How to Dice a Peeled Peach

Now that everyone knows how easy it is to take that extra step to peel your peaches, let’s talk about dicing them. I know it sounds silly, but honestly, those peeled peaches are going to be slippery! It’s easy to cut yourself when dealing with slippery peaches, so I decided to show you all how I do it.

To dice your peeled peach, you are just going to need your peeled peaches, a paring knife, and a bowl to collect your peach pieces.

First, cut vertical lines down the peach across only half of the peach. Make them as close or far apart as you want depending on the size of the dice that you want as an outcome.

Once half the peach has been sliced vertically, rotate the peach in your hand and cut across those cuts.

At this point some of the pieces will naturally come loose from the pit.

Holding the peach over your bowl, use your thumb to push the peach pieces off the pit.

Special shout-out to Hubby for taking these photos while I was dicing my peaches!

One Year Ago: Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars and Homemade Fig Newtons
Two Years Ago: Fish Tacos and Best Dang Thing Ever Bars

12 Responses to “Homemade “Instant” Pancake Mix and Blueberry Pancakes”

Sara — April 2, 2010 at 4:20 pm

These pancakes look perfect! I don’t make pancakes that often, but this mix would be an easy throw together to keep in the freezer. Yum!

Amy Kingman — April 2, 2010 at 4:28 pm

Great idea to freeze the mix. I have been making our pancake batter from scratch for a while now, and it’s nearly impossible to go back to the boxed stuff! They just taste flavorless and cardboard-y. I had been reluctant to make mix ahead of time because I didn’t want it to go bad. Thanks for the idea!

Lauren — April 2, 2010 at 5:15 pm

What a great idea to have a homemade pancake mix on hand!

Nancy — April 2, 2010 at 5:22 pm

A good substitute for buttermilk – since most of us don’t keep it on hand, but do have milk in the fridge:

1 TBS white vinegar with enough milk added to make 1 cup. Allowed to sit for at least ten minutes, this mixture will clot up and mimic buttermilk sufficiently for most recipes.

Memória — April 2, 2010 at 9:44 pm

Those pancakes look amazing!! Oh my goodness.

i think it is a great idea about freezing milk, too. I buy whole milk for baking only so I need to do that.

SimplySweeter — April 2, 2010 at 9:54 pm

Wow. Those look so good I might have to whip some up…..like…NOW.

Jen — April 2, 2010 at 10:28 pm

You can also use lemon juice instead of vinegar in the substitute for buttermilk provided by Nancy.

One thing to note about this recipe though. Not only is the buttermilk needed for the chemical reaction, but it also provides a great flavor to the pancakes that I don’t think you get from using the substitute. Also, buttermilk will keep for a very long time in the fridge since it’s acidic.

AB mentioned in his cookbook that there are only four thinks he will not make without buttermilk: cornbread, biscuits, waffles, and pancakes. I tend to agree with him.

Kelly — April 3, 2010 at 1:24 am

What a great idea to make your own pancake mix and then when you want quick pancakes, you can have a healthy mix 🙂

Kerstin — April 3, 2010 at 3:33 am

Mmm, these look way better than a mix! Great tip to store the mix in the freezer too!

Sugar Bananas — April 6, 2010 at 1:04 am

Yum! I love blueberry ‘anything’. Alton Brown recipes are always winners. If you’re looking for an even healthier pancake recipe, check out my ‘fluffy whole wheat pancakes’ on my blog. I mix batches of the dry ingredients and keep them in the freezer. Thanks for posting – I’m off to buy some blueberries! Oh, and I’m a new follower 🙂

Memória — April 9, 2010 at 8:20 am

These pancakes look amazing!! Bookmarked!

Ashley — July 7, 2010 at 4:04 pm

Hey Jen I am eating these pancakes at this very moment. They are so fluffy and filling! May I borrow this recipe for my blog and link it back to you??