Shortbread Cookies

Shortbread Cookies are a classic cookie that is often overlooked. I was always the weird one who ordered a box of shortbread cookies while others were ordering caramel delights and thin mints. I had no idea making Shortbread Cookies was so easy. Three simple ingredients come together in just a few minutes. You could be enjoying a Shortbread Cookie about 20 minutes after you print this recipe.

My sister thought these would be better with some sprinkles on them. In fact, she rolled some of her Snickerdoodles in sparkly sprinkles and we dubbed them Sparkledoodles. But I digress. I do agree that these could be made even more festive by rolling the edges in some sprinkles.

Two Years Ago: Goat Cheese and Tomato Tarts and S’mores Cookie Bars
Three Years Ago: Black Bean Cakes

Print Save

Shortbread Cookies

Yield: 3 dozen cookies

Ingredients:

1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 cups flour

Directions:

Cream butter and powdered sugar. Add flour gradually and stir, eventually working with hands.

Form into balls and place on a cookie sheet. Flatten with a cookie press, fork, or bottom of a glass.

Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until just slightly browned at edges.

Recipe from Me Likey Food

10 Responses to “Ina Gartens Outrageous Oreo Crunch Brownies”

Linds — November 25, 2008 at 1:59 am

Oh my goodness, those look AMAZING!

Ingrid — November 25, 2008 at 3:07 am

Wow, that’s a lot of brownies. They do look heavenly! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    ~ingrid

~Amber~ — November 25, 2008 at 2:03 pm

Wow, these look amazing!

Jen — November 25, 2008 at 5:48 pm

These are amazing! And they’re very chocolatey. Definitely need a glass of milk with them 🙂

Katie — December 1, 2008 at 1:48 pm

Whoa! Those look insanely decadent and delicious!

Glenice — February 27, 2010 at 4:50 am

Hi Jan. These Orio Crunch Brownies look delicious and I would like to try an make them. Being in Australia the recipe needs some clarification for me. How much butter is in a stick? We get butter in 1kg and 500 gm packs… Thanks so much. Just found your blog today and oh! oh!, everything looks so nice. I would like to leave my email address for you: jong2505@hotmail.com

Thanks ever so much…
    Glenice

Sarah — April 13, 2010 at 1:20 am

These look so great! Can I eliminate the instant coffee or is it essential to the taste? I am making these for my 3-year-old niece’s birthday party, and she LOVES chocolate, but I don’t think she should have something with coffee in it. What are your thoughts?

Jen — April 13, 2010 at 11:59 am

Sarah – The coffe in the brownies is there to enhance the flavor of the chocolate. It is not necessary, you could definitely take it out without any issues. I hope you enjoy the brownies!

Sarah — April 19, 2010 at 10:08 pm

Sorry to be a pest with questions, but what kind of pan is the size you mentioned? I did a search online and I got two results – a jelly roll pan and also a much deeper roasting pan. The brownies in your photos look thick but I’m not sure if I need to pick up a new pan. Thanks for all of your help!!! 🙂

Jen — April 21, 2010 at 11:04 am

Sarah – Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. The pan I used is 11x17x1. So it’s not very deep. I always call it a jelly roll pan. Hope that helps!