More cheeses I can eat!!

Being lactose intolerant has been a tough adjustment for me. Ice cream is the one thing I miss most. I used to eat ice cream on a regular basis including all the crazy flavors. Another food that I miss is cheese. Things like mac & cheese or grilled cheese sandwiches are GREAT but just not for me anymore 🙁

I was browsing Trader Joe’s the other day when I cam across two varieties of sheep milk cheese. I’ve been eating goat cheese in almost everything since it doesn’t have lactose in it, but I was so excited to find two more cheeses that I can eat!!

I got so excited about the cheese that I came home and made grilled cheese sandwiches. They were delicious. The sheep’s milk Gouda is so good. I highly recommend checking them out.

9 Responses to “Bacon wrapped, Goat cheese and almond stuffed Dates”

Joelen — August 1, 2008 at 8:28 pm

Now I think bacon wrapped dates are amazing… but stuffed with goat cheese & almond?! Yum! I wish I knew of this before my Tapas party last weekend 🙂

Nate — August 21, 2008 at 8:06 pm

These are absolutely amazing!

ttfn300 — August 27, 2008 at 2:53 pm

wow sooooo good, recently had something like these (maybe minus the goat cheese?) at a reception. but i love goat cheese. need to buy me some dates 🙂

gaga — December 17, 2008 at 5:39 pm

Yay for goat cheese! It really does make them better, doesn’t it?

aleta meadowlark — March 17, 2009 at 2:24 pm

Okay, so I had these babies at a party in rural Massachusetts this weekend, and I have no idea who made them (they were part of a HUGE spread and like 100 people brought food), and I’m wondering, given your proximity, whether or not I may have possibly eaten your delights unknowingly?

Jen — March 17, 2009 at 3:36 pm

Aleta – it was not me, although it sounds like a great party. These always get gobbled up anywhere we take them!

biz319 — July 30, 2009 at 5:16 pm

do you think these would be good at room temperature?

I am going to an outdoor concert next week and wanted to bring some finger food!

Jen — July 30, 2009 at 5:19 pm

These are awesome at room temperature. We’ve made them a ton. You can make them and refrigerate for a couple days before grilling/broiling, you can also go ahead and cook them just leave them at room temperature. I prefer them at room temperature actually.

Beryl — December 2, 2015 at 5:42 pm

Would you imagine using some milder-tasting cheese like Brie tasting good?