Crockpot beef and peppers

This recipe comes from my stepmom. Hubby couldn’t remember the time she made this for us, but he sure did love it today. It was SO easy to throw together and just forget about it all day. When we walked in after a long day of work, it smelled delicious in our house.

We served this on a bun with some hickory smoked goat cheese. The cheese mixed very well with this meet which had a little bite from the pepperocini.

Crockpot beef and peppers

Printable Recipe5 lb Chuck Roast – I used boneless rump roast
1 tsp garlic salt – I used 1 tsp minced garlic + 1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp pepper
8 oz jar pepperocini with juice
12 oz can beer
I also added some chopped onions that we had in the fridge
Put everything into the crockpot. Cook on LOW for 8 hours.

We halved the recipe and got enough for 6 sandwiches.

9 Responses to “Mustard Maple Brussels Sprouts”

Shannon — November 20, 2013 at 9:01 pm

ooh, i love a good brussels recipe, this one is definitely going on the top of my to-try list! and i’m totally with you on pomegranate seeds 🙂

• beantownbaker — November 24th, 2013 @ 6:05 pm

Are pom seeds the best.

Ginny — November 21, 2013 at 4:59 am

I will definitely try these. But that’s not why I wrote. I wanted to tell you that I’m proud of you for taking off time to be with your family. It may or may not have been a difficult decision. That doesn’t matter – It was the right thing to do. While you didn’t ask my permission, you didn’t need to. You have my unmitigated support.

Now go enjoy. Just remember to put your feet up now and then and if anyone volunteers, accept their offer without guilt. It will not only give you a break, you will likely have the perfect chance to bond with (and love) your helpers.

Happy Thanksgiving!

• beantownbaker — November 24th, 2013 @ 6:09 pm

Thanks! Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Liz — November 21, 2013 at 10:51 am

Nice recipe. Thank you. Enjoy your time off and Happy Thanksgiving to you and your families.

Athena @ Fitness & Feta — November 21, 2013 at 10:55 am

Love pomegranates, and I love Brussels Sprouts, so I can’t wait to try this recipe. My boyfriend doesn’t have the same love affair with Brussels Sprouts as I do, but I’m hoping this will help change his mind. Thanks!

• beantownbaker — November 24th, 2013 @ 6:11 pm

This is definitely a recipe that could change the tune of a non-brussels-sprouts lover. Let me know how it goes.

Charles Berger — November 29, 2013 at 2:17 pm

It looks fantastic! thanks a lot for sharing the recipe

• beantownbaker — December 1st, 2013 @ 6:49 pm

It’s really quite tasty. Let me know if you try it out!