Shortbread Cookies

Shortbread Cookies are a classic cookie that is often overlooked. I was always the weird one who ordered a box of shortbread cookies while others were ordering caramel delights and thin mints. I had no idea making Shortbread Cookies was so easy. Three simple ingredients come together in just a few minutes. You could be enjoying a Shortbread Cookie about 20 minutes after you print this recipe.

My sister thought these would be better with some sprinkles on them. In fact, she rolled some of her Snickerdoodles in sparkly sprinkles and we dubbed them Sparkledoodles. But I digress. I do agree that these could be made even more festive by rolling the edges in some sprinkles.

Two Years Ago: Goat Cheese and Tomato Tarts and S’mores Cookie Bars
Three Years Ago: Black Bean Cakes

Print Save

Shortbread Cookies

Yield: 3 dozen cookies

Ingredients:

1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 cups flour

Directions:

Cream butter and powdered sugar. Add flour gradually and stir, eventually working with hands.

Form into balls and place on a cookie sheet. Flatten with a cookie press, fork, or bottom of a glass.

Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until just slightly browned at edges.

Recipe from Me Likey Food

8 Responses to “Stuffed Strawberries”

Joelen — July 31, 2008 at 3:12 pm

These are such an elegant treat especially for guests. I like using a cream cheese filling for them!

Jen — July 31, 2008 at 5:39 pm

Yep, that’s how I’ve always seen it, with cream cheese filling. It’s definitely a great way to use up leftover frosting though. I’m sure any cream-cheese based frosting would be delicious.

Gail — August 1, 2008 at 3:44 am

I love the idea of an inside-out chocolate covered strawberry! I will definitely be trying this!

oneordinaryday — March 21, 2009 at 10:49 pm

So pretty. I wonder if nutella would work too.
    Michelle

Chic Cookies — March 22, 2009 at 2:13 am

These are so great! I love the idea (and the party theme is inspired). I posted a link for my edible crafts column to your blog at ediblecrafts.craftgossip.com. Hope to bring you a few more clicks! Thanks for sharing, Meaghan

Oakley Rhodes — March 22, 2009 at 3:33 am

Love it! I’m impressed by those that can keep “leftover” frosting around the kitchen – it’s usually eaten up by my housemates before any can be put away.

lindsey — June 29, 2009 at 11:35 pm

This comment has been removed by the author.

lindsey — June 29, 2009 at 11:37 pm

hey jen,
    i’m thinking of making these for dad’s fourth of july party, along with the strawberry and blueberry cupcakes and of course the layered cookie cake we made last year. i’ll let you know what everyone thinks of them!
    -lindsey