Spinach Pasta with chicken sausage, mushrooms, goat cheese and tomato

This is one of those meals that came together while wondering the aisles at the grocery store. The fresh spinach fettuccine caught my eye and I just went from there. It’s nothing fancy, but boy is it tasty.

Spinach Pasta with chicken sausage, mushrooms, goat cheese and tomato – by ME!1 pkg fresh spinach fettuccine
1 pkg mild chicken sausage
1 pkg presliced baby bellas
olive oil
goat cheese
cherry tomatoes

Remove chicken sausage from casing and brown meat in a skillet. Set aside on a plate with paper towels to soak up any grease.

Saute the mushrooms in the same skillet. Add a small amount of olive oil to the pan if needed.

At the same time, cooked the noodles according the the package instructions.

Toss noodles, chicken and mushrooms together in a bowl. Served with goat cheese and chopped tomatoes.

11 Responses to “Caramelized Butternut Squash”

Pam — November 15, 2010 at 12:52 pm

I have been loving Butternut Squash more than ever this season, myself! Your pictures are lovely, and making me hungry!

Lauren — November 15, 2010 at 1:01 pm

I LOVE butternut squash… especially when roasted until slightly crisp on the outside. Your caramelized version looks great – I will need to add a touch of brown sugar and butter next time I make it.

Boston Food Diary — November 15, 2010 at 3:45 pm

YUM!!! I started my butternut squash kick this weekend- this looks amazing!

Melissa — November 15, 2010 at 3:55 pm

I have a butternut squash from my CSA that I’m dying to cut into. I have a question though, how does one peel a butternut squash?

Jen — November 15, 2010 at 3:57 pm

Melissa – I like to use a Y-shaped vegetable peeler to peel the skin off. You could do it with a knife, but I would be worried about cutting myself.

Julie — November 15, 2010 at 4:10 pm

Sounds like a fabulous way to prepare those squash. I’ll have to remember this for if we have another bumper crop next year!

Bianca @ Confessions of a Chocoholic — November 15, 2010 at 4:23 pm

Hi Jen, nice seeing you again yesterday. I usually roast my butternut squash with brown sugar too but I can’t believe I never thought of adding butter! I usually omit the salt and pepper because I like it very dessert-like, so I add cinnamon too 🙂

Paula — November 15, 2010 at 5:41 pm

what a great blog!
    here is so many inspirations,

have a nice time,
    Paula

Megan — November 16, 2010 at 12:49 am

I love butternut squash too. It’s definitely delicious with just a bit of brown sugar. Sometimes I go a bit overboard and roast it with a whole lot of butter, brown, sugar, and maple syrup.

theblogisthenewblack — November 16, 2010 at 2:46 am

This looks amazing! I love bn squash. I just made a fantastic soup, and now I want to carmelize it!

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — November 19, 2010 at 5:29 pm

This is such a simple way to cook butternut squash and yet SO delicious! I’m loving your butternut squash blog posts!