Crockpot beef and peppers

This recipe comes from my stepmom. Hubby couldn’t remember the time she made this for us, but he sure did love it today. It was SO easy to throw together and just forget about it all day. When we walked in after a long day of work, it smelled delicious in our house.

We served this on a bun with some hickory smoked goat cheese. The cheese mixed very well with this meet which had a little bite from the pepperocini.

Crockpot beef and peppers

Printable Recipe5 lb Chuck Roast – I used boneless rump roast
1 tsp garlic salt – I used 1 tsp minced garlic + 1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp pepper
8 oz jar pepperocini with juice
12 oz can beer
I also added some chopped onions that we had in the fridge
Put everything into the crockpot. Cook on LOW for 8 hours.

We halved the recipe and got enough for 6 sandwiches.

7 Responses to “Raw Summer Vegetable “Pasta””

Daisy — September 23, 2010 at 12:25 am

This looks delicious! I love that you guys plowed through it as an afternoon snack!

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — September 23, 2010 at 12:30 am

I love using veggies as a healthy substitute for pasta. My favorite is a little more obvious – spaghetti squash!

Also, I got your DM about the photo. I’ve been crazy busy but I’ll email it to everyone tonight!

nutmegnanny — September 23, 2010 at 1:11 am

What a great salad! It’s perfect for saying goodbye to summer 🙂

A Bitchin' Kitchen — September 23, 2010 at 3:09 am

This looks so good! Yummy produce is really the only thing I’ll miss about summer time. I came across your site earlier today while searching for a pumpkin spice cheesecake brownie recipe (which I plan on making tomorrow btw). You have some great recipes and I’ll definitely be returning!

Lisa — September 23, 2010 at 4:50 am

What a great vegetarian dish. With all those gorgeous colors it’s a feast for the eyes as well as for the palate.

Eliana — September 23, 2010 at 3:17 pm

What a gorgeous dish. It looks super delicious too.

The Small Boston Kitchen — September 25, 2010 at 2:21 pm

YUM! Great way to (healthily) soak up the last bits of summer flavors! Looks great…