White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Bars

I’ve got a great bar recipe that is sure to please anyone! I think everyone enjoys the white chocolate and macadamia nut combination. It’s almost as great as peanut butter and chocolate.

I made these to send to Jesse for Round 17 of Operation Baking Gals. One of his favorite cookies is a white chocolate and macadamia nut cookies. I wanted to take that flavor combo and make it in a bar format since I was short on time.

I hit the internet and found this recipe. It’s great. I like to sprinkle the mixins on top of the bars because it adds some texture and really makes the flavor of the mixins pop. I think I’ll be doing it from now on for any brownies or bars that have mixins.

Check out my entire week of bars and brownies here.

Print Save

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Bars

Yield: ~48

3/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts, divided
1 cup white chocolate chips, divided
1 tsp shortening

Heat oven to 375. Grease rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches. Heat butter and brown sugar in 3-quart saucepan over low heat about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until butter is melted; remove from heat.

Beat vanilla and eggs into sugar mixture with electric mixer on medium speed. Beat in flour and baking powder on low speed. Stir in half of the nuts and white chocolate chips. Pour into pan. Sprinkle with remaining nuts and white chocolate chips.

Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until top is golden brown and center is set. Cool about 30 minutes. Cool before cutting.

Recipe adapted from Betty Crocker

8 Responses to “Superbowl Dessert Sneak Peak”

admin — February 6, 2010 at 4:59 pm

such a cute idea!

Jeanette — February 6, 2010 at 8:51 pm

You are so creative!

Carlos — February 6, 2010 at 8:55 pm

Woohoo can’t wait for the party!

A Scientist in the Kitchen — February 7, 2010 at 7:13 am

I’m having my first Superbowl Sunday ever, and I can’t wait for the food! Did I say I’m also having my first snow? 🙂

Sunshine — February 7, 2010 at 2:46 pm

My sister and I did something similar last night. We got a box of white cake mix, followed the instructions, separated it into 2 bowls, and dyed one bowl a dark blue and the other black. After baking, we dyed a bowl of frosting yellow for the black cupcakes and left the rest white. They look pretty cool, and we can’t wait for the family to see it. Next time, I’m going to try the team logos. Thanks for the good idea.

Cookie is my hero! — February 8, 2010 at 12:05 pm

Wow, let those creative juices flow! I like this idea ALOT :p

The Utts — September 6, 2010 at 12:22 am

What brand of candy melts did you use? I’m having a hard time finding the dark blue. I am wondering if I can take the light blue ones and tint them darker.

Jen — September 12, 2010 at 1:00 am

The Utts – I found the dark blue candy melts at AC Moore about a year ago. I know Wilton doesn’t make dark blue. I found them online as well since I can’t remember what brand they were. Here’s a link to where you can order some online.