Mini chocolate-chocolate cupcakes with raspberry and caramel filling

Holly over at PheMomenon is hosting a Blogging For Babies event called Little Wonders. Holly is raising money for the March of Dimes March for Babies in honor of her son Cole. Read all about her story on her blog.

The requirements of the event are simply to make something small. Since you all know I love making cupcakes, I thought mini-cupcakes would be perfect. The truth is, I have supported March of Dimes for quite some time myself. My 13 year old sister was also born premature. I was 14 at the time and remember being very scared. I was so scared in fact, that when the entire family went to see her for the first time in the NICU, I refused to go.

My sister has grown into a wonderful teenager girl (is that even possible?) She’s very intellegent and likes to bake just like me. We enjoy baking together when I see her, which unfortunately, isn’t often enough. Here is the most recent picture of us taken last Christmas. Yes, she’s a tall one.

Back to the cupcakes. I used my favorite chocolate cupcake recipe with my favorite chocolate cream cheese frosting recipe (without the chili powder). I made both recipes dairy free (the caramel was not dairy free).

I usually use the cone method to fill cupcakes. I knew this wouldn’t work very well with mini-cupcakes. Instead I used a special cupcake filling tip that came with my piping bag set. It took a while to get the hang of it, but in the end it worked out fine. I filled some with leftover caramel I had and the rest with some leftover raspberry preserves. Both tasted amazing.

Definitely be sure to check out Holly’s story and support her team for the March of Babies.

10 Responses to “Blueberry Curd”

ErickaJo — July 20, 2012 at 10:20 pm

Loving the look of this recipe. Is it tart enough so that I could can it using using the water bath method, or do you think I should employ pressure? I’m about to come into a dozen pints of blueberries, and I’m trying to be creative. 🙂

Domi — July 14, 2013 at 12:45 pm

Ohmygodness! I made it and I’m in love! 🙂

Greetings from Poland!

• beantownbaker — July 14th, 2013 @ 4:19 pm

So glad you enjoyed this! Glad to have a friend in Poland 🙂

Alison's Wonderland Recipes — June 26, 2014 at 6:29 pm

I made your curd as part of my newest recipe (Eeyore’s Birthday Cake–angel food cake with blueberry curd filling), and I just wanted to say that it turned out fantastic! The curd was really easy to make and super delicious. 🙂

• beantownbaker — September 2nd, 2014 @ 7:16 pm

So glad you enjoyed this curd recipe!

Lisa L. Dean — July 2, 2014 at 8:34 pm

how much would I need to fill a 3 layer cake.. its for my wedding and I am looking for an easy recipe.

• beantownbaker — September 2nd, 2014 @ 7:18 pm

Hope this worked well for you. I used one batch for a triple layer cake.

Diane Welsh — January 27, 2015 at 8:26 pm

I was thinking about making this for a shower cake do you know if it would blueberry curd freezes well?

mystereons41 — April 2, 2015 at 11:51 am

So I’m not sure what I did wrong, but I just made this recipe and it seems something went awry. It didn’t come out very purple, more like a bluish gray, and it doesn’t really taste like blueberries. I used 1 cup of frozen blueberries. Did I use the wrong kind of blueberries maybe?

Cynthia — January 31, 2017 at 3:22 pm

Hello is it possible to can this recipe?