Roasted Broccoli

More roasted veggies? But of course! Hubby and I have been roasting anything and everything under the sun. Tossing veggies with some olive oil, salt, and pepper then cooking them at a high heat just brings out so much flavor, it’s really delicious.

Roasting broccoli has been a favorite recently since this veggie cooks quicker than some other veggies (brussels sprouts – I’m talking to you). See those dark edges on the little flowerettes of broccoli? Those are my favorite part!

Hubby likes some grated parmesan on his broccoli but I keep mine naked. Wouldn’t have it any other way.

Print Save

Roasted Broccoli

Yield: 2-4

Ingredients:

1 bundle broccoli crowns
1 Tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil to avoid a mess.

Drizzle the olive oil over broccoli. Use your hand to stir it up so all the broccoli gets coated. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss again to disperse seasoning.

Roast in oven for 20 minutes, stirring once in the middle. Serve hot or at room temperature.

11 Responses to “Lime Cilantro Sweet Potatoes with Black Beans”

Lauren — November 5, 2010 at 11:54 am

This dish sounds great! I love sweet potatoes and black beans together, and the cilantro and lime sound like the perfect flavor additions.

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — November 5, 2010 at 2:08 pm

My fiance isn’t the biggest fan of beans so I try to “sneak” them into dishes and this looks a great recipe to try out!

Eliana — November 5, 2010 at 6:16 pm

I absolutely adore sweet potatoes but wud have never thought of flavoring them with cilantro and lime. This sounds like it would turn out super delicious.

Kerstin — November 6, 2010 at 5:42 pm

We always have black beans in the house too and they are just perfect with sweet potatoes too – yum!

becksterslaboratory — November 7, 2010 at 12:37 am

Oh dear, I never thought of pairing these 4 fave flavors together. Amazing : )

Nutmeg Nanny — November 7, 2010 at 6:01 pm

Yum! I love black beans and I also love that they are super good for you. I think this would be an awesome quick weeknight dinner!

tobias cooks! — November 8, 2010 at 5:48 pm

perfect combo of tastes. I would love to try this one.

Boston Food Diary — November 9, 2010 at 2:35 pm

Mmmm what a refreshing twist on sweet potatoes! These sound hearty and delicious!

Carrie — November 11, 2010 at 7:01 pm

What a great recipe and beautiful photo. Black beans and sweet potatoes (and cilantro, for that matter!) are a couple of my favorite foods, so I know that I’d love this!

lacasitainspirada — November 14, 2010 at 6:20 pm

Yum! I love black beans in salads. This sounds great!
    And great pictures, too!

robinakagoatmom — February 28, 2015 at 7:18 pm

Made a half recipe and loved it hot or cold! Took to a work pot luck and a hit with everyone. Thanks for another great recipe.