Roasted Asparagus

It’s almost embarassing to call this a recipe, but I wanted to post about this roasted asparagus because it’s SO easy and delicious. Hubby and I always prepare vegetables with our dinner and asparagus is one of our favs (along with brussels sprouts). 99 times out of 100 when we have asparagus we roast it.

As you all know, Hubby LOVES garlic. So we usually throw some in with the asparagus. But tonight I was making it for just me, so I left the garlic out. Either way it’s delicious and you can throw the asparagus in the oven and forget about it while you prepare the rest of your meal.

One Year Ago: Dairy Free Chocolate Strawberry and Vanilla Ice Cream Cupcakes
Two Years Ago: Spinach and Artichoke Pizza

Print Save

Roasted Asparagus

Yield: 2-4

Ingredients:

1 bundle asparagus - look for fatter stalks
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, sliced (optional)
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil to avoid a mess.

Prepare asparagus by holding a piece with both hands, one hand on each end. Bend until the asparagus snaps. The bottom part should be discarded. Snap asparagus in half again, or leave stalks long and place on baking sheet. Repeat until all asparagus in on the sheet.

Drizzle the olive oil over asparagus. Use your hand to stir it up so all the asparagus gets coated. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add garlic if using.

Roast in oven for 15 minutes, stirring once in the middle. Serve hot or at room temperature.

7 Responses to “Two Potato Chowder”

Jen — February 17, 2010 at 3:11 pm

Oh can’t wait to try this. Thanks for the recipe.

oneordinaryday — February 17, 2010 at 11:51 pm

I like the idea of adding sweet potatoes! It looks very comforting and hearty for a cold winter day.

I’m passing a blog award onto you. Please check out my post. : )

~Michelle

Joanne — February 18, 2010 at 12:50 am

I love that this chowder has sweet potatoes in it! That alone ramps it up to a need-to-try-immediately status.

Catherine — February 18, 2010 at 2:48 pm

I made it last night! I didn’t have chicken stock, so I used beef stock – still good. The dash of cayenne is great and I loved that it has sweet potatoes! Brought the leftovers for lunch today 🙂 Yummy!

nutmegnanny — February 19, 2010 at 1:56 pm

I have never had potato soup with sweet potatoes. It looks awesome! The bacon and cheese on top is definitely a necessity 🙂

Nancy — March 5, 2010 at 1:54 pm

Great chowder. I loved the creaminess of it. I added chopped carrots to it, they were a nice addition. I served it vegetarian style, without the bacon on top, and it was still yummy.n

Kel — March 7, 2010 at 1:14 am

I made this for dinner tonight. The sweet potato is a great addition!