Turkey Veggie Burgers

After eating this turkey veggie burger for dinner, Hubby instantly asked if I would make 100 more. This is coming from a guy who swore he’d never enjoy a turkey burger as much as a beef burger. They’re that good. The shredded veggies keep the burgers extra moist just like they do in muffins and quick breads.

We had some purple carrots from our CSA box, which resulted in a very colorful turkey veggie burger. I got six burgers from the recipe and we ate leftovers in our lunches for a couple days. Then a couple days later, Hubby made another batch for us.

One Year Ago: Multi-Seed Crackerbread

spash worcestshire sauce
3/4 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 large egg
1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
1 Tbsp olive oil

Shred zucchini and carrots. Chop garlic.

Toss zucchini, carrots, garlic, seasonings, egg, bread crumbs, and turkey in a bowl. Shape mix into 6 patties.

Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Cook the patties (about 4-5 minutes per side) until no longer pink.

Serve on your favorite bread or bun, topped with lettuce, tomato, and homemade mayo.

Recipe adapted from Real Simple, June 2007, page 296

11 Responses to “Massaged Kale Salad”

Lauren — August 30, 2010 at 11:23 am

I’m so glad you posted this! Aarti’s kale salad is on my list of dishes to make, and it’s good to know that you guys enjoyed it.

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — August 30, 2010 at 12:49 pm

I saw this on the first episode of Aarti Party and it looked so good to me! Kale is something I’ve also never worked with in our kitchen so I definitely want to give this recipe a try!

Josie — August 30, 2010 at 1:20 pm

I love kale, and I was intrigued by this as well – I really want to try it now! Great picture!

Lauren — August 30, 2010 at 2:12 pm

I picked up all of the ingredients this morning to make the salad, and it is now sitting in my fridge waiting to be devoured for lunch. It’s GREAT! Who knew raw kale could be so good?!

Lizzy — August 30, 2010 at 3:54 pm

Kale is one of my favorite foods but I haven’t had it raw yet. I am bookmarking this!

Kate — August 30, 2010 at 4:00 pm

Wow sounds interesting! I’m very curious to try it myself. I love kale.

Christine — August 30, 2010 at 9:48 pm

I saw this on Aarti Party too – looks good – glad you tried it!

We Are Not Martha — August 31, 2010 at 1:51 am

I love kale and am on a new-found mango kick, so I’m sure this is absolutely wonderful 🙂

Sherry G — August 31, 2010 at 3:33 pm

I don’t know if I could get anyone in my family to try this, but it looks so interesting! I have never tried kale, but I would like to!

Cara — August 31, 2010 at 5:09 pm

I made a massaged kale salad once but it was just “eh”. I don’t think I massaged enough. But I might have to try it again, and do it the right way, since you both loved it!

Elina — September 2, 2010 at 6:48 pm

I LOVE massaged kale – love, love, love it. It tastes completely different than “regular” – not as “green” if that makes sense. 🙂
    I also love the next food network star. I should check out Aarti’s show since this recipe sounds like it’s right up my alley. 🙂