Chocolate and Peanut Butter Pops

Remember those dipped Oreos that I posted last week? Well those aren’t the only pops that I made to celebrate baby B’s arrival.

I made these peanut butter and chocolate pops as well. You really can’t beat the combination of peanut butter and chocolate. And, the Ritz crackers provide a great crunch to these guys. I definitely enjoyed them more than the dipped Oreos, but Hubby prefered the Oreos.

My mom used to make these when I was young only she didn’t put a stick in them. Adding the stick did prove to be a big difficult. I had a few that wanted to slide off the stick as I was dipping them in chocolate. Dipping the stick in chocolate prior to sliding them into the peanut butter seemed to help quite a bit.

Once again, my sister L and mom helped me to write a “B” on each one. Then we put them each in a cellophane bag with some ribbon. As I mentioned last week, my brother and his wife were able to take these treats to work to share their excitement about baby B.

One Year Ago: Rhubarb Rolls
Two Years Ago: Chocolate Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

Print Save

Chocolate Peanut Butter Pops

Ingredients:

Ritz crackers
creamy peanut butter
chocolate for dipping
lollipop sticks

Directions:

Melt a small amount of chocolate in a bowl. Spread a small amount of peanut butter on a Ritz cracker. Dip the tip of a lollipop stick in chocolate and place in peanut butter. Top with another Ritz cracker. Set aside until all crackers are sandwiched together.

Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper. Melt a large amount of chocolate in a bowl. Dip peanut butter pop into melted chocolate. Tap stick on edge of bowl to encourage extra chocolate to drip off. Place on wax paper.

Repeat for all Ritz sandwiches. Once tray is full, place in refrigerator for a few minutes to help the chocolate set up.

11 Responses to “Oatmeal Chocolate Cinnamon Cookies”

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — January 24, 2011 at 6:05 pm

These cookies look great! Hope you feel better soon Jen!

Megan — January 24, 2011 at 6:12 pm

These look awesome. I love chocolate and cinnamon together.

Feel better!

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — January 24, 2011 at 6:32 pm

Love oatmeal cookies! Hope you’re feeling better 🙂

Bridget — January 24, 2011 at 6:59 pm

Aw, I didn’t realize you hadn’t gone to the swap! What a bummer. But then at least you didn’t have to share these cookies. 😉

Alicia — January 24, 2011 at 7:30 pm

Yum. I really love the combo of chocolate and cinnamon! Glad they came out well.

Feel better!!

Shannon — January 24, 2011 at 10:40 pm

hope you were able to get some rest and are feeling better! we missed you, but hopefully we’ll have another chance to catch up soon. these look great, and i’ve got some cinnamon chips in my house too 😉

Elizabeth — January 24, 2011 at 10:52 pm

I’m not sure I’ve had chocolate & cinnamon together before but I bet the combination is great! And if it’s in an oatmeal cookie, you can’t really go wrong.

Heather Lynne — January 25, 2011 at 12:33 am

I love cinnamon chips and put them in oatmeal cookies. I never thought of putting them in chocolate chip oatmeal cookies-they look amazing!

Blog is the New Black — January 25, 2011 at 1:22 am

Jenn, these sound awesome, and I have some cinnamon chips to use!

We Are Not Martha — January 25, 2011 at 1:24 am

These look wonderful! I’m sure being stuck in the house with a whole batch of them made you feel a little bit better, right? I love cookies with cinnamon chips in them!

Sues

Elizabeth — January 25, 2011 at 8:50 pm

These look so delicious. Getting sick on important (dessert related!) events is the absolute worst. I think another cookie swap is in your future.