Strawberry Soda

Being a Foodbuzz Tastemaker has been a lot of fun for me. Through the partnership with them, I was able to host a Boston Cupcake Crawl and enjoyed participating in the Foodbuzz Project Food Blog last year. From time to time, they offer us the option to try out various products. When I saw the email about this Tervis Tumbler, I knew I needed to sign up.

You see, Hubby and I both drink a LOT of water. It’s basically the only thing that we have to drink in the house. Except for alcohol, obviously. I’m kind of picky about my water. It has to be cold. Really really cold. And I have to have a straw. This insulated tumbler is awesome at keeping my water cold. It also gave me an opportunity to post a tasty PINK beverage! We both enjoyed this fruity strawberry soda as a treat after dinner instead of dessert.

One Year Ago: Roasted Beet Hummus and Boogity
Two Years Ago: Pumpkin Pecan Pie Candy
Three Years Ago: Mini Pumpkin Whoopie Pies and Ginger Pumpkin Cupcakes
Four Years Ago:

Don’t forget about my Power of Pink Challenge – make something PINK by the end of the month to raise Breast Cancer Awareness!

Print Save

Strawberry Soda

Ingredients:

For strawberry syrup:
1/2 lb strawberries, trimmed and hulled
2 tsp white vinegar
5 Tbsp sugar

For the strawberry soda:
seltzer
strawberry syrup (2 1/2 Tbsp for every 12 oz of seltzer)
ice

Directions:

Make the strawberry syrup:
Place strawberries in blender and pulse until smooth. Add vinegar and mix well.

Pour through a fine mesh strainer over a large bowl and let drain. Press liquid through to get all the juice from the berries. Discard the pulp.

Transfer juice to a medium pot and add sugar. Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer for 5 minutes. Allow to cool and store in fridge. Yields 2/3 cup of syrup.

Make the strawberry soda:
For a 12 oz soda, pour 4 oz of seltzer into a glass. Add 2 1/2 Tbsp of strawberry syrup and stir until combined. Add remaining 8 oz of seltzer and stir. Top off with ice.

13 Responses to “Fresh Strawberry Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting”

SimplySweeter — May 5, 2010 at 11:56 am

Oh yum Jen! These look absolutely delicious! What a great July 4th treat…..maybe split them and serve ’em up like a Strawberry Shortcake??? Yum.

KV — May 5, 2010 at 2:35 pm

Hi Jen, by any chance do you remember about how many strawberries you used for the recipe and also for filling? I have maybe 10-15 strawberries at home that need to be used asap and wondered if that was enough?

Jen — May 5, 2010 at 2:37 pm

KV – Sorry I don’t. We had a big thing of strawberries in the fridge that Hubby had cut up for us to snack on. I would say it was less than a pint, but pretty close to a pint? Not really sure. Sorry I can’t be more help.

hannah! — May 5, 2010 at 4:47 pm

strawberries are my favorite fruit ever! in my opinion, they always should be enjoyed fresh no matter what. even in desserts! 😀 your cupcakes look great, by the wayaoh

Cupcake Activist — May 5, 2010 at 5:03 pm

I’ve heard that strawberry cake doesn’t end up being that sweet, but maybe the addition of fresh strawberries on top changes things. I’m a huge strawberry fan, so I’m anxious to try this.

Jen — May 5, 2010 at 5:24 pm

Cupcake Activist – I could definitely see that the batter itself might not be that sweet. I thought they were great with the additional strawberries added in.

Kerstin — May 5, 2010 at 8:07 pm

This looks divine. I made the Sky High strawberry cake with frozen berries and I thought it was really good, but I’d like to try again with fresh ones too! Your hubby has some very luck coworkers 🙂

Brisbane Baker — May 6, 2010 at 11:12 am

Love this recipe.. infact all of your cupcake recipes. I made your Fauxtess cupcakes the other day and turned out wonderfully.. This is now on my wish list. :

We Are Not Martha — May 6, 2010 at 2:42 pm

These look so simple and beautiful! I love strawberry cake and I especially love the way the fresh strawberries look inside 🙂

Sues

Miss. Tarrah Dame — May 19, 2010 at 2:17 am

cant go wrong with strawberry…just made strawberry marscapone filled cupcakes myself! 🙂

soohyunee — May 25, 2010 at 12:01 am

I love how you frosted these cupcakes!! did you start from the inside and go out with a 1M tip?

Jen — May 25, 2010 at 12:03 am

Yes, soohyunee, to make the rosette, I started in the center and swirled around to the outside.

ecommerce wordpress — October 24, 2020 at 11:20 pm

I love reading tһrough an article that can mɑke people tһink.
    Also, mɑny tһanks for permitting me tto comment!

Have a l᧐oк at my page: ecommerce wordpress