Five Favorite Football Foods

With the Superbowl right around the corner, here are five of my favorite football foods. Be sure to check out all of the Football Food I’ve posted as well.

Cheesy Mushroom Pull Apart Bread – what’s not to love here? Bread + Melty Cheese + Mushrooms + Butter = the perfect Superbowl snack. This bread will disappear in minutes. Guaranteed.

White Chocolate Frito Popcorn – Now this one might sound a little peculiar to some of you, but believe me, it works. The Frito and white chocolate combine to give you salty and sweet all in one bite.

Creamy Red Pepper and Collard Greens Dip – Everyone loves a great dip when it comes to snacking. This one can stand up to any buffalo chicken dip any day.

Cuban Sandwich Sliders – You know those little ham and cheese sliders that EVERYONE loves? Imagine those, but made in to little Cuban sandwiches. There’s pulled pork, ham, Swiss, pickles, and mustard on these sliders.

The Ultimate Whoopie Pies – Cakey chocolate cookies, toasted marshmallow frosting, and salted caramel… these definitely are the Ultimate when it comes to whoopie pies!

9 Responses to “Creamy Red Pepper and Collard Greens Dip”

Ashley — January 25, 2013 at 1:39 pm

This sounds like a tasty dip, and I love that it’s so colorful! I can definitely relate – I’m not into the Superbowl game this year (we recently moved, too, and I prefer college football), but I am ALL about the food!

• beantownbaker — January 25th, 2013 @ 6:12 pm

Were you guys moving during the holidays? We moved into our apartment on 12/21. It was rough… Even when it’s teams that I like, it’s still mostly about the food 🙂

Shannon — January 25, 2013 at 2:29 pm

i do love football food, and i’ve been meaning to try my hand at collard greens 😉

Ashley — January 26, 2013 at 8:08 pm

We didn’t move as recently as you! We made our move in October…and I’m just starting to feel settled. It is rough… Of course, the kitchen was the first room put together!

Lori — January 27, 2013 at 1:40 pm

Approximately how much collard greens do you need? Can you use canned? This sounds terrific…like a soul food dip!

• beantownbaker — January 27th, 2013 @ 4:08 pm

Sorry about that. Missed a key ingredient in the recipe. I updated it now. I used a pound of fresh collard greens. I haven’t tried it with canned. Let me know how it goes if you do.

Megan — January 27, 2013 at 8:40 pm

I’m so not into the Super Bowl this year either, but I can always get behind some football food. I’m still trying to decide what to make for next weekend. This dip sounds so good!

ErinsFoodFiles — January 28, 2013 at 2:22 pm

YUM! I’ve never seen collards in a dip before.

Jade — October 23, 2017 at 12:05 pm

Hey love this recipe. it is actually my daughters FAVORITE MEAL! but i want to know how do i make this into a freezer meal? should i do anything differently? or just make as directed and put them from oven to freezer?