4th Annual Power of Pink Challenge And Giveaway
It’s back! The Power of Pink Challenge! I started this challenge as a way to promote Breast Cancer Awareness. It seems that everyone knows someone who has been affected by breast cancer. In honor of October being National Breast Cancer Awareness month, I present this challenge to you:
make something PINK
It can be anything. As long as it’s pink. And tell anyone who asks why you made pink food that it’s to raise breast cancer awareness.
Also, come check out my blog today. I’ve decided to GO PINK all month long. I’ve got a new header featuring some of my favorite pink recipes.
As an extra challenge for myself, I will only post pink food the whole month of October! Don’t worry, that doesn’t mean that I won’t be posting much. I’ve got some ideas in my head of things to make and Hubby is fully on board with the upcoming plethora of pink food.
To help you guys with some inspiration, I’ve been savings recipes in foodgawker that have caught my eye over the past year. Be sure to check out some lovely pink food here.
While you’re thinking pink, think of the people in your life who have been affected by this disease. Do your monthly self-exam or get your mammogram. I would love to have a time when things like the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer don’t have to exist any more.
Here are the rules for the challenge:
1. Make something, anything, that comes out pink – use any ingredients you want (you can double this up for another Breast Cancer blogging event if you’d like, but it does need to be a post that has been published in October of 2011)
2. Post your pink food by Midnight EST on October 31
3. Include the logo and link back to this post in your post
4. Email me at Jen[at]beantownbaker[dot]com – include:
- Your name and location (city/state/country)
- Name of your blog
- Link to your post
- Picture (or permission to pull one out of your post)
If you don’t have a blog and would like to participate, just send me your information to be entered.
As always, I’m offering a giveaway along with the challenge to one lucky participant. This year I’m giving away a Pink Kodak Zi6 Pocket HD Camcorder. (Full disclosure: the camcorder is a prize that I am getting from the Avon Walk for raising $2,100 by September. Instead of keeping the camcorder, I’m offering it as a giveaway)
Be sure to check my Facebook notes for any additional information about breast cancer awareness events going on this month.