Spaghetti Squash with Spinach and Raisins

If you’re looking for healthy recipes and you haven’t seen Cara’s blog, you should definitely check it out. I’ve had multiple opportunities to eat Cara’s food and it’s all been amazing. She creates a lot of her own recipes and it’s all healthy and delicious!

I decided that for my first shot at making spaghetti squash, I’d turn to Cara’s blog for the recipe. Hubby and I both enjoy squash but I’d never eaten, let alone cooked a spaghetti squash. I can definitely see why it became such a big rage during the Atkins craze. It has a similar texture to spaghetti. The combination of flavors in this dish is amazing. I’ll definitely be trying spaghetti squash again!

Hubby ate this as his lunch entree a couple days and really enjoyed it. I made a few changes to Cara’s recipe, but for the most part it’s the same.

One Year Ago: Creme Brulee – two ways

Print Save

Spaghetti Squash with Spinach and Raisins

Ingredients:

1 large spaghetti squash, roasted, seeds discarded
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 small onion, sliced
1 10oz package fresh spinach, thick stems removed
1/2 c walnuts, chopped
1/2 c raisins
1oz goat cheese, crumbled
pinch of nutmeg, salt & pepper

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350. Cut off top and bottom ends of squash. Slice in half lengthwise and place onto a cookie sheet, cut side up. Roast squash for ~30 minutes until tender.

Meanwhile, toast the walnuts in a dry skillet over low heat. Remove from heat when they are fragrant and just beginning to brown.

Heat the olive oil over medium heat. Cook the onions until soft and translucent, about 10 minutes. Add the spinach, cover, and let cook until the spinach is wilted down, about 5 minutes.

Use two forks to remove the stringy flesh from the cooked spaghetti squash. Toss this with the spinach and onions, and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Add the walnuts and raisins and heat through. Mix in about half of the crumbled feta, and top with the rest of the cheese to serve.

Recipe adapted from Cara's Cravings

10 Responses to “Mexican Shrimp Cobb Salad”

Ashley Bee (Quarter Life Crisis Cuisine) — April 29, 2013 at 11:15 am

You probably saved a few calories too, by subbing the ham for shrimp! This looks amazing and I love the Mexican flavors.

• beantownbaker — April 29th, 2013 @ 12:16 pm

This is definitely a little bit lighter than a normal cobb salad.

Megan — April 29, 2013 at 11:46 am

I love this take on a cobb salad. The flavors all sound so fresh and bright!

Shannon — April 30, 2013 at 10:36 am

yum! this looks like one absolutely delicious salad. definitely starting to crave more salads, so this is sure to get into the rotation 🙂

• beantownbaker — May 14th, 2013 @ 7:21 am

I’ve been craving salads a lot too recently. I’m so glad spring is finally here.

Nutmeg Nanny — May 1, 2013 at 7:04 pm

Oh yum, I love cobb salad 🙂 this looks great!

Beth — July 19, 2013 at 7:00 pm

made this for dinner tonight…served the avocado and dressing on the side…everyone and I mean everyone went crazy over this….seconds were had and on a hot night like this it hit the spot…every bite brought out a new flavor..so so good…I follow a lot of blogs and make there recipes but none as much as yours…your recipes are easy, economical and full of flavor….and I love how you do a little bit of everything…keep them coming girl ….

• beantownbaker — July 21st, 2013 @ 3:17 pm

Thanks for the kind words! So glad you enjoyed this salad. It’s SO flavorful.

nicole @ i am a Honey Bee — August 27, 2013 at 7:55 am

ooo I sooo need this.
    My mom is coming up for a Labor DAy visit. I think this NEEDS to be made. noms

• beantownbaker — August 27th, 2013 @ 7:58 am

It makes a big salad – so it’s perfect for serving to guests!