Herbed Goat Cheese Stuffed Strawberries

Sometimes the most simple dishes are the most impressive. These strawberries are so simple to put together and everyone loves them! The combination of goat cheese and strawberries is surprisingly amazing.

I hosted a little get together recently and added these strawberries to the menu. I went for the super simple approach and just used the herbed goat cheese you can buy from the store instead of mixing in my own herbs.

I also cut off the tips of the strawberries so they’d stand up. I saw someone do that for cheesecake stuffed strawberries and loved the idea.

One Year Ago: Homemade Chicken Broth and Veggie Chicken Soup in the Crockpot and PB&J Omelet
Two Years Ago: Mounds Cupcakes and Crockpot French Dip Sandwich

Print Save

Herbed Goat Cheese Stuffed Strawberries

Ingredients:

1 pt. fresh strawberries
4 oz herbed goat cheese
2 Tbsp cream (or milk)
1/2 tsp grated lemon zest
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Wash and hull strawberries. Cut off a tiny portion of the tip of the strawberry so that they can stand up.

In a small bowl, combine goat cheese, lemon zest, and just enough cream to make the goat cheese creamy. Salt and pepper to taste. Allow the cheese to come to room temperature.

Using a piping bag, pipe the goat cheese into the center of the berries. Alternatively, you can use a spoon to stuff the berries.

Serve at room temperature.

Recipe adapted from The Small Boston Kitchen

11 Responses to “White Chocolate Cranberry Mousse”

theblogisthenewblack — October 27, 2010 at 11:44 am

Love any type of mousse- esp if it’s pink!

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy — October 27, 2010 at 12:25 pm

Love the pink! So cute and it looks and sounds delicous! Thanks!

Boston Food Diary — October 27, 2010 at 2:10 pm

This looks so wonderful! I never would have thought of cranberries and white chocolate together- you are so right-what a great option for Thanksgiving!

Cupcake Activist — October 27, 2010 at 3:47 pm

Great idea! I am always in charge of dessert for Thanksgiving and this would be perfect to add to the line-up.

Megan — October 27, 2010 at 5:17 pm

I know you said lighter dessert idea, but I’m picturing a cranberry mousse tart with dark chocolate drizzled on top!

Rachel @ The Avid Appetite — October 27, 2010 at 8:31 pm

This looks delicious! Also, can I ask…what kind of backdrop do you shoot your photos on? It is so clean and really highlights the food at hand!

Jen — October 27, 2010 at 8:42 pm

Rachel – For the majority of my photographs, I use 12″x12″ scrapbooking pages. I have a bg folder with all my pages in them. I have been using a lot of solid colors recently. I have to admit I love how the blue background really makes the pink mousse pop in these pics!

The Small Boston Kitchen — October 27, 2010 at 9:40 pm

Lovin’ the cranberryness here!

Nutmeg Nanny — October 28, 2010 at 3:17 am

Love the pinkness and love the recipe!

oneordinaryday — October 31, 2010 at 11:51 am

This sounds delicious, and I love how that beautiful pink color just pops. Definitely going on my menu!!

Eliana — November 1, 2010 at 3:45 pm

This mousse looks divine! I could not be trusted around it.