Cone Method

I learned about the cone method from the truely inspirational blog Cupcake Bakeshop. It’s a great way to put any filling into your cupcake.

If you’ve got someone willing to help, I’ve found that the process goes much faster with a partner. I’ve convinced hubby to help out a couple times. I cut and he fills.

Step 1: After cupcakes have completely cooled, use a sharp knife to cut out a cone.

Step 2: Scoop small amount of filling into cupcake.

Step 3: Replace top onto cupcake. I usually break off the cone part of the top so that it lies flat on the cupcake.

Step 4: Frost cupcake as usual and enjoy the look on everyone’s face when they get a surprise when they bite into your cupcakes!

6 Responses to “Strawberry Margarita Pie”

Ashley Bee (Quarter Life Crisis Cuisine) — October 3, 2013 at 9:01 am

Yum! I love cheesecake, I’ve never made it boozy though! 🙂

Nutmeg Nanny — October 4, 2013 at 2:38 pm

This pie! Oh man, this looks incredible 🙂 I bet it tastes perfect

Maddie — October 6, 2013 at 9:15 pm

Wow! The story about your mom was very touching. Both of my grandmothers were diagnosed with breat cancer and so breast cancer awareness month is very important to me. On a lighter note, this pie looks absolutely delicious. I stumbled upon your blog not too long ago, and as a fellow baker I really enjoy your posts!

• beantownbaker — October 7th, 2013 @ 12:54 pm

Breast cancer has touched so many lives, it’s unreal. I hope you can join in my Power of Pink challenge this month by baking up something pink in your kitchen! Thanks for stopping by.

Tahiti Nights — October 21, 2013 at 2:52 pm

Definitely a colorful pie and enough tequila in it to make sure you keep the kids away from it. Looks like a winner!

Mike — May 22, 2017 at 11:26 am

Wow! It looks so nice, I would almost not even want to cut into it!