Strawberry Blueberry Jam

Jam is a great way to use up strawberries now and enjoy them later. Hubby is not a big fan of jam. He just doesn’t really eat it. I love me some jam! And this jam is great!! The lemon flavor was definitely noticeable in a smidge of tartness in the jam, but I enjoyed that.

I have been loving this jam on a toasted bagel, but it is also great on a breakfast sandwich! I still haven’t been able to convince Hubby to try that tasty treat yet, but hopefully I can soon.

I’m so glad I added the blueberries to this jam. I haven’t ever had this jam without the blueberries, so I want to try that next.

One Year Ago: Turkey Chili

Check out my entire week of Strawberry recipes here.

Print Save

Strawberry Blueberry Jam

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups sugar
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
3 cups strawberries, hulled and quartered
1 cup blueberries

Directions:

Combine the sugar, lemon zest, and lemon juice in a small saucepan and cook over very low heat for 10 minutes, until the sugar is dissolved.

Add the berries and continue to cook over very low heat for 20 minutes, until the berries release some of their juices and the mixture boils slowly.

Cook until a small amount of the juice gels on a very cold plate. Pour carefully into 2 pint canning jars and either seal or keep refrigerated.

Recipe adapted from Ina Garten

9 Responses to “Cranberry Sauce”

theblogisthenewblack — November 1, 2010 at 11:24 am

You’re right- so easy there’s no reason not to try this! ha!

Eliana — November 1, 2010 at 3:42 pm

Love that this recipe is so simple and easy. A must have for Thanksgiving.

Michelle — November 1, 2010 at 4:05 pm

I LOVE homemade cranberry sauce! Tastes so good on the Thanksgiving Leftover Sandwich!

Nutmeg Nanny — November 1, 2010 at 5:06 pm

Delicious! Simple recipes need to be shared too…those are my favorite 🙂

Rachel @ The Avid Appetite — November 1, 2010 at 6:08 pm

This absolutely falls under the this-is-so-easy-and-so-much-better-why-would-I-ever-go-back-to-canned-version territory! I recently made turkey burgers with cranberry sauce dressing and used the canned kind – never again!

The Small Boston Kitchen — November 1, 2010 at 10:27 pm

You’re so right…there is NOTHING better than homemade!

Kerstin — November 2, 2010 at 4:17 am

Wow, this sounds so easy and delicious! I’m cooking for the first time this year and can’t wait to make everything from scratch, which usually doesn’t happen when others in my family cook… 🙂

Cassykins — November 2, 2010 at 6:24 pm

I’m jealous, I want this. I have to eat the stuff from a can because I’m allergic to cranberries and the stuff in a can is far away enough from real that I can get away with it. My grandma used to make cranberry relish which was amazing, but also broke me out into the most amazing hives.

Medifast Coupon Code 2010 — November 4, 2010 at 3:08 pm

I have never understood those that buy canned cranberries when they are so simple to make. Tastes way better than any can.
    Thanks for your nice and simple cranberry sauce recipe.