of chocolate that you like. My plan was to do 1/2 in dark and 1/2 in white, but I burnt the white chocolate in the microwave. I did 1/3 in dark chocolate, 1/3 in milk chocolate, and 1/3 using the chocolate/caramel swirl chips. The caramel ones were hubby’s favorite, and I’m always a fan of dark chocolate.

The original recipe for these guys comes from Kraft.com but I found this recipe from Chris of Mele Cotte. Chris recommends using condensed milk instead of cream cheese so that you don’t have to refrigerate the truffles.

Oreo Truffles – made ~100 for me
1 package Oreos
14 oz sweetened condensed milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
melted chocolate of your choice

Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.

Crush oreos using a food processor. I put about 12 cookies in at a time.

Add vanilla and milk. Stir until ingredients come together. Work quickly to form the mixture into small balls and place on cookie sheet. Put into refrigerator to chill (for easy dipping).

Melt the chocolate using your favorite method. I like to use the microwave. I also added some vegetable oil to the chocolate to thin it out.

Dip chocolate balls into melted chocolate and put back on cookie sheet.

I put them in mini-cupcake liners so they’re easier to handle. Everyone loved these little guys.

10 Responses to “Chocolate Fudge Swirl Ice Cream”

Ashley Bee (Quarter Life Crisis Cuisine) — August 14, 2013 at 8:42 am

My ice cream with coconut milk keeps freezing solid, into a very solid rock. Any ideas what the problem is? I have a recipe going up tomorrow, with a disclaimer that you need to defrost it if you freeze it overnight, heh…

• beantownbaker — August 16th, 2013 @ 8:16 am

Hm. I have noticed that some of my ice creams do need to sit on the counter for a bit before they’re scoopable. But I haven’t noticed if it’s related to the coconut milk or not… Mine is usually fine after sitting out for 10 minutes or so…

Shannon — August 14, 2013 at 12:00 pm

you are on a roll with the frozen treats! sounds like its been a good summer 🙂

• beantownbaker — August 16th, 2013 @ 8:34 am

I definitely am on a roll this summer… Homemade ice cream is just so dang good.

Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction — August 14, 2013 at 4:20 pm

Love that you use coconut milk with all of this chocolate!

• beantownbaker — August 16th, 2013 @ 8:19 am

I love the subtle coconut flavor that it provides!

Consuelo @ Honey & Figs — August 19, 2013 at 9:05 am

So much chocolaty goodness, wow I need this in my life. This ice cream looks beyond amazing!! Pinning :))

Nutmeg Nanny — August 19, 2013 at 10:07 pm

Chocolate fudge <3 oh my! This looks wonderful!

Tracy | Pale Yellow — August 23, 2013 at 10:12 am

That’s where those extra pounds have come from! Delicious homemade ice cream ruins all diets, but it’s just so yummy! This batch looks fantastic!

• beantownbaker — August 23rd, 2013 @ 10:40 am

Absolutely! It’s so worth it.