30-while-30 8 Month Update
I honestly can’t believe how fast this year is FLYING by. They say time speeds up when you have kids. I can’t even imagine… It’s time again to check in on my 30-while-30 list. I marked a couple things off the list this month!!
Food / Blogging
Brownie Mosaic Cheesecake– Done! I made a holiday version by adding peppermint!
- Eggs Benedict
- Laminated dough (either danishes or croissants)
- Make bread at least 4 times
- Bake at least 4 layer cakes – 1: Neapolitan Cheesecake Cake
- Buy a whole coconut. Open it. Do something (delicious) with it.
- Make at least one thing from each cookbook I own – any cookbooks that don’t get used in a year, donate or giveaway on here – I started making my list of cookbooks. I plan to post it on here shortly.
- Cook with 3 new foods – Being part of a CSA this summer was AMAZING. I’ve definitely already cooked with 3 new foods, including this Summer Shrimp Salad.
- Send birthday cards to my and Hubby’s families (including siblings, parents, nephews, etc) – So far, so good on this one
- Continue to bake for a good cause – I was able to participate in an online bake sale on The Spiffy Cookie, I hosted a Holiday Cookie Swap where $0.10 was donated to Cookies for Kids Cancer for every cookie exchanged, I donated cookies for an online bake sale on The Kitchen Misfit
Go see my sister’s new house– Done! We got to see Brooke’s house while we were in the Midwest for Thanksgiving Go on a girls weekend getaway– Done! I spent a weekend in St Louis with my mom and two sisters in July. It was a great time.
- Volunteer 4 times
- Get another tattoo – I have been working on a design for this one!
Pay off my car– Done!
- Decide on a signature / go-to cocktail – I’m working very hard on trying new cocktails to make this decision… I have a good idea but I want to master making it at home first…
- Watch a sunrise
Read 4 books– 1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows 2. Water for Elephants 3. The Hunger Games 4. Catching Fire 5. Mockingjay
Walk another Avon Walk for Breast Cancer– Done! Recap here
- Continue to work out on a regular basis – I’ve been a working out machine recently. It’s been awesome.
- Treat myself to 6 massages – five down, 1 to go
- Get my first facial
Travel and Life in Boston
Go to the Head of the Charles– This one didn’t happen. It was really sad. The Head of the Charles weekend was beautiful. Hubby and I were getting ready to head out to walk over to see the races and I started feeling sick. It was a combination of allergies and something else. I tried to stay strong and power through it, but about a mile into our walk, we had to turn back. I had a horrible fever and just wasn’t doing so well. Hopefully we’ll make it to the HOTC next year…
- Visit the New England Aquarium
- See the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum
Go to Top of the Hub for cocktails– I went to Top of the Hub on Sunday with some friends for cocktails. It was a beautifully clear (and cold!) day and we had great views of Boston. We had great service while we were there. One of my friends ordered a martini that was poured tableside. They left her the shaker to top off the rest of her drink. When she poured the rest of her martini in the glass, there was a tiny little bug in there. We informed the waitress and she took the glass away. My friend didn’t want another drink so we were just hoping they would take her martini off the bill. When the waitress returned she said they comped our entire bill, which was totally unnecessary! The manager even came over to apologize about the drink. We were all very impressed by that service. I’ll definitely be going back here with Hubby some time. Visit 3 new cities– 1: St Louis, 2: Niagara Falls 3: Keene, NH 4: Exeter, NH
- Post more how-to tips (including videos) on here (thanks to Mary and Sarah for the suggestion!) – Check out my new How-To tag. I’ve posted a few how-to posts this month already!