PB&J Omelet

It’s a well known fact that I eat some weird things. Well at least that’s what Hubby will have you thinking. We saw a girl eating a pickle with ketchup at a restaurant the other night. Now THAT’S a weird food combination.

This one might be pretty weird too… I saw this pop up in my Google Reader and wanted to try it. I already knew I like jelly with eggs. And obviously like peanut butter with jelly. The weirdness comes in when you think about eating peanut butter on eggs… But I’ll tell you what, it works.

The warm egg helps to melt the peanut butter and jelly into an ooey gooey deliciousness. I’m pretty sure Hubby has never seen me eat this since I only have it every once and a while when I’m working from home. I’m sure he’d be disgusted even more than when I eat jelly on a breakfast sandwich.

I like to spread the peanut butter on half and the jelly on the other half the fold it over and let it set for a few minutes to melt a bit. I used the strawberry-blueberry jam that I recently made for this omelet.

One Year Ago: Crockpot French Dip Sandwich

Print Save

PB&J Omelet

Ingredients:

2 eggs
milk
peanut butter
your favorite jelly or jam

Directions:

Beat your eggs with a small amount of milk. Cook as an omelet with no fillings. Place cooked eggs on plate.

Spread peanut butter and jelly on the cooked eggs. Fold egg over while still hot to melt peanut butter and jelly.

Recipe inspired by Crazy Delicious Food

9 Responses to “Roasted Asparagus”

Cara — May 27, 2010 at 12:21 am

some of our faves are asparagus and brussels sprouts too 🙂

Jennifer Chung — May 27, 2010 at 2:22 am

This is the only way we eat our asparagus as well. Do people still boil asparagus? Seriously, it’s kind of a waste that way…
    Sometimes the simplest recipes are the best to share. 🙂

yumventures — May 27, 2010 at 3:35 am

One of my all time faves. Roasted anything, actually, but asparagus gets so crispy and flavorful!

Feast from Famine — May 27, 2010 at 3:41 am

We love to grill asparagus that has been rubbed with olive oil and sea salt–so good! 🙂

Sezasaurus — May 27, 2010 at 4:33 am

Hi there, I’ve been reading your blog for so long now and just wanted to say thanks for all your wonderful recipes. I’ve used so many that have been awesome and really tasty thank you so much! Keep up the good work!

Sezasaurus — May 27, 2010 at 4:35 am

p.s asparagus season is one of the highlights of our year to hehe. So many fantastic things you can do with it! Have you tried roasting it in orange juice and silvered almonds? Devine.

Jen — May 27, 2010 at 12:29 pm

Sezasaurus – Orange and almond does sound tasty! Thanks for the idea.

Elina — May 28, 2010 at 2:26 pm

I can’t remember if I’ve ever had roasted asparagus – roasted broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts definitely but roasted asparagus could be a new one. Sounds awesome! 🙂

Sarah — June 5, 2010 at 1:57 am

We made this last night with grilled pork chops and homemade mac and cheese. I tossed in the olive oil, garlic salt, and pepper and then probably ate 1/4 of them cold while I was waiting for the oven to heat up. Hubby and I each took a serving for our plates after they cooked and then stood in the kitchen eating the rest off the baking sheet before we had dinner! So good and so easy for our favorite veggie!