Roasted Carrots with Thyme and Goat Cheese

I love finding new ways to serve vegetables that I already love. Carrots are usually reserved around here for snacking or to use as an aromatic in more complex recipes. This recipe definitely reminds me that carrots can stand on their own as an awesome side dish.

Hubby and I both enjoyed the flavors in this dish. It would make a perfect side dish for a dinner party because it has a fancy-pants feel to it even though it’s pretty easy to make. Next time you have some leftover carrots hanging around, give this dish a try!

Three Years Ago: Butternut Squash Risotto

Print Save

Roasted Carrots with Thyme and Goat Cheese

Yield: 4-6

2lbs whole carrots
2-3 Tbsp olive oil
2-3 sprigs of fresh thyme
1/3 cup goat cheese, crumbled

Preheat oven to 400. Peel the carrots and cut diagonally into thirds. If the carrots are large, half or quarter the pieces (aiming for uniform so the pieces will cook evenly).

Toss with olive oil, salt, pepper and the leaves stripped from the thyme sprigs.

Spread on a baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes, stirring halfway through.

Crumble goat cheese over the warm carrots and serve.

9 Responses to “Creamy Red Pepper and Collard Greens Dip”

Ashley — January 25, 2013 at 1:39 pm

This sounds like a tasty dip, and I love that it’s so colorful! I can definitely relate – I’m not into the Superbowl game this year (we recently moved, too, and I prefer college football), but I am ALL about the food!

• beantownbaker — January 25th, 2013 @ 6:12 pm

Were you guys moving during the holidays? We moved into our apartment on 12/21. It was rough… Even when it’s teams that I like, it’s still mostly about the food 🙂

Shannon — January 25, 2013 at 2:29 pm

i do love football food, and i’ve been meaning to try my hand at collard greens 😉

Ashley — January 26, 2013 at 8:08 pm

We didn’t move as recently as you! We made our move in October…and I’m just starting to feel settled. It is rough… Of course, the kitchen was the first room put together!

Lori — January 27, 2013 at 1:40 pm

Approximately how much collard greens do you need? Can you use canned? This sounds terrific…like a soul food dip!

• beantownbaker — January 27th, 2013 @ 4:08 pm

Sorry about that. Missed a key ingredient in the recipe. I updated it now. I used a pound of fresh collard greens. I haven’t tried it with canned. Let me know how it goes if you do.

Megan — January 27, 2013 at 8:40 pm

I’m so not into the Super Bowl this year either, but I can always get behind some football food. I’m still trying to decide what to make for next weekend. This dip sounds so good!

ErinsFoodFiles — January 28, 2013 at 2:22 pm

YUM! I’ve never seen collards in a dip before.

Jade — October 23, 2017 at 12:05 pm

Hey love this recipe. it is actually my daughters FAVORITE MEAL! but i want to know how do i make this into a freezer meal? should i do anything differently? or just make as directed and put them from oven to freezer?