Seven Month Update – 30 by 30
Well I’m closer to 30 than 29 these days, so I should have more than half of my list done… Yea, I’m not quite there, but hey, I’m making progress.
Bagels- done! I made mini whole wheat bagels last week, but just haven’t blogged about them yet. Marshmallows– done!
- Molten Lava Cakes - I have a recipe, just need an excuse to make these
- Baked Doughnuts
- Cheesecake - I made cheesecake as part of the Red Velvet Cheesecake Cake, but my intent for this item is to make a cheesecake that stands on it’s own
Indian Meal (chicken tikka masala and naan)– done!
- Continue to bake for a good cause – I started up my Operation Baking Gals effort again, and donated baked goods to Ashlee’s virtual bake sale
Prepare three new foods(1: Kale in the Massaged Kale Salad, 2: Figs in the Fig, Goat Cheese and Caramelized Onion Crostini and Homemade Fig Newtons, 3: Beets in the Roasted Beet Hummus) – done!
- Get to my goal weight
- Work out on a regular basis - I’ve been hitting up the new gym quite a few times this year already!
Complete the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer- done!
- Visit at least 3 new cities (1: San Francisco, CA, 2: Hershey, PA)
Pack a picnic dinner and see a movie on the Esplanade- done! Go to the beach! (can you believe Hubby and I haven’t had a beach day since we moved to Boston 3 years ago)- done! Go to the Cranberry Festival in October- done!
- Take a spontanious trip with girlfriends
- Talk to younger siblings (A and L) on a regular basis - I have been making an effort here. Luckily talking to teenagers is easy if you’re willing to text/FB chat
- Plan/host a girls night (in or out)
- Go visit my little brother’s college dorm room – this one can’t possibly happen since my brother only lived in his dorm 1 semester and is living in a fraternity now. I would love to go visit him in college, but I just don’t see it happening before June… I might need to update this item or replace it all together…
Meet my friend’s babies in the Midwest– done! – I got to meet a TON of babies when I was in Indy for Baby Wagner’s baby shower. And Hubby and I got to meet baby B and T over the holidays. Babysit/Spoil my new nephew as much as I can- I’m calling this one done, but I’ll continue to spoil him as the years go on – We also spoiled him rotten by blowing our budget on his Christmas gifts.
- Send birthday cards to my siblings, parents, and nephew - started – October kicked off the winter birthday season for us. I got cards out to my youngest sister, L, my dad, my other sister B, and my mom. That’s it for birthdays for me until April.
- Plan a date-day with Hubby
Take a cooking class- done!
- Read the photography books my dad got me - started – I started reading both the books he gave me, so that’s good!
- Finish all the nearly-complete kitchen projects - started – I brought the paint up from the basement to do the touch ups but haven’t actually done the touching up yet…
- Fully de-clutter our place – started – I did some MAJOR fall cleaning in our bedroom. Took everything out of the closet and my dresser. It felt good to purge some things.
- Volunteer for something at least four times (1: volunteered to take care of the ongoing can-recycling project at work, 2: volunteered to sell pies for Pie in the Sky, 3: it hasn’t happened yet, but I’ve signed up to volunteer at an event on April 2)
- Plan a Boston area food blogger event - started – I have an idea about this and need to get going on some planning…