Biscuits and Sausage Gravy

Biscuits and gravy is one of those foods that just reminds me of home. My dad used to make this for us on the weekends. When I first met Hubby, he had no idea what biscuits and gravy were. Crazy Northeasterner! He fell in love the first time he had my dad’s biscuits and gravy. And it’s so simple to throw together when you’re half asleep on a Saturday or Sunday morning.

I like to use the flaky buttermilk store bought biscuits. You could definitely make your own from scratch if you wanted. We also like our gravy pretty thick. Feel free to add more milk to thin out your gravy if you prefer.

Print Save

Biscuits and Sausage Gravy

Yield: 4

1 pkg sausage
2 cups milk
3 Tbsp flour
fresh ground pepper
8 biscuits

While biscuits are baking, make sausage gravy.

Brown sausage in a skillet. Add milk and flour to pan and whisk together to form a gravy. Add more milk to thin the consistency out, more flour to thicken the consistency. Season with pepper to taste.

Serve gravy over biscuits.

Recipe from my dad

Check out my week of Family Favorites here.

8 Responses to “Deb’s Mom’s Apple Cake”

Megan — January 5, 2009 at 9:51 pm

I made that cake a few months back and it was awesome. It’s a good thing I don’t have any apples or else I’d make another one!

wifeplzak — January 5, 2009 at 10:13 pm

I have wanted to make this one for a while now, I better get on it.

bensbaby116 — January 6, 2009 at 1:43 am

Mmm, I love the smell of apple desserts baking! This looks like a great recipe. Thanks for posting. 🙂

Mermaid Sweets — January 6, 2009 at 2:01 am

I made this cake on Friday, and it was amazing, even though there were some problems. One, I used a silicone bundt pan because I realized too late I didn’t have a metal one, so I had to cook it forever, and in the end the inside around the cone never really cooked. I just scooped that out and the rest was delicious. Yum. P.s. Love your blog.

Joelen — January 6, 2009 at 5:17 am

Now that is an apple cake! looks delicious!

Sara Therese — January 6, 2009 at 8:11 pm

I can’t wait to try this. We’re going to Brown County this weekend, and this apple cake would be the perfect addition to the trip! Thanks for sharing!

EAT! — January 9, 2009 at 6:14 pm

Love all those big chunks of apple in the cake. It looks delicious!!

Acuman_dapper — April 5, 2009 at 9:33 pm

You are an amazing writer and you should contact to get your blog featured to their large mom community. I am sure they would love your posts. In their expert page there is a form.