Chicken Sausage, Spinach, Tomato, and Goat cheese quiche

Hubby’s mom and her boyfriend were coming into town and I decided to make brunch for us. I wanted something with protein that was somewhat healthy. I decided to go with a crustless quiche. I got the idea from this quiche in Katie’s blog. I took that idea and just threw in things that I like. I made mine with chicken sausage, goat cheese, tomato, and spinach. I made it on Saturday and just reheated it in the oven Sunday morning and it was delicious. Hubby liked it so much he had me make another one the next weekend for just the two of us.

Crustless Quiche – by ME! – serves 6
4 eggs
2 egg whites
3/4 c Greek yogurt
4 oz crumbled goat cheese
2 chicken sausage links – sliced
fresh spinach – chopped
1/2 carton cherry tomatoes – sliced in 1/2
salt and pepper to taste

Grease a pie plate and preheat oven to 375.

Whisk yogurt, goat cheese, eggs, and egg whites in a bowl. Set aside.

In a skillet, heat the sliced chicken sausage. When it is almost done, add the spinach. When spinach has begun to wilt, add chicken and spinach to egg mixture. Add tomatoes.

Salt and pepper to taste.

Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.

8 Responses to “Puppy Chow”

Erin — December 30, 2009 at 12:51 pm

I loooove this stuff. I’ve always called it Muddy Buddy, though.

Jeanette — December 30, 2009 at 1:16 pm

I made this as treats to the humans from our 2 dogs. My mom fell in love with it and went out right away and bought the ingredients. Merry Christmas.

laurasrecipecollection — December 31, 2009 at 2:05 am

Everyone always raves about this stuff but I confess: I’ve never had it! I was allergic to peanuts during childhood 🙁
    But it looks so good that I think I need to give it a try now!

BeeKayRoot — December 31, 2009 at 3:45 am

This stuff is sooo good. I’ve never made it myself, but have had it several times. Perhaps I’ll make it sometime soon.

Joy — January 7, 2010 at 9:14 pm

One of my college roommates made this for us, and I’ve been in love with them since! We usually use Crispix, though, which is rice and corn. =)

Julie — January 12, 2010 at 2:31 pm

We love that stuff too! We make it for our friends all the time and they can’t stop eating it.

Like Joy said, we use Crispix too.

Tran — February 17, 2010 at 4:49 pm

Why is this called Puppy Chow mix? At first I thought it was for dogs and was alarmed by the chocolate chips in the ingredients…

Jen — February 17, 2010 at 4:55 pm

No idea why it’s called Puppy Chow… That’s just what we always called it…