Fish Tacos

I have a confession about fish tacos. Hubby and I always snicker when we see them on a menu at a restaurant or hear someone order them. It’s just funny. Of course neither of us had ever tried fish tacos, so it was somewhat hypocritical (I always say “don’t hate it ’til you try it”), but we were hatin on fish tacos.

Then one night we tried them. And boy were they good. In the 6 weeks since that night, I think we’ve had fish tacos at least 6 times. We both really enjoyed the fish taco. In fact a small place near our house just opened up that only sells fish tacos. And we’ve been making them at home. This was our first attempt. We used salmon and just threw in some toppings we had around the house. And they were awesome.

So I have a question readers, is there something that you thought you’d never like and then you tried it and loved it?

Fish TacosRub some fish with taco seasoning (recipe here) and cook it. We cooked our salmon on our griddle.

Serve fish with taco fixins. We used sprouts (unconventional, but we love sprouts), chopped tomato, and guacamole.

Enjoy!

8 Responses to “Salmon Burgers”

Cara — August 16, 2010 at 12:43 pm

I love fun new burger recipes, can’t wait to see what else is in the line up. This recipe is intriguing. I’m really curious about the use of smoked salmon along with regular salmon. Too bad I had a whole bunch of smoked salmon this weekend for a party, and there is none leftover – otherwise I would definitely be trying this this week!

cozydelicious — August 16, 2010 at 1:42 pm

I love the combo with the smoked salmon – so much flavor! And these look really moist too. I’ll have to give them a shot! Yum!

Evan B — August 16, 2010 at 1:56 pm

We do salmon burgers with the canned salmon when we want a quick and delicious meal! I also always add some chopped peppers into the patty.. delicious! Can’t wait to see what you come up with next!

Elina — August 16, 2010 at 2:54 pm

Sold! I love salmon burgers and I love smoked salmon. I am sure they will be great combined! 🙂

mrsdanigirl8 — August 16, 2010 at 3:18 pm

I’ve been looking for a good salmon burger recipe. This sounds divine!

Lauren — August 16, 2010 at 5:20 pm

Oooh I’m looking forward to a week of burger recipes, and this salmon one sounds fantastic! I like the idea of using both fresh and smoked varieties. Yum!

Justin — August 16, 2010 at 5:39 pm

i think i have to add salmon burgers to my list of things to try

Shannon — August 18, 2010 at 7:42 pm

my my, i just got back from alaska, where i purchsed some smoked salmon to bring back 🙂 definitely trying this one!!!