Do you Can?
Canning is one of those things I’ve never really gotten in to. Sure, I’ve dabbled in making jams before, but I’ve never gone through the extra steps to process the cans. I just always make a small enough batch that we use the jam up within a month, so there’s no need to actually preserve the contents of the jar. For whatever reason, it intimidates me. Yeast, caramel, and marshmallows are all kitchen fears that I’ve conquered and I’m here to tell you guys that I plan to conquer my fear of canning.
Lucky for me, Ball reached out to see if I would be interested in participating in their National Can-It-Forward Day on August 17th. It’s like they somehow knew about my determination to get over my fear of canning or something. They sent me a few supplies to host a Canning Party on August 17th with some local friends, and they’ve agreed to do a giveaway so that one of you can try your hands at canning. Even if you’re a seasoned vet, this package will come in very handy for you.
And for everyone who doesn’t win, be sure to check out FreshPreserving.com for tips, recipes, supplies, and everything you need to know about canning.
On the 17th, I will be posting a link to a live webcast of canning demos where viewer questions will be answered real-time. You can also follow along to see who’s joining in the fun with Twitter hashtag #canitforward.
But for now, let’s get to the giveaway details. I’m doing it now so that the winner will have their prize package in time for National Can-It-Forward day and can participate as well. There is a maximum of four entries per person.
Prize Package Includes:
– The Ball Canning Discovery Kit containing a Polypropylene rack with separate, fitted lifter, three 1-pint jars, Illustrated, simplified canning instruction Recipe book
– The Ball Blue Book Guide To Preserving
– One coupon for a free case of Ball brand canning jars
Rules Giveaway Closed:
– Giveaway will close at 11:59PM (EST) on Wednesday, August 7, 2013
– Must be a US resident
– First (required) entry: leave a comment letting me know what your experience level with canning is and if it’s something you’d like to get more in to. If you’re an experienced canner, what’s your favorite thing to can?
– One additional entry allowed if you like my Facebook page (and come back here to leave an additional comment telling me so)
– One additional entry allowed if you like Ball’s Facebook page (and come back here to leave an additional comment telling me so)
– One additional entry allowed if you like Ball on Pinterest (and come back here to leave an additional comment telling me so)
– Random winner will be chosen on August 8 and notified with a reply to your comment. Winner must respond within 24 hours with a valid US mailing address.