Chocolate Mousse Cupcakes with Chocolate Dipped Strawberries

Remember those chocolate mousse cupcakes I made recently? Remember how I said I’d be making them again? Well here they are again. This time they’re all dressed up for the holidays. I saw these festive strawberries on The Rookie Chef blog last 4th of July and I immediately starred the recipe and put it in my Holiday folder so I’d remember to make them this year.

I got so many compliments on the strawberries and they were so easy to make. I really like the dark blue candy melts that I found for the Colts cupcakes I made for the Superbowl this year. It’s much closer to the classic red-white-blue than the normal aqua color of the Wilton candy melts. (For anyone who’s wondering, I found the dark blue candy melts at an ACMoore).

Half of my cupcakes got red white and blue star sprinkles and the other half were topped with the red white and blue strawberries. Next year, I’ll also make a bunch of the strawberries for people to enjoy without the cupcakes as well.

Be sure to check the righthand sidebar for other cookout favorites ———->

And here are some festive Red White and Blue Desserts I’ve made in the past:
Layered Cookie Cake
4th of July Red Velvet Cupcakes
4th of July Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
Red White and Blue No Bake Frozen Cupcakes

Check out my SECOND week of Strawberry Recipes HERE

Print Save

Red White and Blue Dipped Strawberries

Ingredients:

Strawberries, washed and dried
Almond bark or white candy melts
Blue candy melts or blue gel food coloring to mix with the white

Directions:

Wash strawberries and dry on paper towels

Melt almond bark. You can do this in the microwave like I did by just putting it in a bowl, microwaving for 30 seconds, stirring, and then continuing to microwave for 15 second intervals. Make sure and stir between intervals. Or you can do this on a low heat stove top. Just be careful not to burn it!

Dip your strawberries in the almond bark so that it covers about 2/3 of the strawberry. Repeat for all strawberries. Set them on wax paper and allow for them to completely cool.

While your strawberries are cooling, melt your blue candy melts or add your blue coloring to the rest of the almond bark.

Once cooled, dip your strawberries into the blue candy melts but only to the bottom third. Again, transfer to wax paper and allow them to cool.

13 Responses to “Pumpkin Cranberry Pecan Upside Down Cake”

Sarah — November 24, 2010 at 4:58 pm

This is the perfect recipe for all of the leftover ingredients I have! Hubby made me buy a 3-pound bag of cranberries because he loves them, but you only use 12 ounces for cranberry sauce so I’ve got about 2 pounds of cranberries left to use, plus lots of pumpkins and pecans. This is definitely being made this weekend!

Megan — November 24, 2010 at 5:18 pm

Oh man. That does sound good. And I know it must be if you’re repeating it because I am the same way. I’m going to make a cranberry maple pecan cake on Friday… but this is really tempting too.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Stephanie — November 24, 2010 at 5:55 pm

Oh, man! If I only had more time for Thanksgiving dessert table – this is certainly one I would try.

We Are Not Martha — November 24, 2010 at 5:58 pm

Oooh this cake looks so ooey gooey and delicious! I wish there weren’t already so many desserts coming to my Thanksgiving table because I’d totally make this!

Sues

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — November 24, 2010 at 6:02 pm

This looks super delicious and your photos look great too! Happy Thanksgiving to you and hubby!

Shannon — November 25, 2010 at 3:48 pm

ooooh, my, i must try this 🙂 happy thanksgiving!!

Nutmeg Nanny — November 28, 2010 at 10:14 pm

What a fabulous recipe! All the flavors sound delicious to me.

Shandra — November 29, 2010 at 4:45 am

This looks amazing! It looks so moisty yum, I should try to make this sometime, Love your blog! this is my first comment for you so I thought I’d show some appreciation for your blog, because I’ve been drooling over all your recipes for a while
    Shandra-http://shandrita.tumblr.com/

"pup" — November 29, 2010 at 1:13 pm

Your photos are beautiful! The pictures I took of the actual cake didn’t look to appealing, the photos I took of the bite sized cake bites looked pretty though lol
    Good job!!

freefoodboston — December 1, 2010 at 3:21 pm

What a great recipe! You totally had me at caramel/pecan/cranberry topping.

Sophie — January 1, 2011 at 3:14 am

Just finally made this cake and it is astoundingly good! Truly the best dessert I’ve had in…oh, a very long time. Thank you for your post!

Nancy Blume-Watson — November 30, 2013 at 1:57 pm

I tried to be good, I really did! This cake was so delicious, I not only had seconds, I had a piece for breakfast the next day and for a snack later that day. This one goes on my Christmas menu!

• beantownbaker — December 1st, 2013 @ 6:52 pm

I doubled the recipe this time and you’ll remember the middle didn’t quite bake through. It also spilled over a bit, so next time, I’ll put a pan under the cake in the oven.