Herbed Goat Cheese Stuffed Strawberries

Sometimes the most simple dishes are the most impressive. These strawberries are so simple to put together and everyone loves them! The combination of goat cheese and strawberries is surprisingly amazing.

I hosted a little get together recently and added these strawberries to the menu. I went for the super simple approach and just used the herbed goat cheese you can buy from the store instead of mixing in my own herbs.

I also cut off the tips of the strawberries so they’d stand up. I saw someone do that for cheesecake stuffed strawberries and loved the idea.

One Year Ago: Homemade Chicken Broth and Veggie Chicken Soup in the Crockpot and PB&J Omelet
Two Years Ago: Mounds Cupcakes and Crockpot French Dip Sandwich

Print Save

Herbed Goat Cheese Stuffed Strawberries

Ingredients:

1 pt. fresh strawberries
4 oz herbed goat cheese
2 Tbsp cream (or milk)
1/2 tsp grated lemon zest
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Wash and hull strawberries. Cut off a tiny portion of the tip of the strawberry so that they can stand up.

In a small bowl, combine goat cheese, lemon zest, and just enough cream to make the goat cheese creamy. Salt and pepper to taste. Allow the cheese to come to room temperature.

Using a piping bag, pipe the goat cheese into the center of the berries. Alternatively, you can use a spoon to stuff the berries.

Serve at room temperature.

Recipe adapted from The Small Boston Kitchen

9 Responses to “Lemon Bars”

teresacooks — March 26, 2010 at 12:09 pm

Everytime I make anything out of this book I screw up a step. I’m starting to blame the book – maybe it has too many steps? I’ve had it for years, and I don’t mess up other recipes. But with this book. . . everytime I look at the recipe while whatever I’ve made is in the oven I go “oh no.”
    Let us know what else you cook and like out of the book. Love your blog.

SimplySweeter — March 26, 2010 at 12:50 pm

These look so DELICIOUS! My mouth is watering!! Thank you!!

http://www. simplysweeter.blogspot.com

yumventures — March 26, 2010 at 1:03 pm

These are my favorite type of bars! And I agree, I could eat lemon curd all day!

I also often don’t have the right size pan for a recipe, I guess I need to stock up 🙂

We Are Not Martha — March 26, 2010 at 3:46 pm

I love lemon bars and yours look absolutely delightful! I’m a huge fan of the entire Cook’s Illustrated brand and have been meaning to pick that book up for a while!

Sues

Memória — March 26, 2010 at 5:53 pm

You’re so lucky to have won that cookbook!! If I would have known about that giveaway, I would have signed up for sure. I’ve been coveting that book for a long time.

These lemon bars look so yummy!!! I love lemon bars. I really enjoyed this bar series! Thank you.

Kelly — March 27, 2010 at 12:54 am

Oh you saved the best for last with lemon bars, yum!

You are so right about spring teasing us. Very annoying!

birdutmasali — March 27, 2010 at 5:42 pm

I lıke lemon bars !!

wonderfull lemon bars

happy weekens.

Ali — March 31, 2010 at 6:26 pm

I’ve been in a lemony mood as of late. This helps take some of the edge off.

nutmegnanny — April 5, 2010 at 11:28 pm

What delicious bars! I’m so glad you like the book. Now I need to own it…haha.