Strawberry and Beer Sorbet

Want to make a pink treat for Valentine’s Day that isn’t just chocolatey or sugar-y and sweet with pink frosting? Then make this Strawberry and Beer Sorbet. Sure, it’s pink, but it tastes anything but girly.

Strawberry and Beer Sorbet

Since there are very few ingredients in this sorbet, you’re actually going to taste the beer, so choose something that you like. Preferably with a distinct flavor. I chose to use some Sam Adams Winter Lager that we had in the back of the fridge. It has a solid dark bock flavor with a hint of spiciness.

Strawberry and Beer Sorbet

Hubby and I were both surprised at how much we liked this sorbet. The combination of the beer flavor with the fresh strawberries and the sensation of eating sorbet is like nothing I’ve had before. This sorbet is perfect for Valentine’s Day, the Superbowl, or any other day of the year.

Strawberry and Beer Sorbet

I can’t wait to try this recipe with a variety of beer and fruit combinations. I love wheat beers and wheat beers tend to pair well with fruits. So be ready to see more variations of this to come. By the way, can you guys believe it is February already!?!

One Year Ago: How to Roast Garlic and Roasted Garlic Hummus
Two Years Ago: Peppermint Patty Cupcakes
Three Years Ago: Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Four Years Ago: Pork Chops with Blue Cheese Gravy

Print Save

Strawberry and Beer Sorbet

This sorbet has a unique flavor to it since you can really taste the beer. Use your favorite beer!

Ingredients:

4 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and chopped

1 cup sugar

16 oz beer of your choice

Directions:

In a sauce pan over medium high heat, add the strawberries and the sugar. With a potato masher, mash and stir the strawberries until well macerated and combined with the sugar. Allow the mixture to come to a boil, stirring and mashing until all the strawberries have broken down, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Place the strawberry mixture in the fridge until completely cool, at least 2 hours.

Remove strawberry mixture from fridge and stir in beer. Process in ice cream makes following manufacturers' instructions for 30-40 minutes until firm. Place in a freezer safe container and chill until ready to serve.

Recipe from The Beeroness

12 Responses to “Spiced Caramel Apple Pie”

amanda @ fake ginger — October 15, 2010 at 12:08 pm

I think I use my apple corer once a month but the time it saves me is so worth storing it!

The pie looks beyond delicious. I haven’t been feeling apple desserts this year but this is one I could get into.

Sarah — October 15, 2010 at 1:12 pm

I am making Thanksgiving dinner for the first time this year and I think this pie is definitely going to make it to my table!

Jen — October 15, 2010 at 3:59 pm

This pie would def be great for Thanksgiving dinner Sarah!

Cara! — October 15, 2010 at 4:00 pm

This pie looks incredible! My husband loves apple pie and I am planning on making this for him!

Boston Food Diary — October 15, 2010 at 5:49 pm

Um seriously-this looks ridiculous! I always think that my moms apple pie is the best but…

Megan — October 15, 2010 at 8:38 pm

I’m not a huge fan of apple pie (I make it for a certain someone I live with), but an apple pie with a crisp-like topping and spiced filling is one I could definitely get behind.

And I seriously want one of theose peeler/corer/slicer things. Every year I go to Freeport and inevitably someone in LL Bean is demo-ing one.

Alisa — October 16, 2010 at 9:44 am

Now that’s a delicious apple pie!I saw your blog from the foodie blog roll and I like what you have here.if you won’t mind I’d love to guide Foodista readers to this post.Just add the foodista widget at the end of this post and it’s all set, Thanks!

newlywed — October 16, 2010 at 1:28 pm

Looks delcious! I love my apple peeler/corer/slicer machine. I use it for crisps, apple cakes, applesauce, etc. My husband packs my lunch too…it is nice to be spoiled!

becksterslaboratory — October 17, 2010 at 12:35 am

We LOVE apple desserts in our house…I’ve bookmarked this delicious looking pie and will try it soon! : )

tobiascooks! — October 17, 2010 at 5:02 pm

Beautiful treat. Look so yummy.

nutmegnanny — October 21, 2010 at 2:36 am

Ok it’s been decided….I’m making this for Thanksgiving! Amazing!!!

Eliana — October 21, 2010 at 8:25 pm

What an awesome twist on apple pie! It looks stellar Jen. Bravo!