Pizza! Pizza! – 4 WW PTS

Hubby and I like to make pizza every once and a while. This flavor combo is one of our favorites. I am lactose intolerant, so this pizza only has goat cheese on it.
Trader Joe’s has some great pre-made pizza doughs. They have plain, garlic & herb, and whole wheat. We like to get the whole wheat dough, although hubby thinks it needs some more flavor…
Chicken Sausage, Spinach, Sun Dried Tomato, Goat Cheese Pizza (4 WW PTS)
8 servings – from ME!

2 chicken sausages – sliced – we used the Trader Joe’s Sun Dried Tomato chicken sausage3 cups spinach – chopped
1/2 pkg sun dried tomatoes (NOT in oil) – chopped
~3 oz goat cheese (crumbled)
small amount of milk – used Silk Light Vanilla soymilkPizza dough – used Trader Joe’s whole wheat pizza dough

Follow directions for pizza dough and cook the dough by itself. Poke holes in the dough if you don’t like the bubbles.

While dough is cooking, melt ~2 oz goat cheese and a small amount of milk until chese is melted.

When dough is done, remove from oven and pour melted cheese over pizza. Top with spinach, tomatoes, and sausage. Cook in oven for another few minutes to heat the meat.

Sprinkle remaining cheese on pizza and heat a few more minutes.

Nutritional Information (please double check with your ingredients and serving sizes – I use this recipe calculator)
1 slice (1/8 of pizza): 195.4 Calories, 5.8g Fat, 17.5 mg Cholesterol, 418 mg Sodium, 79.5 mg Potassium, 28.1 g Carbs, 5.4 g Dietary Fiber, 2.0 g Sugar, 9.9 g Protein
WW POINTS = 4

9 Responses to “Bacon wrapped, Goat cheese and almond stuffed Dates”

Joelen — August 1, 2008 at 8:28 pm

Now I think bacon wrapped dates are amazing… but stuffed with goat cheese & almond?! Yum! I wish I knew of this before my Tapas party last weekend 🙂

Nate — August 21, 2008 at 8:06 pm

These are absolutely amazing!

ttfn300 — August 27, 2008 at 2:53 pm

wow sooooo good, recently had something like these (maybe minus the goat cheese?) at a reception. but i love goat cheese. need to buy me some dates 🙂

gaga — December 17, 2008 at 5:39 pm

Yay for goat cheese! It really does make them better, doesn’t it?

aleta meadowlark — March 17, 2009 at 2:24 pm

Okay, so I had these babies at a party in rural Massachusetts this weekend, and I have no idea who made them (they were part of a HUGE spread and like 100 people brought food), and I’m wondering, given your proximity, whether or not I may have possibly eaten your delights unknowingly?

Jen — March 17, 2009 at 3:36 pm

Aleta – it was not me, although it sounds like a great party. These always get gobbled up anywhere we take them!

biz319 — July 30, 2009 at 5:16 pm

do you think these would be good at room temperature?

I am going to an outdoor concert next week and wanted to bring some finger food!

Jen — July 30, 2009 at 5:19 pm

These are awesome at room temperature. We’ve made them a ton. You can make them and refrigerate for a couple days before grilling/broiling, you can also go ahead and cook them just leave them at room temperature. I prefer them at room temperature actually.

Beryl — December 2, 2015 at 5:42 pm

Would you imagine using some milder-tasting cheese like Brie tasting good?