White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Bars

I’ve got a great bar recipe that is sure to please anyone! I think everyone enjoys the white chocolate and macadamia nut combination. It’s almost as great as peanut butter and chocolate.

I made these to send to Jesse for Round 17 of Operation Baking Gals. One of his favorite cookies is a white chocolate and macadamia nut cookies. I wanted to take that flavor combo and make it in a bar format since I was short on time.

I hit the internet and found this recipe. It’s great. I like to sprinkle the mixins on top of the bars because it adds some texture and really makes the flavor of the mixins pop. I think I’ll be doing it from now on for any brownies or bars that have mixins.

Check out my entire week of bars and brownies here.

Print Save

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Bars

Yield: ~48

3/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts, divided
1 cup white chocolate chips, divided
1 tsp shortening

Heat oven to 375. Grease rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches. Heat butter and brown sugar in 3-quart saucepan over low heat about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until butter is melted; remove from heat.

Beat vanilla and eggs into sugar mixture with electric mixer on medium speed. Beat in flour and baking powder on low speed. Stir in half of the nuts and white chocolate chips. Pour into pan. Sprinkle with remaining nuts and white chocolate chips.

Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until top is golden brown and center is set. Cool about 30 minutes. Cool before cutting.

Recipe adapted from Betty Crocker

9 Responses to “I’ll have S’more”

Elly — March 11, 2008 at 2:50 am

These look SO good. I was actually looking for s’mores _____ because I wanted to bake something with chocolate and marshmallows. These may be just the thing!

Michelle — March 11, 2008 at 2:58 am

These are so cute! Now I’m craving real smores!

slush — March 11, 2008 at 3:02 am

So freakin cute, I love them, so would my boys. Just today, Liam was picking up sticks in the yard and asked if he could start a fire so that he could make smores. I kid you not. He is 5. Where do they get these ideas?

Adorable Jen! Thanks so much!

CB — March 11, 2008 at 3:03 am

I lurve smores! Your mini smore cupcakes are so fabulous. Great job!

Jaime — March 11, 2008 at 4:43 am

yum! what a great idea!

bakingblonde — March 11, 2008 at 11:55 am

That idea is brilliant! Smores is one of my favorite all time treats and who doesn’t love a mini muffin? Wow, what a great idea.

kate — March 12, 2008 at 3:06 pm

WOW. those look completely luscious!
    want some.
    i’m hoping to enter the hero challenge this time, but i can’t quite decide what to make. . .

join the cookie carnival!

Erin — March 19, 2008 at 1:42 pm

These are so wrong, but so right! That batch would be seriously unsafe in my house. They’d have to be given away immediately or I’d risk eating every last one and never fitting in my pants again.

Sarah — March 31, 2010 at 8:52 pm

These will be perfect for an upcoming family vacation. We’re not camping, but are renting a house with a fire pit and we usually spend every night out there making s’mores. I can easily make the cupcakes beforehand and then we can roast the marshmallows outside. It will be something cute and different. Thanks for this recipe!!!