Chocolate and Peanut Butter Pops

Remember those dipped Oreos that I posted last week? Well those aren’t the only pops that I made to celebrate baby B’s arrival.

I made these peanut butter and chocolate pops as well. You really can’t beat the combination of peanut butter and chocolate. And, the Ritz crackers provide a great crunch to these guys. I definitely enjoyed them more than the dipped Oreos, but Hubby prefered the Oreos.

My mom used to make these when I was young only she didn’t put a stick in them. Adding the stick did prove to be a big difficult. I had a few that wanted to slide off the stick as I was dipping them in chocolate. Dipping the stick in chocolate prior to sliding them into the peanut butter seemed to help quite a bit.

Once again, my sister L and mom helped me to write a “B” on each one. Then we put them each in a cellophane bag with some ribbon. As I mentioned last week, my brother and his wife were able to take these treats to work to share their excitement about baby B.

One Year Ago: Rhubarb Rolls
Two Years Ago: Chocolate Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

Print Save

Chocolate Peanut Butter Pops

Ingredients:

Ritz crackers
creamy peanut butter
chocolate for dipping
lollipop sticks

Directions:

Melt a small amount of chocolate in a bowl. Spread a small amount of peanut butter on a Ritz cracker. Dip the tip of a lollipop stick in chocolate and place in peanut butter. Top with another Ritz cracker. Set aside until all crackers are sandwiched together.

Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper. Melt a large amount of chocolate in a bowl. Dip peanut butter pop into melted chocolate. Tap stick on edge of bowl to encourage extra chocolate to drip off. Place on wax paper.

Repeat for all Ritz sandwiches. Once tray is full, place in refrigerator for a few minutes to help the chocolate set up.

9 Responses to “I’ll have S’more”

Elly — March 11, 2008 at 2:50 am

These look SO good. I was actually looking for s’mores _____ because I wanted to bake something with chocolate and marshmallows. These may be just the thing!

Michelle — March 11, 2008 at 2:58 am

These are so cute! Now I’m craving real smores!

slush — March 11, 2008 at 3:02 am

So freakin cute, I love them, so would my boys. Just today, Liam was picking up sticks in the yard and asked if he could start a fire so that he could make smores. I kid you not. He is 5. Where do they get these ideas?

Adorable Jen! Thanks so much!

CB — March 11, 2008 at 3:03 am

I lurve smores! Your mini smore cupcakes are so fabulous. Great job!
    -Clara

Jaime — March 11, 2008 at 4:43 am

yum! what a great idea!

bakingblonde — March 11, 2008 at 11:55 am

That idea is brilliant! Smores is one of my favorite all time treats and who doesn’t love a mini muffin? Wow, what a great idea.

kate — March 12, 2008 at 3:06 pm

WOW. those look completely luscious!
    want some.
    i’m hoping to enter the hero challenge this time, but i can’t quite decide what to make. . .

———–
    kate
    join the cookie carnival!

Erin — March 19, 2008 at 1:42 pm

These are so wrong, but so right! That batch would be seriously unsafe in my house. They’d have to be given away immediately or I’d risk eating every last one and never fitting in my pants again.

Sarah — March 31, 2010 at 8:52 pm

These will be perfect for an upcoming family vacation. We’re not camping, but are renting a house with a fire pit and we usually spend every night out there making s’mores. I can easily make the cupcakes beforehand and then we can roast the marshmallows outside. It will be something cute and different. Thanks for this recipe!!!