Strawberry and Beer Sorbet

Want to make a pink treat for Valentine’s Day that isn’t just chocolatey or sugar-y and sweet with pink frosting? Then make this Strawberry and Beer Sorbet. Sure, it’s pink, but it tastes anything but girly.

Strawberry and Beer Sorbet

Since there are very few ingredients in this sorbet, you’re actually going to taste the beer, so choose something that you like. Preferably with a distinct flavor. I chose to use some Sam Adams Winter Lager that we had in the back of the fridge. It has a solid dark bock flavor with a hint of spiciness.

Strawberry and Beer Sorbet

Hubby and I were both surprised at how much we liked this sorbet. The combination of the beer flavor with the fresh strawberries and the sensation of eating sorbet is like nothing I’ve had before. This sorbet is perfect for Valentine’s Day, the Superbowl, or any other day of the year.

Strawberry and Beer Sorbet

I can’t wait to try this recipe with a variety of beer and fruit combinations. I love wheat beers and wheat beers tend to pair well with fruits. So be ready to see more variations of this to come. By the way, can you guys believe it is February already!?!

One Year Ago: How to Roast Garlic and Roasted Garlic Hummus
Two Years Ago: Peppermint Patty Cupcakes
Three Years Ago: Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Four Years Ago: Pork Chops with Blue Cheese Gravy

Print Save

Strawberry and Beer Sorbet

This sorbet has a unique flavor to it since you can really taste the beer. Use your favorite beer!

Ingredients:

4 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and chopped

1 cup sugar

16 oz beer of your choice

Directions:

In a sauce pan over medium high heat, add the strawberries and the sugar. With a potato masher, mash and stir the strawberries until well macerated and combined with the sugar. Allow the mixture to come to a boil, stirring and mashing until all the strawberries have broken down, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Place the strawberry mixture in the fridge until completely cool, at least 2 hours.

Remove strawberry mixture from fridge and stir in beer. Process in ice cream makes following manufacturers' instructions for 30-40 minutes until firm. Place in a freezer safe container and chill until ready to serve.

Recipe from The Beeroness

12 Responses to “Strawberry and Beer Sorbet”

tracy {pale yellow} — February 1, 2013 at 3:24 pm

Three ingredients? Amazing, I can’t wait to try this for myself!

• beantownbaker — February 3rd, 2013 @ 9:42 pm

If you make it, let me know what beer/fruit combo you use. I can’t wait to try different combinations.

tracy {pale yellow} — February 4, 2013 at 5:22 pm

I just made it last night and used frozen strawberries and Shock Top Honeycrisp Apple Wheat. Amazing!!! So creamy without any dairy. I’ll be posting the recipe on my site next week.

• beantownbaker — February 4th, 2013 @ 9:44 pm

First of all, I haven’t had that beer, but it sounds tasty on it’s own. I’m sure it was delicious with the strawberries in this sorbet. So glad you enjoyed it. Let me know when your post goes up!

Shannon — February 4, 2013 at 6:13 pm

what an interesting idea! love that you can still taste the individual flavors :)

• beantownbaker — February 4th, 2013 @ 9:44 pm

I loved it too. Even though when you say Strawberry and Beer Sorbet people kind of look at you like you’re crazy….

Tiffany — February 7, 2013 at 11:52 am

This sounds awesome and I know my husband would love it but we don’t have an ice cream maker. Is there an alternative way to make it?

Carole — March 7, 2013 at 5:30 pm

Hi there. The current Food on Friday on Carole’s Chatter is collecting links to posts about ice cream and sorbets – or anything similar like gelato. I do hope you link this in. This is the link . Please do check out some of the other links – there are a lot of good ones already. Have a great week.

Carole — March 7, 2013 at 7:00 pm

Jen , thanks for joining the link up for Food on Friday on Carole’s Chatter. I hope you enjoyed looking at some of the other links. I have been reading them all and must say my ice cream cravings are now almost out of control! Cheers

Ps I am signing up to follow your blog. A follow back would be great – or maybe you have already?

Jimmie — August 14, 2013 at 1:03 pm

I work in a brewpub in Boulder. I’m gonna try this out with fresh peaches, honey, and a strong belgian golden ale. I’ll let you know how it goes.

• beantownbaker — August 16th, 2013 @ 8:18 am

Oh man – that sounds awesome. I have a TON of peaches in my house right now… I just made a blueberry variety the other night.