Operation Baking Gals Round 17 Roundup

I wanted to take a minute to thank everyone who participated in Team Beantown Baker for Operation Baking Gals Round 17. We had 20 (woohoo a full team!) team members sending care packages to Jesse who is stationed in Afghanistan. Jesse should be getting all of his packages later this month. Thanks again everyone who helped make Jesse’s day a bit brighter.

I asked the members of my team to send me any pictures or links to blog updates about their packages. I love seeing all the hard work people have put in to help make a stranger’s day. Here are some of the things that Jesse will be receiving from our team.

Diane sent about 7 dozen cookies, a combination of peanut butter cookies with vanilla chips and macadamia nuts, orange cookies with vanilla chips and chocolate truffle cookies.

Anuzie sent about 3-4 dozen white chocolate chip macadamia nut cookies, 3-4 dozen regular chocolate chip cookies, and 1 box Fiber One granola bars.

Kelly sent some puppy chow, homemade caramel corn with M&Ms, peanut butter blondies, Thin Mints, licorice, and some hot chocolate

Kristy sent ranch snack mix and two dozen inside out chocolate chip cookies.

Julie of The Sporadic Cook sent Ranger Cookies and Magic Cookie Bars

Rebecca sent oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, Rice Krispies treats, muddy buddies, and homemade hot chocolate mix.

Michelle sent 2 dozen chocolate chip cookies, 2 dozen white chocolate macadamia nut cookies, and some combos.

Lisa sent chocolate chocolate chip muffins, pistacio bread, fixings for smores, and assorted granola bars.

Tera sent Blarney Stone Cookie with peanuts, Chocolate cookies with peanut butter chips, beef jerky, Granola Nut clusters, Trail Mix, Assorted candy, Magazines, Teddy grahams, Peach applesauce, Oatmeal to go bars, and Assorted 100 calorie pack snacks.

Susan of Design Bake Share sent mini chocolate chip shortbread, brownies and banana bread.

Sandra sent 2 dozen cookie-brownies, 4 dozen peanut butter cookies, 2 dozen chocolate chip cookies, as well as some gum, chocolate, and gummy candies.

Lauren of Baking Away sent peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, chocolate chip cookies, double chocolate brownies, and some candy.

Carly sent Thayer bars, chocolate chip cookies (The Chewy – aka my fav chocolate chip recipe!), some hot chocolate mix, mini marshmallows, and Oreos.

I always try to include some favorites of the person recieving the package. I made some white chocolate and macadamia nut bars (recipe to be posted soon) and some lumberjacks (Hubby’s favorite cookie). I also added some applesauce, some Combos, and mini candy bars.

If I missed you in this recap, please let me know and I’ll be sure to update it.

19 Responses to “Pecan Pie Cookies”

Carrie — October 19, 2009 at 12:25 pm

Wow those look awesome, I am going to have to add these to my cookie idea list which seems to be never ending

Crystal — October 19, 2009 at 2:38 pm

These look delicious! I will have to try them. I have a recipe for pecan pie cake. It’s quick, easy and tastes just like pecan pie.

Joe — October 19, 2009 at 5:36 pm

There is nothing better than a perfect pecan pie. These look great and really easy.

stephchows — October 19, 2009 at 7:59 pm

perfect for a pecan pie addict!

gaga — October 19, 2009 at 8:55 pm

These are such a great idea! One of my favorite pies is pecan, but I can never finish a whole slice because it gets too disgustingly sweet. These are perfect bite-size versions, I love it!

Stephanie Wagner — October 19, 2009 at 9:38 pm

So thoughtful! My dad loves pecan pie, I’ll have to make these for his birthday this winter.

Kat — October 20, 2009 at 12:18 am

What a great way to have pecan pie in moderation :). Sometimes I find pecan pie too sweet so the cookie base is a nice change.

Jigginjessica — October 20, 2009 at 12:31 pm

These look and sound really great! I think these would be a perfect dessert addition to my families Thanksgiving!

nutmegnanny — October 21, 2009 at 4:05 am

These looks great!

Mansi — October 21, 2009 at 7:15 pm

I make these too, aren’t they simply delicious! loved your pic!:)

btw, they’d be perfect for my sweet celebration contest I’d be glad if you could send them in for my blog event!

I’off to check out your giveaway:)

thereddeer — October 24, 2009 at 12:56 am

Yum! My hubby loves pecans so I might have to give these a try one day 🙂

Amethyst — October 25, 2009 at 4:04 pm

These are perfect to add to my cookie bags for holiday gifts! Thank you for sharing!

Tami — November 4, 2009 at 4:17 am

I love pecan pie so I can’t wait to try these little gems. 🙂

How To Eat A Cupcake — November 4, 2009 at 3:04 pm

I totally saw the write up about Baking Gals in Taste of Home! I was so excited! 😉

Tami — November 12, 2009 at 3:54 am

I made these this week for the Clean Plate Club Cookie Carnival. They’ve become a family favorite! Oh my are they good!!

Tari McDonald — November 27, 2009 at 8:57 pm

Jen, you left a comment on my blog asking if I chilled my dough when I made these cookies (responded on my blog, but I’ll do it here, too!). I didn’t chill the dough, altough I think I will last time. Some of my cookies spread too much just making it following the recipe. Thanks for sharing and submitting it for the cookie carnival!

booksncooks — December 11, 2009 at 2:37 am

You saved me this weekend – after being unable to find an ingredient for another recipe, I was in a jam, as all the desserts for my holiday party this weekend had chocolate in them. I remembered I had flagged these cookies to try out – I’ll be making these tomorrow night. Thanks!

Shannon Pivetta — November 11, 2013 at 11:28 am

Does anyone know if these freeze well?

• beantownbaker — November 11th, 2013 @ 9:09 pm

These freeze really well. I’m actually making a batch tomorrow night to freeze until Thanksgiving.