Crockpot beef and peppers

This recipe comes from my stepmom. Hubby couldn’t remember the time she made this for us, but he sure did love it today. It was SO easy to throw together and just forget about it all day. When we walked in after a long day of work, it smelled delicious in our house.

We served this on a bun with some hickory smoked goat cheese. The cheese mixed very well with this meet which had a little bite from the pepperocini.

Crockpot beef and peppers

Printable Recipe5 lb Chuck Roast – I used boneless rump roast
1 tsp garlic salt – I used 1 tsp minced garlic + 1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp pepper
8 oz jar pepperocini with juice
12 oz can beer
I also added some chopped onions that we had in the fridge
Put everything into the crockpot. Cook on LOW for 8 hours.

We halved the recipe and got enough for 6 sandwiches.

6 Responses to “Chocolate Sorbet”

Sarah C — April 22, 2013 at 5:16 pm

Is there any way to make this without an ice cream maker? I love the idea of this chocolate sorbet and was totally on board until the last part. Now I’m very curious and might have to do some googling after my daughter goes to bed.

• beantownbaker — April 22nd, 2013 @ 5:32 pm

I just started making ice cream after getting the ice cream attachment for my mixer. So I don’t personally have any experience making ice cream without an ice cream maker. I’m sure it’s been done. If you do make this without an ice cream maker, let me know how it turns out!

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — April 23, 2013 at 7:14 am

Great idea! Love chocolate ice cream and I love you don’t need cream or eggs! Going to try this recipe!

• beantownbaker — April 23rd, 2013 @ 7:44 am

Let me know what you think of it. We really enjoyed it!

lili — May 5, 2014 at 5:13 pm

I added 1/4 tsp salt and 1 tsp vanilla. It was delicious.

• beantownbaker — May 12th, 2014 @ 4:53 pm

So glad you enjoyed it! I love adding salt to desserts. I will definitely have to do the same next time I make this.