Dinner for One! Crab and Cheese Omelet

Hubby was working late and I had to make dinner for one. I wanted something that was quick to make and clean up and healthy. I love omelets for any meal so thought I’d throw one together for dinner for myself.

Six years ago when I moved to Boston, I stayed with my brother a few days. He made me a crab meat and cheese omelet. It’s my standard omelet ever. I had some leftover tomato/onion/cilantro mixture from making bruschetta the other day and an avocado that I thought would be great in my standard omelet.

Omelet (by ME!)
2 eggs – I use 1/2 cup Egg Beaters
~1 Tbsp milk – I use Silk Light Vanilla soymilk
Shredded Cheese – I use “Veggie” dairy-free shredded cheddar
1/2 serving imitation crab meat – chopped (comes out to 1 stick if you buy in the stick form)
1/4 cup tomato/onion/cilantro mixture
1/4 cup diced avocado

** Note: make your omelet however you like with whatever ingredients you have on hand

I’m going to assume that you know how to make an omelet. Most people have their own unique process so I’m just going to list the steps I take. Do what you’re comfortable with doing when making your omelet.

Mist some oil into small skillet. Turn heat on Medium.

Beat eggs and milk. Pour into skillet. Scrape sides with spatula and move egg around to evenly coat the skillet.

Add ingredients (minus cheese) to 1/2 of the egg. Cook a few minutes. Add cheese to filling. Turn egg over onto itself to form omelet. Allow to cook a few more minutes to melt cheese.

Enjoy!

Nutritional Information: TBD

14 Responses to “Chicken Pot Pie with Cream Cheese and Chive Biscuits”

Shannon — March 25, 2013 at 3:20 pm

love your adaptations- and i agree, one-pot meals usually need more veggies!

• beantownbaker — March 25th, 2013 @ 3:44 pm

Not that this meal is in any way healthy, but at least bumping up the veggies (and the servings) reduces the amount of pure indulgence per serving…

Sues — March 25, 2013 at 3:37 pm

Love all the changes you made to this! And I agree- the more veggies, the merrier 🙂

• beantownbaker — March 25th, 2013 @ 3:45 pm

Glad I’m not the only one!

Megan — March 25, 2013 at 4:13 pm

I love that idea to just throw extra veggies in. I always have some leftover unused veggies going bad in the fridge after I’ve used some for a recipe. The biscuits on this look amazing.

Wendy — March 25, 2013 at 10:13 pm

This looks rich and satisfying. I love the idea of biscuits on top rather than pie crust. Cream cheese chive biscuits sound especially delicious!

• beantownbaker — March 26th, 2013 @ 7:29 am

I definitely plan to make these biscuits again some time. They’d be delicious even without the creamy pot pie filling under them.

Nutmeg Nanny — March 26, 2013 at 10:36 am

I love the thought of throwing the extra veggies in, i think a lot of people are hesitant to do so. This looks so delicious and satisfying 🙂

• beantownbaker — March 26th, 2013 @ 8:16 pm

Yea when it comes to cooking, I figure there’s no harm in playing with recipes. Baking is another story…

Ashley Bee (Quarter Life Crisis Cuisine) — March 26, 2013 at 11:11 am

My boyfriend, who eats a good portion of the overall meals I cook plus leftovers, hates veggies. This is a problem, because I don’t like food going bad but I can’t eat it all myself. I love recipes like this because it’d probably be SO tasty, he’d hardly even notice the abundance of green. Or he’d pick the peas out. Who knows.

• beantownbaker — March 26th, 2013 @ 8:16 pm

I can’t imagine hating veggies… But I agree, I think he’d hardly notice the veggies in this. It’s that creamy and delicious.

scott — March 27, 2013 at 12:06 pm

This recipe looks delicious. Do you know the nutritional values? If you post it on http://www.myrecipemagic.com they will calculate it for you and you can get paid for posting recipes.

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — March 28, 2013 at 6:15 am

I love that you topped this off with biscuits instead of the traditional flaky crust!

• beantownbaker — March 28th, 2013 @ 6:53 am

Biscuits are always the right answer 😉