Chicken Sausage, Spinach, Tomato, and Goat cheese quiche

Hubby’s mom and her boyfriend were coming into town and I decided to make brunch for us. I wanted something with protein that was somewhat healthy. I decided to go with a crustless quiche. I got the idea from this quiche in Katie’s blog. I took that idea and just threw in things that I like. I made mine with chicken sausage, goat cheese, tomato, and spinach. I made it on Saturday and just reheated it in the oven Sunday morning and it was delicious. Hubby liked it so much he had me make another one the next weekend for just the two of us.

Crustless Quiche – by ME! – serves 6
4 eggs
2 egg whites
3/4 c Greek yogurt
4 oz crumbled goat cheese
2 chicken sausage links – sliced
fresh spinach – chopped
1/2 carton cherry tomatoes – sliced in 1/2
salt and pepper to taste

Grease a pie plate and preheat oven to 375.

Whisk yogurt, goat cheese, eggs, and egg whites in a bowl. Set aside.

In a skillet, heat the sliced chicken sausage. When it is almost done, add the spinach. When spinach has begun to wilt, add chicken and spinach to egg mixture. Add tomatoes.

Salt and pepper to taste.

Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.

13 Responses to “Pumpkin Cranberry Pecan Upside Down Cake”

Sarah — November 24, 2010 at 4:58 pm

This is the perfect recipe for all of the leftover ingredients I have! Hubby made me buy a 3-pound bag of cranberries because he loves them, but you only use 12 ounces for cranberry sauce so I’ve got about 2 pounds of cranberries left to use, plus lots of pumpkins and pecans. This is definitely being made this weekend!

Megan — November 24, 2010 at 5:18 pm

Oh man. That does sound good. And I know it must be if you’re repeating it because I am the same way. I’m going to make a cranberry maple pecan cake on Friday… but this is really tempting too.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Stephanie — November 24, 2010 at 5:55 pm

Oh, man! If I only had more time for Thanksgiving dessert table – this is certainly one I would try.

We Are Not Martha — November 24, 2010 at 5:58 pm

Oooh this cake looks so ooey gooey and delicious! I wish there weren’t already so many desserts coming to my Thanksgiving table because I’d totally make this!

Sues

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — November 24, 2010 at 6:02 pm

This looks super delicious and your photos look great too! Happy Thanksgiving to you and hubby!

Shannon — November 25, 2010 at 3:48 pm

ooooh, my, i must try this 🙂 happy thanksgiving!!

Nutmeg Nanny — November 28, 2010 at 10:14 pm

What a fabulous recipe! All the flavors sound delicious to me.

Shandra — November 29, 2010 at 4:45 am

This looks amazing! It looks so moisty yum, I should try to make this sometime, Love your blog! this is my first comment for you so I thought I’d show some appreciation for your blog, because I’ve been drooling over all your recipes for a while
    Shandra-http://shandrita.tumblr.com/

"pup" — November 29, 2010 at 1:13 pm

Your photos are beautiful! The pictures I took of the actual cake didn’t look to appealing, the photos I took of the bite sized cake bites looked pretty though lol
    Good job!!

freefoodboston — December 1, 2010 at 3:21 pm

What a great recipe! You totally had me at caramel/pecan/cranberry topping.

Sophie — January 1, 2011 at 3:14 am

Just finally made this cake and it is astoundingly good! Truly the best dessert I’ve had in…oh, a very long time. Thank you for your post!

Nancy Blume-Watson — November 30, 2013 at 1:57 pm

I tried to be good, I really did! This cake was so delicious, I not only had seconds, I had a piece for breakfast the next day and for a snack later that day. This one goes on my Christmas menu!

• beantownbaker — December 1st, 2013 @ 6:52 pm

I doubled the recipe this time and you’ll remember the middle didn’t quite bake through. It also spilled over a bit, so next time, I’ll put a pan under the cake in the oven.