Fish Tacos

I have a confession about fish tacos. Hubby and I always snicker when we see them on a menu at a restaurant or hear someone order them. It’s just funny. Of course neither of us had ever tried fish tacos, so it was somewhat hypocritical (I always say “don’t hate it ’til you try it”), but we were hatin on fish tacos.

Then one night we tried them. And boy were they good. In the 6 weeks since that night, I think we’ve had fish tacos at least 6 times. We both really enjoyed the fish taco. In fact a small place near our house just opened up that only sells fish tacos. And we’ve been making them at home. This was our first attempt. We used salmon and just threw in some toppings we had around the house. And they were awesome.

So I have a question readers, is there something that you thought you’d never like and then you tried it and loved it?

Fish TacosRub some fish with taco seasoning (recipe here) and cook it. We cooked our salmon on our griddle.

Serve fish with taco fixins. We used sprouts (unconventional, but we love sprouts), chopped tomato, and guacamole.

Enjoy!

9 Responses to “Roasted Asparagus”

Cara — May 27, 2010 at 12:21 am

some of our faves are asparagus and brussels sprouts too 🙂

Jennifer Chung — May 27, 2010 at 2:22 am

This is the only way we eat our asparagus as well. Do people still boil asparagus? Seriously, it’s kind of a waste that way…
    Sometimes the simplest recipes are the best to share. 🙂

yumventures — May 27, 2010 at 3:35 am

One of my all time faves. Roasted anything, actually, but asparagus gets so crispy and flavorful!

Feast from Famine — May 27, 2010 at 3:41 am

We love to grill asparagus that has been rubbed with olive oil and sea salt–so good! 🙂

Sezasaurus — May 27, 2010 at 4:33 am

Hi there, I’ve been reading your blog for so long now and just wanted to say thanks for all your wonderful recipes. I’ve used so many that have been awesome and really tasty thank you so much! Keep up the good work!

Sezasaurus — May 27, 2010 at 4:35 am

p.s asparagus season is one of the highlights of our year to hehe. So many fantastic things you can do with it! Have you tried roasting it in orange juice and silvered almonds? Devine.

Jen — May 27, 2010 at 12:29 pm

Sezasaurus – Orange and almond does sound tasty! Thanks for the idea.

Elina — May 28, 2010 at 2:26 pm

I can’t remember if I’ve ever had roasted asparagus – roasted broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts definitely but roasted asparagus could be a new one. Sounds awesome! 🙂

Sarah — June 5, 2010 at 1:57 am

We made this last night with grilled pork chops and homemade mac and cheese. I tossed in the olive oil, garlic salt, and pepper and then probably ate 1/4 of them cold while I was waiting for the oven to heat up. Hubby and I each took a serving for our plates after they cooked and then stood in the kitchen eating the rest off the baking sheet before we had dinner! So good and so easy for our favorite veggie!