Herbed Goat Cheese Stuffed Strawberries

Sometimes the most simple dishes are the most impressive. These strawberries are so simple to put together and everyone loves them! The combination of goat cheese and strawberries is surprisingly amazing.

I hosted a little get together recently and added these strawberries to the menu. I went for the super simple approach and just used the herbed goat cheese you can buy from the store instead of mixing in my own herbs.

I also cut off the tips of the strawberries so they’d stand up. I saw someone do that for cheesecake stuffed strawberries and loved the idea.

One Year Ago: Homemade Chicken Broth and Veggie Chicken Soup in the Crockpot and PB&J Omelet
Two Years Ago: Mounds Cupcakes and Crockpot French Dip Sandwich

Print Save

Herbed Goat Cheese Stuffed Strawberries

Ingredients:

1 pt. fresh strawberries
4 oz herbed goat cheese
2 Tbsp cream (or milk)
1/2 tsp grated lemon zest
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Wash and hull strawberries. Cut off a tiny portion of the tip of the strawberry so that they can stand up.

In a small bowl, combine goat cheese, lemon zest, and just enough cream to make the goat cheese creamy. Salt and pepper to taste. Allow the cheese to come to room temperature.

Using a piping bag, pipe the goat cheese into the center of the berries. Alternatively, you can use a spoon to stuff the berries.

Serve at room temperature.

Recipe adapted from The Small Boston Kitchen

10 Responses to “Strawberry Rhubarb Pie”

Lauren — June 29, 2010 at 11:40 am

Fantastic job with the lattice top! The pie looks awesome :).

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy — June 29, 2010 at 1:25 pm

It does look really pretty. I’ve never had the patience to do a lattice top. It sounds delicious!

Sherry G — June 29, 2010 at 2:59 pm

I’m furious with myself for still never having a rhubarb pie! This is truly a good looking pie; very rustic and pretty!

bcallegra — June 30, 2010 at 1:43 am

Truly a work of art! I’m kind of intimidated by pies so I’m in awe of your pie making skills. That pie looks like it’s ready for a magazine cover! 🙂

nutmegnanny — June 30, 2010 at 5:40 pm

Strawberry rhubarb pie is one of my favorites 🙂

Jen — July 3, 2010 at 1:21 am

Thanks for sharing this recipe. Mine is in the oven as I type. Hopefully, it comes out half as good as yours!

Jenni @ Project Cookie 365 — July 3, 2010 at 3:05 pm

I just have to thank you for this recipe!! It’s the first time I’ve made a pie that wasn’t all runny when cut. I was so happy to have pieces that stayed intact!!
    Also, I didn’t need the foil at any point – the crust didn’t overbrown, it was just perfect.
    I’ll be using this again and again!

Victoria — March 30, 2011 at 6:39 pm

can i omit rhubarb and just put strawberries? will it make a difference?

beantownbaker — March 31, 2011 at 12:04 pm

I haven’t tried using this recipe with just strawberries. You might want to cut back on some of the sugar. Rhubarb is very tart, so you always have to put a lot of sugar into rhubarb recipes.

Brian — February 6, 2018 at 7:51 am

ahh, i can already hear the crunchy sound in my mouth!