How to Dice a Peeled Peach

Now that everyone knows how easy it is to take that extra step to peel your peaches, let’s talk about dicing them. I know it sounds silly, but honestly, those peeled peaches are going to be slippery! It’s easy to cut yourself when dealing with slippery peaches, so I decided to show you all how I do it.

To dice your peeled peach, you are just going to need your peeled peaches, a paring knife, and a bowl to collect your peach pieces.

First, cut vertical lines down the peach across only half of the peach. Make them as close or far apart as you want depending on the size of the dice that you want as an outcome.

Once half the peach has been sliced vertically, rotate the peach in your hand and cut across those cuts.

At this point some of the pieces will naturally come loose from the pit.

Holding the peach over your bowl, use your thumb to push the peach pieces off the pit.

Special shout-out to Hubby for taking these photos while I was dicing my peaches!

One Year Ago: Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars and Homemade Fig Newtons
Two Years Ago: Fish Tacos and Best Dang Thing Ever Bars

12 Responses to “Goat Cheese Cake with Peach and Blueberry Topping”

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — September 1, 2010 at 1:51 pm

I’m like you and totally try out recipes based on photos! I think goat cheese and fruit are always a perfect combo. The goat cheesecake sounds intriguing!

Lauren — September 1, 2010 at 5:14 pm

Looks and sounds amazing! I’m totally with you about photos of food – they are typically what tempt me to make a recipe.

Amanda — September 1, 2010 at 5:36 pm

This cake looks DELICIOUS!

I’d never heard of using goat cheese in a cheesecake, but I’m intrigued.

I, too, much prefer pictures. Sometimes you just don’t put the ingredients together in your head the right way and it comes out looking totally different than you expected. I also flip through the book faster and I tend to not find recipes unless there are pics!

Beeb — September 1, 2010 at 8:10 pm

i think trying something new without any idea what it should look like it rough. i love pictures but most cookbooks dont seem to have enough. i think thats why i love this blog so much, you take TONS! 🙂

i am very intrigued by this recipe. but i dont eat blueberries or peaches. is it good by itself? or is the fruit greatly needed??

Jen — September 1, 2010 at 8:48 pm

Beeb – It’s similar to any other cheesecake. It was good on it’s own, but the fruit really enhanced the flavor. Are there other fruits you like that you could top it with? Strawberries and blueberries would be great!

We Are Not Martha — September 1, 2010 at 11:31 pm

Oh yum! I totally want to try this. I love goat cheese (and fruit) and bet this would make an amazing cake!

I like photos too, but sometimes I get a little too into them. Like the other night when I forgot to add raisins to my cinnamon raisin bread because they weren’t in the photo 🙂

Sues

Elina — September 2, 2010 at 3:40 pm

I definitely prefer recipes with pictures but if a description is really good (or intriguing) or if an author points it out as a favorite… or lastly if it’s a source I trust, I go for it. With that said, I’m glad you made it and posted pictures. This cake looks (and sounds) absolutely fantastic!!!

flavourfulbounty — September 3, 2010 at 4:21 pm

This looks really good. I agree that sometimes I eat with my eyes. I love photos, but not the ones that look almost fake since they are so perfect. That’s why I love food blogs – usually it is just the food as it will be served.

I cook from a lot of different sources, and will try recipes that are appealing without any pics either. Sometimes it is more difficult when I am completely unfamiliar with the dish, though.

Ingrid — September 4, 2010 at 2:47 am

Photos! I love yours…the “cake” looks so pretty with it’s white lip and fruit piled high.
    ~ingrid

Cara — September 4, 2010 at 1:43 pm

Sounds wonderful. I can see how it would be more of a “cheesecake” than a “cheese cake” because there’s such a small amount of flour. As we move into fall, I bet it would be delicious with a topping of figs sauteed with honey… mmm… honey figs and goat cheese!

Shannon — September 15, 2010 at 1:45 am

LOVE goat cheese cheesecake 🙂 peaches and blueberries seem like another good topper (i recently made one with figs and raspberries!)

Jay — February 21, 2011 at 10:42 pm

i really have to bake that cake for my boyfriend who has a milk intolerance. thank you for posting this many recipes with goat cheese 🙂
    best wishes, jay, my blog: artandloveandme.blogspot.com