M&M, that spells MMmmm… (Eat to the Beat)

…MMmmm that’s the sound that you make when you eat ’em. When I die, bury me in M&Ms!

Ok hubby had never heard the M&M song before but I was singing it all afternoon when I made these little guys. I picked up some Halloween M&Ms and a bag of pretzels on my way home. I had some leftover candy melts from the cupcake bites I made earlier this month.

I’m so glad that I realized *duh* that I could use those for these little treats. In the Midwest you can find almond bark at any grocery store. Usually, that’s what I use and I spoon it onto the pretzels. But after making the cupcake bites, it just dawned on me that the white Wilton candy melts would also work. And it’s a lot less messy to use the squeeze bottle instead of a spoon.

I still say this is a two-man job. It can be done by yourself but it’s just easier to have 4 hands on the job rather than two. Luckily, Hubby loves these things and enjoys making them with me.

Easy M&M Treats (by ME!)
1 1-lb bag of mini-pretzels
2 big bag of M&Ms
2 packages of Almond Bark or 2 bags of Wilton candy melts (white)

Line 2 cookie sheets with waxed paper. Lie pretzels (flat side down) on the waxed paper. They can be very close to each other.

Melt almond bark/candy melts according to the directions on the package. Using a spoon, scoop some of the melted almond bark into the holes of the pretzels OR using a squeeze bottle, squeeze melted candy into holes of pretzels.

Before it starts to set, put 3 M&Ms into the holes. This is where it helps to have an extra set of hands. Usually I pour the melted almond bark while Hubby puts the M&Ms in.

When the sheet is full, put it in the freezer or outside to let the almond candy is set. I like to store mine in the freezer as well.

I’m submitting this to Elly’s Eat to the Beat since I couldn’t stop singing the whole night I made them (and the next day when I typed up this post)!

12 Responses to “Homemade Snickers Candy Bars”

Shannon — October 22, 2010 at 5:23 pm

oh no! that’s too bad he had to guess… they look awesome and i bet they taste better too!

penniesonaplatter.com — October 22, 2010 at 5:32 pm

I will GLADLY be your taste tester for all these candy bars! Looks great!

Laura — October 22, 2010 at 5:59 pm

these look amazing!!! I want to try all three kinds 🙂 How do you think these would hold up if I gave them out as gifts a day or two after making them? Do they have to be refrigerated?

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — October 22, 2010 at 6:21 pm

I kind of want to go trick or treating at your house with these candies! I got a recipe from King Arthur Flour to make Twix bars that I’m dying to try out!

Jen — October 22, 2010 at 9:52 pm

Laura – I don’t know if they have to be refrigerated. I kept mine in the freezer and we snacked on them for over a week.

Fun and Fearless – If you decide to make Twix – let me know cause I want in on that!

Sandra — October 23, 2010 at 12:15 am

This is an entire blog about candy, chocolate bars, and sugary stuff? I think I have just fallen in love.
    I didn’t read down far enough in the post, I got too excited when I realized what I had stumbled upon, but i have to go back to see if you gave the Snicker’s bar recipe!

The Small Boston Kitchen — October 23, 2010 at 3:51 pm

I’m sooooo going trick-or-treating at your place! You are amazing with your baking skills, absolutely amazing.

brettb734 — October 24, 2010 at 1:59 am

Those look delicious!!!

Nutmeg Nanny — October 25, 2010 at 5:13 pm

These look great! Thank you for submitting these to the ATTYC event!

Elina (Healthy and Sane) — October 28, 2010 at 6:41 pm

Snickers bars are definitely my favorite candy as well and I’m trying to stay away from them due to all the junk that’s in the ingredients list. I may have to make these some day (saving the recipe!).
    Your husband is hilarious – mine would probably have the same reaction. 🙂

Heather — November 6, 2010 at 2:00 am

These look so yummy! 🙂 How many Kraft caramels did you use? Thanks.

Lilla — March 15, 2019 at 4:12 am

As opposed to changing items to perform the chilly table with their benefit, a lot of
    people are therefore stubborn or stupid that they simply won’t adjust.