Fish Tacos

I have a confession about fish tacos. Hubby and I always snicker when we see them on a menu at a restaurant or hear someone order them. It’s just funny. Of course neither of us had ever tried fish tacos, so it was somewhat hypocritical (I always say “don’t hate it ’til you try it”), but we were hatin on fish tacos.

Then one night we tried them. And boy were they good. In the 6 weeks since that night, I think we’ve had fish tacos at least 6 times. We both really enjoyed the fish taco. In fact a small place near our house just opened up that only sells fish tacos. And we’ve been making them at home. This was our first attempt. We used salmon and just threw in some toppings we had around the house. And they were awesome.

So I have a question readers, is there something that you thought you’d never like and then you tried it and loved it?

Fish TacosRub some fish with taco seasoning (recipe here) and cook it. We cooked our salmon on our griddle.

Serve fish with taco fixins. We used sprouts (unconventional, but we love sprouts), chopped tomato, and guacamole.

Enjoy!

11 Responses to “Massaged Kale Salad”

Lauren — August 30, 2010 at 11:23 am

I’m so glad you posted this! Aarti’s kale salad is on my list of dishes to make, and it’s good to know that you guys enjoyed it.

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — August 30, 2010 at 12:49 pm

I saw this on the first episode of Aarti Party and it looked so good to me! Kale is something I’ve also never worked with in our kitchen so I definitely want to give this recipe a try!

Josie — August 30, 2010 at 1:20 pm

I love kale, and I was intrigued by this as well – I really want to try it now! Great picture!

Lauren — August 30, 2010 at 2:12 pm

I picked up all of the ingredients this morning to make the salad, and it is now sitting in my fridge waiting to be devoured for lunch. It’s GREAT! Who knew raw kale could be so good?!

Lizzy — August 30, 2010 at 3:54 pm

Kale is one of my favorite foods but I haven’t had it raw yet. I am bookmarking this!

Kate — August 30, 2010 at 4:00 pm

Wow sounds interesting! I’m very curious to try it myself. I love kale.

Christine — August 30, 2010 at 9:48 pm

I saw this on Aarti Party too – looks good – glad you tried it!

We Are Not Martha — August 31, 2010 at 1:51 am

I love kale and am on a new-found mango kick, so I’m sure this is absolutely wonderful 🙂

Sues

Sherry G — August 31, 2010 at 3:33 pm

I don’t know if I could get anyone in my family to try this, but it looks so interesting! I have never tried kale, but I would like to!

Cara — August 31, 2010 at 5:09 pm

I made a massaged kale salad once but it was just “eh”. I don’t think I massaged enough. But I might have to try it again, and do it the right way, since you both loved it!

Elina — September 2, 2010 at 6:48 pm

I LOVE massaged kale – love, love, love it. It tastes completely different than “regular” – not as “green” if that makes sense. 🙂
    I also love the next food network star. I should check out Aarti’s show since this recipe sounds like it’s right up my alley. 🙂