Five Favorite Cold Weather Recipes

With all this COLD weather we’ve been having, my mind keeps going to comforting soups and hearty stews. Here are five of my favorite cold weather recipes.

Fire Roasted Tomato Soup with Roasted Chickpeas – I don’t even LIKE tomato soup, but I couldn’t get enough of this. The fire roasted tomatoes give it a great flavor. And don’t forget about the roasted chickpeas which give great texture to the silky smooth soup.

The Perfect Fall Grilled Cheese Sandwich – The name says it all here. Hubby and I have enjoyed this sandwich many many many times. It really is perfect.

Roasted Garlic and Chicken Soup – If you like roasted garlic, you’ll love this soup. Hubby requests it all.the.time when it’s cold out and I’m happy to oblige since it’s so good.

Short Rib Ragu – As I am writing this now, I’m also trying to think of when I can make this recipe again. It’s the kind of meal that really sticks to your ribs and warms you from the inside. Any time you cook meat in a dutch oven for multiple hours, it’s going to turn out delicious. This is no exception.

White Bean Soup with Andouille and Collard Greens – I cheat and use canned beans for this recipe. It’s still delicious, just comes together quickly so you can make it on a weeknight without any issue. The spicy sausage flavor permeates throughout the soup in every bite.

10 Responses to “Happy New Years Eve and My Favs from 2010”

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — December 31, 2010 at 5:59 pm

I bet the lemon raspberry cake is amazing! Have a great new year 🙂

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — December 31, 2010 at 6:10 pm

I still haven’t made that massaged kale salad but it looked great on Aarti’s show and on your blog!

scrambledhenfruit — December 31, 2010 at 6:40 pm

What a year of deliciousness! (Or is that even a word?) Wishing you a wonderful healthy new year!

Ashley — December 31, 2010 at 7:09 pm

I need to make your cinnamon roll monkey bread in 2011 and homemade marshmallows are on my list for January! Happy New Year!

Melissa — December 31, 2010 at 8:01 pm

I must make that Cinnamon Monkey Bread! Indian Butter Chicken tops my list of my favorite recipes from my blog. 🙂

I Like To Cook 222 — December 31, 2010 at 8:09 pm

I love the cinnamon roll money bread! Soo cute! Congrats to a great year!

Megan — December 31, 2010 at 9:41 pm

That lemon raspberry cake looks stunning. I think I’m going to make the Flour one in the spring.

Happy New Year! Hope you guys have a fun night.

Melissa @ Made in Melissa's Kitchen — January 2, 2011 at 1:20 am

Great round-up Jen! I definitely have those marshmallows on my list of things to make. Happy New Year!

ashley — January 3, 2011 at 12:57 am

great round up! happy new year!!

Kerstin — January 3, 2011 at 2:15 am

Happy New Year! What an awesome round up – I’ll take one of each please 🙂 I really need to make marshmallows this year!