Chocolate Biscoff Cupcakes

Have you noticed all the recipes recently popping up with Biscoff Spread? I had the chance to sample some that came in my TechMUNCH goodie bag. I gobbled up my samples by dipping apples in them, but I knew I needed to jump on this baking with Biscoff spread bandwagon.

When I recently saw a jar at my local grocery store, I grabbed one. Hubby was intrigued and after tasting a bit, I was worried he’d start eating it by the spoonful. I needed to use it ASAP!

If you haven’t tried the spread, it literally tastes just like the Biscoff cookies that we’ve all enjoyed on Delta flights. In fact, the first ingredient is Biscoff cookies. If you’ve never had a Biscoff cookie, the spread has a caramely flavor.

Since the spread is relatively new to the US, there aren’t a whole lot of recipes out there. I decided to pair it with a chocolate cupcake.

I frosted the cupcake with a Biscoff cream cheese frosting and filled it with straight Biscoff spread. Knowing that the spread is pretty sweet, I added a heavy pinch of salt to the filling as well. The salt in these cupcakes really take them to the next level. They’re seriously delicious.

One Year Ago: Cuban Black Beans in the Crockpot and Baja Fish Tacos

For the Cupcakes
12 of your favorite chocolate cupcakes, completely cooled - I used this recipe
1 batch Biscoff frosting
Biscoff spread
Sea salt

For the Frosting
Beat the cream cheese in a mixer for 2 minutes until smooth.

Add the Biscoff spread and beat until completely combined.

Add the powdered sugar and vanilla. Turn the mixer on the lowest setting until powdered sugar is mostly mixed in. Turn mixer up to med and beat for 1-2 minutes. Store in refrigerator until ready to use.

For the Cupcakes
Once cupcakes are completely cooled, use the cone method to remove a portion of the cupcake.

Scoop ~1 tsp of Biscoff spread into each cupcake. Sprinkle a scant 1/8 tsp of sea salt (or a heavy pinch) on top of the spread. Replace the top of the cupcake.

Pipe Biscoff frosting on top of cupcakes. Store in fridge.

Frosting adapted from Biscoff

14 Responses to “Triple Layer Oreo Cake”

URBakin'MeCrazyy — February 9, 2011 at 5:10 pm

This look absolutely FABULOUS! 🙂 I love oreo’s… They could quite possibly be my favorite snack food.! I’m defientely adding this recipe to my collection of cakes to bake! Thanks for sharing.

Cupcake Kelly — February 10, 2011 at 2:14 pm

that is one of the MOST impressive cakes I’ve ever seen! You always amaze me with your creativity! very inspirational.

Elina (Healthy and Sane) — February 10, 2011 at 7:55 pm

OMG – I want!!! 😀

Anonymous — December 16, 2011 at 1:36 pm

hi is it ok to use regular coffee?like maxwell?how many teaspoon of maxwell should i use?thanks

Anonymous — January 20, 2012 at 8:06 pm

This looks AMAZING! What did you use to hold the Oreos in place on the top? Is that Oreo filling?

Claire — February 10, 2012 at 11:46 pm

Love this cake – made it for my hubby’s 30th! Just a quick question as I had a little trouble with the Oreo filling. It was a bit thin. I think the problem might be the type of cream I used as we don’t have heavy cream in Australia (at least it’s not called heavy cream) so does anyone know what type of cream I should use? Thanks heaps 🙂

nette — December 24, 2012 at 3:38 am

This cake turned out amazing! I omitted the coffee from the frosting and it was perfect without but im sure it would have been prefect with. It was a process to make it but well worth it! Just as good if not better than a bakery cake!

• beantownbaker — December 24th, 2012 @ 5:48 pm

Yes, it’s definitely a lot of work, but worth the effort! Glad you enjoyed it.

Tastes of Lizzy T — June 1, 2013 at 5:52 am

Found you on Carole’s Chatter Food on Friday link-up. This cake looks like perfection!! I definitely need to try it soon:)

• beantownbaker — June 10th, 2013 @ 12:33 pm

Thanks and welcome! You should definitely make this cake if you like Oreos at all.

Betty Kang — July 22, 2013 at 11:17 am

OMG, I love oreo so much!!! I will try to make this cake someday! Thank you for the delicious recipe!

• beantownbaker — July 22nd, 2013 @ 1:13 pm

It definitely takes a little bit of extra effort, but it’s so worth it!

Karen — June 2, 2014 at 12:46 pm

What size pkg of Oreos? I just came home with one that only has 3 rows, ugh? It’s 14.3 oz. is that the same size? Thanks!!

• beantownbaker — September 2nd, 2014 @ 7:09 pm

Did that work for you? I will have to check next time I am at the store. I just get the standard size with 3 rows.