Operation Baking Gals Round 19 – Roundup

I wanted to take a minute to thank everyone who participated in Team Beantown Baker for Operation Baking Gals Round 19. Team members sent care packages to Richard who is stationed in Iraq. Richard should be getting all of his packages later this month. Thanks again everyone who helped make Richard’s day a bit brighter.

I asked the members of my team to send me any pictures or links to blog updates about their packages. I love seeing all the hard work people have put in to help make a stranger’s day. Here are some of the things that Richard will be receiving from our team.

Candi sent banana bread, vanilla cinnamon Amish friendship bread, 2 dozen walnut brownies, 1 dozen chocolate chip cookies, 1 dozen chocolate chocolate chip cookies, 1 dozen M&M cookies, and 1 dozen Lucky Charms crispy treats.

Rebecca sent peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, bourbon walnut banana bread, oatmeal white chocolate cranberry cookies, and white chocolate walnut brownies.

Shauna and Erin sent cowboy cookies, oatmeal heath cookies, chocolate peanut butter cookies, oatmeal pumpkin cookies, butterscotch cookies and many more totalling about 20 dozen cookies! They also sent some candy, beef jerky, and magazines.

Stephanie of Lovely McDaniel Life sent oreo brownies, regular brownies, and peanut butter cookies as well as some candy.

Caroline sent magic cookie bars, peanut butter and jelly bars and some jerky, gum, candy, nuts, drink mixes, coffee, and books of sudoku puzzles.

Cara sent Monster Cookies, Pecan Sandies, and White Chocolate Potato Chip Cookies.

Lauren of Baking Away sent Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies, Devil’s Food Cake Mix Cookies, Caramel Corn and some candy.

Paula from The Culinary Cheesehead sent White Chocolate Macadamia nut cookies, Caramel Brownies, Samoa bars, Peanut Butter & Jelly bars, AA batteries, and Baby wipes.

Thank you to everyone who participated this round. If you know someone who is stationed overseas and would like me to sponsor them for a future round of Operation Baking Gals, please let me know.

19 Responses to “Pecan Pie Cookies”

Carrie — October 19, 2009 at 12:25 pm

Wow those look awesome, I am going to have to add these to my cookie idea list which seems to be never ending

Crystal — October 19, 2009 at 2:38 pm

These look delicious! I will have to try them. I have a recipe for pecan pie cake. It’s quick, easy and tastes just like pecan pie.

Joe — October 19, 2009 at 5:36 pm

There is nothing better than a perfect pecan pie. These look great and really easy.

stephchows — October 19, 2009 at 7:59 pm

perfect for a pecan pie addict!

gaga — October 19, 2009 at 8:55 pm

These are such a great idea! One of my favorite pies is pecan, but I can never finish a whole slice because it gets too disgustingly sweet. These are perfect bite-size versions, I love it!

Stephanie Wagner — October 19, 2009 at 9:38 pm

So thoughtful! My dad loves pecan pie, I’ll have to make these for his birthday this winter.

Kat — October 20, 2009 at 12:18 am

What a great way to have pecan pie in moderation :). Sometimes I find pecan pie too sweet so the cookie base is a nice change.

Jigginjessica — October 20, 2009 at 12:31 pm

These look and sound really great! I think these would be a perfect dessert addition to my families Thanksgiving!

nutmegnanny — October 21, 2009 at 4:05 am

These looks great!

Mansi — October 21, 2009 at 7:15 pm

I make these too, aren’t they simply delicious! loved your pic!:)

btw, they’d be perfect for my sweet celebration contest I’d be glad if you could send them in for my blog event!

I’off to check out your giveaway:)

thereddeer — October 24, 2009 at 12:56 am

Yum! My hubby loves pecans so I might have to give these a try one day 🙂

Amethyst — October 25, 2009 at 4:04 pm

These are perfect to add to my cookie bags for holiday gifts! Thank you for sharing!

Tami — November 4, 2009 at 4:17 am

I love pecan pie so I can’t wait to try these little gems. 🙂

How To Eat A Cupcake — November 4, 2009 at 3:04 pm

I totally saw the write up about Baking Gals in Taste of Home! I was so excited! 😉

Tami — November 12, 2009 at 3:54 am

I made these this week for the Clean Plate Club Cookie Carnival. They’ve become a family favorite! Oh my are they good!!

Tari McDonald — November 27, 2009 at 8:57 pm

Jen, you left a comment on my blog asking if I chilled my dough when I made these cookies (responded on my blog, but I’ll do it here, too!). I didn’t chill the dough, altough I think I will last time. Some of my cookies spread too much just making it following the recipe. Thanks for sharing and submitting it for the cookie carnival!

booksncooks — December 11, 2009 at 2:37 am

You saved me this weekend – after being unable to find an ingredient for another recipe, I was in a jam, as all the desserts for my holiday party this weekend had chocolate in them. I remembered I had flagged these cookies to try out – I’ll be making these tomorrow night. Thanks!

Shannon Pivetta — November 11, 2013 at 11:28 am

Does anyone know if these freeze well?

• beantownbaker — November 11th, 2013 @ 9:09 pm

These freeze really well. I’m actually making a batch tomorrow night to freeze until Thanksgiving.