Crockpot Hawaiian Pulled Pork

We all agree that pulled pork is awesome, right? I mean, it cooks on low in the crockpot for hours and is just falling apart and so tender. There’s really nothing better. For quite some time now, I’ve been making this Crockpot Pulled Pork. It gets rave reviews. It’s delicious and everything you could ask for in a saucy spicy pulled pork.

But sometimes you don’t want saucy. And you don’t want spicy. You just want porky. (Is that a word? I’m not sure, but I’m going with it). This pulled pork is AMAZING. I literally woke up the morning after I put it in the crockpot – did I mention I cooked it for 20 hours? – anyways, I woke up the next morning and was confused. I saw Hubby still snoring away in bed. But I smelled bacon. Who was cooking bacon in my house that Saturday morning? I stumbled in the kitchen, clearly confused. Then upon seeing my crockpot, remembered that we had pork cooking low and slow. For 20 hours. Yea, just let that one process for a minute.

When Hubby did wake from his slumber, he hit up a local bakery for some rolls and we enjoyed Crockpot Hawaiian Pulled Pork sandwiches. I topped them with provolone and melted the cheese under the broiler for a minute. It’s seriously amazing what you can make with three simple ingredients and 20 hours in the crockpot.

One Year Ago: Crockpot Pulled Chicken

Total Time: 20 hours

Ingredients:

6 pounds pork butt roast
1 1/2 Tbsp sea salt
1 Tbsp liquid smoke flavoring

Directions:

Pierce pork all over with a carving fork. Rub salt then liquid smoke over meat. Place roast in a slow cooker.

Cover, and cook on Low for 16 to 20 hours, turning once during cooking time.

Remove meat from slow cooker, and shred, adding drippings as needed to moisten.

24 Responses to “Crockpot French Onion Soup”

Megan — January 9, 2013 at 7:56 am

I’ve tried a bunch of recipes and can never get the rich beefy broth that you find at most steak houses. But yours looks really dark… so maybe it’s what I’ve been looking for. I often think about going all out and roasting bones first to make it. Ha. Love the cheesy toasts on top. Jeff is weird and only likes the cheese and not the bread. So difficult to get the cheese to stay on top without bread!

• beantownbaker — January 9th, 2013 @ 8:48 am

Ok that is weird that he likes the cheese and not the toast… This was definitely nice and rich and super easy.

Krystal R {Mrs. Regueiro's Plate} — January 9, 2013 at 11:14 am

Oh yum, and I’ve been adding a bunch of crockpot recipes to add to my to-do list. This one is perfect…and can I tell you how much I LOVE LOVE the new site? It looks pretty fabulous. I love the colors!!!!!!!!

• beantownbaker — January 9th, 2013 @ 12:28 pm

Crockpot recipes are the best. Just set it and forget about it and voila – you have dinner ready!

Thanks – I’m totally loving it too 🙂 It was like the best Christmas gift I could have given myself!

Danielle — January 9, 2013 at 5:53 pm

Wow our recipes for the crockpot look so similar and I can attest it is delicious!

Sarah C — January 9, 2013 at 9:06 pm

I love French Onion Soup! My husband made a big pot of it when I was pregnant and had some cravings, but we agreed it just didn’t have that same restaurant flavor. Can’t wait to try this!

• beantownbaker — January 9th, 2013 @ 9:10 pm

That was sweet of him to make it for you!

Ashley Bee (Quarter Life Crisis Cuisine) — January 10, 2013 at 11:55 am

Is your design new? Maybe I haven’t been to your actual site in a while–Reader makes me lazy, heh.

Anyways, I need to make this! One of my gripes about french onion soup is that it is annoying to prepare but I do like it a lot–I’ll have to try the crock pot version 🙂

• beantownbaker — January 10th, 2013 @ 1:43 pm

It IS new! As of late last year. It was my own little gift to myself. Reader makes me lazy too 😉

This is the only French onion soup I’ve ever made. I’m glad I started with a crockpot version because I’m definitely going to be making it again!

Patsy — January 11, 2013 at 5:18 pm

What a great idea to make this in the crockpot! I’ve been trying to find more good recipes to make in mine… and this one looks too good to pass up!

Kerstin — January 11, 2013 at 8:38 pm

We’re also huge French Onion soup fans and this looks so easy in the crockpot. i need to get one! And now I might have to go eat some cheesy toast,… 🙂

• beantownbaker — January 12th, 2013 @ 4:20 pm

I can’t believe you don’t have a crockpot! I use mine all.the.time.

Ginger — February 24, 2013 at 12:52 am

We are living in a construction site and all I have is a crockpot (or two) to cook with. It’s amazing what you can do with a crockpot! This recipe was a pleasant surprise to find after cooking meat meals for weeks now. I’m starting the onions tonight. I’ll post back on the results 🙂

• beantownbaker — February 24th, 2013 @ 10:35 am

That has to be tough! Let me know what you think of the soup.

Ginger — February 24, 2013 at 10:39 pm

Just licked the bowl clean… 🙂 Great recipe! I wasn’t certain how much Thyme to put in so I chopped up about a tablespoon full. I also added a tablespoon of soy sauce when I added the wine which seemed to give it a little bolder flavor. It was perfect! My husband agreed 🙂 thank you!

• beantownbaker — February 26th, 2013 @ 7:57 am

So glad you guys like it!

Steve work — March 2, 2013 at 5:23 pm

I’ve been craving onion soup. My girlfriend and I always trying to outdo each other in the kitchen . She made an awesome jumbya in the crock pot the other day. Tonite I’m trying the French onion. Can’t wait till dinner tomorrow . I’ll let you know how she liked it.

• beantownbaker — March 3rd, 2013 @ 11:10 am

That sounds like a fun healthy competition! Let me know how it goes.

Donna C. — September 2, 2013 at 12:56 am

I have made the Crock Pot French Onion Soup twice and tonight I started my third. My father-in-law, a French Onion Soup lover and connoisseur has tried my FOS and says this recipe rivals any restaurant any where! I consider this high praise from a man who has tasted FOS in restaurants all over the world. Thank you for this wonderful tasting and easy recipe soup.

I will definitely be trying more of the crock pot recipes. Thanks so much for sharing your delicious recipes with us.

• beantownbaker — September 2nd, 2013 @ 9:38 am

So glad you guys enjoy this soup. As I mentioned, I am NOT a French Onion Soup connoisseur, so I’m glad to hear that someone who is enjoys this recipe!

Tam — September 22, 2013 at 8:36 am

Epic fail. Onions were burnt followed the recipe exactly. Used the paper towel and woke up with a huge mess of onion juice all over my stove ( crockpot sits on stove f Let’s hope the stove still works….

• beantownbaker — September 25th, 2013 @ 4:17 pm

Bummer. Sorry this recipe didn’t work out for you 🙁

Susan Mariner — November 19, 2015 at 8:15 pm

This recipe is AMAZING!!!!! I made it 2 years ago I when I found this recipe after searching for what seemed to be the perfect one! Then I lost this recipe and just came across it again and so happy I did! The onions are caramelizing over night now and I can’t wait to dig in tomorrow. It’s by far the best French onion soup recipe EVER! Thank you for sharing! 🙂

Robert Aitkens — January 10, 2016 at 8:19 am

I too ended up with burnt onions leaving them cook overnight on low. Not sure if it’s because of using the paper towel trick or that 8-10 hrs is too long. I’d recommend not cooking them overnight.