PB&J Omelet

It’s a well known fact that I eat some weird things. Well at least that’s what Hubby will have you thinking. We saw a girl eating a pickle with ketchup at a restaurant the other night. Now THAT’S a weird food combination.

This one might be pretty weird too… I saw this pop up in my Google Reader and wanted to try it. I already knew I like jelly with eggs. And obviously like peanut butter with jelly. The weirdness comes in when you think about eating peanut butter on eggs… But I’ll tell you what, it works.

The warm egg helps to melt the peanut butter and jelly into an ooey gooey deliciousness. I’m pretty sure Hubby has never seen me eat this since I only have it every once and a while when I’m working from home. I’m sure he’d be disgusted even more than when I eat jelly on a breakfast sandwich.

I like to spread the peanut butter on half and the jelly on the other half the fold it over and let it set for a few minutes to melt a bit. I used the strawberry-blueberry jam that I recently made for this omelet.

One Year Ago: Crockpot French Dip Sandwich

Print Save

PB&J Omelet

2 eggs
peanut butter
your favorite jelly or jam

Beat your eggs with a small amount of milk. Cook as an omelet with no fillings. Place cooked eggs on plate.

Spread peanut butter and jelly on the cooked eggs. Fold egg over while still hot to melt peanut butter and jelly.

Recipe inspired by Crazy Delicious Food

9 Responses to “Shrimp with Cilantro Pesto”

Joelen — September 3, 2009 at 4:24 am

This combines 2 of my husband’s loves – shrimp and cilantro! Love the ice cube trick too!

Ingrid — September 3, 2009 at 5:48 pm

Yum, I love shrimp! Hadn’t thought to flavor it with pesto. Warm crusty bread would be yummy with it!

stephchows — September 3, 2009 at 7:10 pm

OH WOW so simple and so beautiful! I need to make myself some pesto cubes for moments like these 🙂

Kerstin — September 3, 2009 at 10:11 pm

What a delicious and easy dinner! I’m lucky if I’m home by 8:30, so I completely understand needing quick recipes! I’ll have to try the frozen pesto trick.

bec — September 4, 2009 at 3:06 pm

i just made my first batch of ice cube pesto from our basil forest. neil panics every time i make pesto. he needs verification that i have not used up too much basil. if i use 10% of what is in the garden, then we are in the safety zone. let it grow back, use another 10%. at the end of the season, we will have 9000 cubes of pesto in the freezer and neil will be happy. totally jealous of your new stove, btw. i want a griddle!

Kat — September 4, 2009 at 11:55 pm

I love the frozen pesto concept! I have a lot of basil, but there are only two of us in my house and we can only eat so much. I will have to try this. The shrimp looks great.

Justin — September 11, 2009 at 12:23 am

this looks great, and it really can’t get much easier

Jori Hodgson — January 27, 2010 at 6:52 am

Hi there! Love this idea. Great job!

I was wondering where I can find pesto? Also, do you have any ideas for sides that would be good with this? I’m not familiar with pesto’s flavor and I want to surprise my husband with something 🙂 Thanks!

Jen — January 27, 2010 at 12:53 pm

Jori – I make my own pesto using this recipe.