Cone Method

I learned about the cone method from the truely inspirational blog Cupcake Bakeshop. It’s a great way to put any filling into your cupcake.

If you’ve got someone willing to help, I’ve found that the process goes much faster with a partner. I’ve convinced hubby to help out a couple times. I cut and he fills.

Step 1: After cupcakes have completely cooled, use a sharp knife to cut out a cone.

Step 2: Scoop small amount of filling into cupcake.

Step 3: Replace top onto cupcake. I usually break off the cone part of the top so that it lies flat on the cupcake.

Step 4: Frost cupcake as usual and enjoy the look on everyone’s face when they get a surprise when they bite into your cupcakes!

10 Responses to “Strawberry Rhubarb Bars”

Ingrid — August 6, 2009 at 7:36 pm

I’ve been anxious to try rhubarb but after many trips to the grocery store missed the season. (it sold out-FAST!) Did you use fresh or frozen rhubarb? I just saw the frozen kind and have been thinking about giving it a try.
    ~ingrid

Jen — August 6, 2009 at 8:12 pm

Ingrid – I made this when I was home in the Midwest back in June. It seems easier to find out there than in the East Coast where I live. We use fresh and I’ve never used frozen although my dad does freeze his for the rhubarb rolls I made a few weeks ago too. I should have grabbed a ton and froze it myself…

bewa3u1 — August 6, 2009 at 9:07 pm

I made these for a 4th of July party. we ran out of fresh and had to use frozen rhubarb, which tasted fine, we couldnt tell the difference (but we also had the fresh mixed in). Although I would suggest cutting the frozen pieces up a bit more- they came out of the bag huge! ~Jen’s older-younger sister

Jen — August 6, 2009 at 9:15 pm

thanks little sis! Were they store bought or did Dad freeze them from fresh?

Katie — August 7, 2009 at 2:42 am

No kidding – those look like the best dessert ever!! I’m starring and making for sure!

Sara @ Our Best Bites — August 7, 2009 at 5:07 am

Ya know what- I’ve never made anything with rhubarb! But those sure look yummy so I might have to try it 🙂

Colleen — August 7, 2009 at 5:42 pm

These look delicious!

nutmegnanny — August 7, 2009 at 9:28 pm

I love rhubarb, what a great new way to use it;)

madebymel — August 9, 2009 at 12:44 am

I really need to try rhubarb. I am afraid I won’t like it, but this looks like a great recipe!

Ingrid — August 9, 2009 at 5:07 pm

Thank for the info Jen! I just may go ahead and give frozen a try otherwise its wait a year.
    ~ingrid