Chocolate Mousse Cupcakes with Chocolate Dipped Strawberries

Remember those chocolate mousse cupcakes I made recently? Remember how I said I’d be making them again? Well here they are again. This time they’re all dressed up for the holidays. I saw these festive strawberries on The Rookie Chef blog last 4th of July and I immediately starred the recipe and put it in my Holiday folder so I’d remember to make them this year.

I got so many compliments on the strawberries and they were so easy to make. I really like the dark blue candy melts that I found for the Colts cupcakes I made for the Superbowl this year. It’s much closer to the classic red-white-blue than the normal aqua color of the Wilton candy melts. (For anyone who’s wondering, I found the dark blue candy melts at an ACMoore).

Half of my cupcakes got red white and blue star sprinkles and the other half were topped with the red white and blue strawberries. Next year, I’ll also make a bunch of the strawberries for people to enjoy without the cupcakes as well.

Be sure to check the righthand sidebar for other cookout favorites ———->

And here are some festive Red White and Blue Desserts I’ve made in the past:
Layered Cookie Cake
4th of July Red Velvet Cupcakes
4th of July Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
Red White and Blue No Bake Frozen Cupcakes

Check out my SECOND week of Strawberry Recipes HERE

Print Save

Red White and Blue Dipped Strawberries

Ingredients:

Strawberries, washed and dried
Almond bark or white candy melts
Blue candy melts or blue gel food coloring to mix with the white

Directions:

Wash strawberries and dry on paper towels

Melt almond bark. You can do this in the microwave like I did by just putting it in a bowl, microwaving for 30 seconds, stirring, and then continuing to microwave for 15 second intervals. Make sure and stir between intervals. Or you can do this on a low heat stove top. Just be careful not to burn it!

Dip your strawberries in the almond bark so that it covers about 2/3 of the strawberry. Repeat for all strawberries. Set them on wax paper and allow for them to completely cool.

While your strawberries are cooling, melt your blue candy melts or add your blue coloring to the rest of the almond bark.

Once cooled, dip your strawberries into the blue candy melts but only to the bottom third. Again, transfer to wax paper and allow them to cool.

6 Responses to “Gingerbread Apple Upside Down Cake”

Sophie — January 22, 2010 at 2:27 pm

That looks delicious!! And perfect for the winter weather.

birdutmasali — January 23, 2010 at 2:34 pm

I do know and love cooking

Turkey- istanbul much love to youery nice.

Kathleen — January 25, 2010 at 12:38 am

This looks yummy! Can’t wait to try this recipe. Thanks for sharing.

chelsea — May 10, 2014 at 12:18 am

I made this tonight for a birthday and it was truly *amazing*! We all loved it and all the kids came back wanting seconds. I followed the recipe exactly and it came out incredibly moist and gooey, deliciously sweet, and spiced. I used half Granny Smith apples and half Gala. I also only had a 9″ pan and by the time I filled it up I still had enough batter (and some extra apple slices left) to fill another 9″ pan. I didn’t have any extra caramel topping, but decided to just bake the batter with the few left over apple slices. Next time I will double the amount of the caramel topping and cut up two more apples and make two full pans worth. It takes a little bit of time to make, but is not a difficult recipe to follow and is oh-so worth it! Thanks for sharing this!

• beantownbaker — May 12th, 2014 @ 4:54 pm

SO glad you enjoyed it! It’s been years since I’ve made this recipe and your comment has me moving it to the top of my to-bake list!

windows 7 starter snpc oa toshiba — December 11, 2017 at 10:52 am

I have been reviewin online more than 4 hours today for windows 7
    starter snpc oa toshiba & Pimento Cheese Burger , yet I never found any interesting article like yours.
    It is pretty worth enough for me. In my view, if all site owners
    and bloggers made good content as you did, the internet will be a lot more useful than ever before.