30-while-30 How’d I do…

So I’ve made a decision about this list. It’s a fun guide of things I want to do, but I’m going to revamp it around my birthday and turn it more into a list of things I want to do overall while in my 30s. Quite a few of the things on this list are going to end up on that list, and some won’t. I’m ok with that because the list is here to remind me to get out there and live life to it’s fullest. Here’s a look at how I’m did on my 30-while-30 list.

Food / Blogging

Relationships

• Send birthday cards to my and Hubby’s families – Done!
  • Continue to bake for a good cause – Done / Ongoing!
  • Go see my sister’s new houseDone! We got to see Brooke’s house while we were in the Midwest for Thanksgiving
  • Go on a girls weekend getaway – Done! I spent a weekend in St Louis with my mom and two sisters in July. It was a great time. I have also done a couple other girls getaways with friends. One to Keene, NH and one to Providence, RI!
  • Volunteer 4 times

Random

• Get another tattoo – I have been working on a design for this one!
  • Pay off my car – Done!
  • Decide on a signature / go-to cocktail – My two go-to cocktails depending on my mood. A dark and stormy, or a Hendricks and tonic. YUM.
  • Watch a sunrise
  • Read 4 books – 1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows 2. Water for Elephants 3. The Hunger Games 4. Catching Fire 5. Mockingjay

Healthy living

• Walk another Avon Walk for Breast Cancer – Done! NYC recap here. Then I got all ambitious and did another one this year! Boston Avon Walk recap here.
  • Continue to work out on a regular basis – I was doing really well on this one, then kind of fell off the wagon and am getting back on now.
  • Treat myself to 6 massages – Done!
  • Get my first facial – Done!

Travel and Life in Boston

• Go to the Head of the Charles
  • Visit the New England Aquarium
  • See the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum
  • Go to Top of the Hub for cocktails  – Done!
  • Visit 3 new cities – 1: St Louis, 2: Niagara Falls 3: Keene, NH 4: Exeter, NH 5: Providence, RI We also visited a LOT of new cities while in Europe. I love traveling!

Reader’s Choice

• Post more how-to tips (including videos) on here (thanks to Mary and Sarah for the suggestion!) – Check out my new How-To tag.

12 Responses to “Seven Month Update – 30 by 30”

Cupcake Kelly — January 17, 2011 at 5:53 pm

baked donuts are fun but they don’t really taste like donuts (as much as I tried to convince myself). Making regular fried donuts is fun and pretty easy!

EliFla — January 17, 2011 at 6:06 pm

You made me laugh…a lot!!!ahahahah hugs..and have a nice week

Anonymous — January 17, 2011 at 6:21 pm

I loved seeing your hot cocoa and peppermint marshmallows featured as a finalist on PW’s food photos! Good luck!

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — January 17, 2011 at 6:54 pm

You know you are my 30 by 30 mentor, right? I’ve started working on two of the items on my list right now but it is going to be interesting to see if I can get it all done in a year!

Janel — January 17, 2011 at 9:50 pm

I love this list! I’m totally going to do a 30 by 30…once I turn 29 (very soon!) The fiance and I actually started a google doc list of our to do list and this reminds me of it! Thanks for the motivation to do more.

Kristy — January 18, 2011 at 12:19 am

What a great list, wish I would have thought of doing this a few years ago! Good Luck!!

kitchenmisfit — January 18, 2011 at 2:47 am

This is such a great thing to do! I’m hoping I can do the same on my 29th birthday!

Megan — January 18, 2011 at 3:19 am

You are making amazing progress on this list! I wish I was this good!

preppyinnewengland — January 18, 2011 at 3:32 am

OH WOW! Fab list and Fab accomplishments.

Daisy — January 18, 2011 at 2:32 pm

you are on a roll! i think it is funny that you can’t visit your bro because he moved into a fraternity. wise call.

Shannon — January 18, 2011 at 7:42 pm

wow, such great progress! i wish i was more on top of it when i turned 29… maybe i was too scared 😉

Kate @ the wooden spoon — January 20, 2011 at 2:00 am

Just starting the projects is half the battle! I finally did my own painting “touch ups” in the living room last week. I used the canister that said “dining room white,” because they’re the same color, right? Nope. When it dried, it was very obviously NOT “living room white.” *Sigh.* So much for getting that project done – I just made it worse!