Chocolate and Peanut Butter Pops

Remember those dipped Oreos that I posted last week? Well those aren’t the only pops that I made to celebrate baby B’s arrival.

I made these peanut butter and chocolate pops as well. You really can’t beat the combination of peanut butter and chocolate. And, the Ritz crackers provide a great crunch to these guys. I definitely enjoyed them more than the dipped Oreos, but Hubby prefered the Oreos.

My mom used to make these when I was young only she didn’t put a stick in them. Adding the stick did prove to be a big difficult. I had a few that wanted to slide off the stick as I was dipping them in chocolate. Dipping the stick in chocolate prior to sliding them into the peanut butter seemed to help quite a bit.

Once again, my sister L and mom helped me to write a “B” on each one. Then we put them each in a cellophane bag with some ribbon. As I mentioned last week, my brother and his wife were able to take these treats to work to share their excitement about baby B.

One Year Ago: Rhubarb Rolls
Two Years Ago: Chocolate Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

Print Save

Chocolate Peanut Butter Pops

Ingredients:

Ritz crackers
creamy peanut butter
chocolate for dipping
lollipop sticks

Directions:

Melt a small amount of chocolate in a bowl. Spread a small amount of peanut butter on a Ritz cracker. Dip the tip of a lollipop stick in chocolate and place in peanut butter. Top with another Ritz cracker. Set aside until all crackers are sandwiched together.

Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper. Melt a large amount of chocolate in a bowl. Dip peanut butter pop into melted chocolate. Tap stick on edge of bowl to encourage extra chocolate to drip off. Place on wax paper.

Repeat for all Ritz sandwiches. Once tray is full, place in refrigerator for a few minutes to help the chocolate set up.

8 Responses to “Stuffed Strawberries”

Joelen — July 31, 2008 at 3:12 pm

These are such an elegant treat especially for guests. I like using a cream cheese filling for them!

Jen — July 31, 2008 at 5:39 pm

Yep, that’s how I’ve always seen it, with cream cheese filling. It’s definitely a great way to use up leftover frosting though. I’m sure any cream-cheese based frosting would be delicious.

Gail — August 1, 2008 at 3:44 am

I love the idea of an inside-out chocolate covered strawberry! I will definitely be trying this!

oneordinaryday — March 21, 2009 at 10:49 pm

So pretty. I wonder if nutella would work too.
    Michelle

Chic Cookies — March 22, 2009 at 2:13 am

These are so great! I love the idea (and the party theme is inspired). I posted a link for my edible crafts column to your blog at ediblecrafts.craftgossip.com. Hope to bring you a few more clicks! Thanks for sharing, Meaghan

Oakley Rhodes — March 22, 2009 at 3:33 am

Love it! I’m impressed by those that can keep “leftover” frosting around the kitchen – it’s usually eaten up by my housemates before any can be put away.

lindsey — June 29, 2009 at 11:35 pm

This comment has been removed by the author.

lindsey — June 29, 2009 at 11:37 pm

hey jen,
    i’m thinking of making these for dad’s fourth of july party, along with the strawberry and blueberry cupcakes and of course the layered cookie cake we made last year. i’ll let you know what everyone thinks of them!
    -lindsey