M&M, that spells MMmmm… (Eat to the Beat)

…MMmmm that’s the sound that you make when you eat ’em. When I die, bury me in M&Ms!

Ok hubby had never heard the M&M song before but I was singing it all afternoon when I made these little guys. I picked up some Halloween M&Ms and a bag of pretzels on my way home. I had some leftover candy melts from the cupcake bites I made earlier this month.

I’m so glad that I realized *duh* that I could use those for these little treats. In the Midwest you can find almond bark at any grocery store. Usually, that’s what I use and I spoon it onto the pretzels. But after making the cupcake bites, it just dawned on me that the white Wilton candy melts would also work. And it’s a lot less messy to use the squeeze bottle instead of a spoon.

I still say this is a two-man job. It can be done by yourself but it’s just easier to have 4 hands on the job rather than two. Luckily, Hubby loves these things and enjoys making them with me.

Easy M&M Treats (by ME!)
1 1-lb bag of mini-pretzels
2 big bag of M&Ms
2 packages of Almond Bark or 2 bags of Wilton candy melts (white)

Line 2 cookie sheets with waxed paper. Lie pretzels (flat side down) on the waxed paper. They can be very close to each other.

Melt almond bark/candy melts according to the directions on the package. Using a spoon, scoop some of the melted almond bark into the holes of the pretzels OR using a squeeze bottle, squeeze melted candy into holes of pretzels.

Before it starts to set, put 3 M&Ms into the holes. This is where it helps to have an extra set of hands. Usually I pour the melted almond bark while Hubby puts the M&Ms in.

When the sheet is full, put it in the freezer or outside to let the almond candy is set. I like to store mine in the freezer as well.

I’m submitting this to Elly’s Eat to the Beat since I couldn’t stop singing the whole night I made them (and the next day when I typed up this post)!

8 Responses to “Vegan chocolate / banana / caramel cupcakes”

Joelen — February 12, 2009 at 9:45 pm

Oh my! These look fabulous!!!

Elizabeth — February 12, 2009 at 11:40 pm

I love vegan chocolate cupcakes – and these look delicious. I can’t wait to try them!

Koo-Bean Cuisine — February 20, 2009 at 12:17 am

These just made me so excited!!! They sound amazing and better yet…VEGAN! Thank you for posting this!

Jodi — February 21, 2009 at 12:08 am

I saw these on Tastespotting and want to try, but — for the mousse what type of chocolate chips are you using? All of the ones I’ve seen in the store have milk fat in them. I’m new to vegan cooking, so maybe this is still non-dairy? My son is allergic which is why I’ve been trying many new vegan recipes!

foodess — February 21, 2009 at 7:13 pm

Wow, those look over-the-moon good!

Amy Kingman — August 27, 2009 at 7:17 pm

I’m totally making these tonight! I dont have the fancy caramel sauce, but hopefully they’ll still be edible with regular caramel. 🙂 Yum!

Lexi — September 4, 2009 at 5:45 pm

Jodi- Gihrardelli semisweet chocolate chips do not have any milkfat in them.

These look fantastic-I am allergic to dairy, and have been finding it sooo hard to sate my sweet tooth and not pay for it later.

Me — August 16, 2010 at 12:46 am

They look fab! Thanks for sharing. I have included your site in our Vegan cupcake feature at http://www.partycupcakeideas.com