Goat cheese potato salad

I had a great trip to the farmer’s market where I just grabbed a few random things that looked good. When I got home I needed to figure out what I could make with some snap peas, cucumbers, and tomatoes. I headed over to my Google Reader and found this recipe for goat cheese potato salad. And I had everything I needed in the house!

This is a great alternative to mayo-based potato salads, especially if you love goat cheese as much as we do! You could throw in whatever veggies you have on hand. I think some bell peppers would be a nice addition.

Goat Cheese Potato Salad – from Ashlee
1 lb. baby yukon gold potatoes
1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved – I used about a pint
8 oz. snap peas, sliced into thirds
1 lemon, juiced
1 tbsp. EVOO
salt and pepper
1 sprig of fresh rosemary, minced – I omitted
4 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
1 cucumber, seeded and diced

Slice potatoes in half and place in a pot.

Fill with cold water to cover, bring to a boil and simmer until fork tender, about 15 minutes.

In a large mixing bowl, whisk together lemon juice, EVOO, salt, pepper and rosemary.

Add tomatoes and snap peas, toss and place in the refrigerator.

Drain potatoes and rinse with cold water.

Place in a bowl and chill.

When potatoes have chilled, mix with other bowl of salad ingredients, crumble in goat cheese, gently mix and serve.

I am submitting this recipe to the What’s Cooking in the Orange Kitchen Veggie Roundup

Bookmark and Share

13 Responses to “Pumpkin Cranberry Pecan Upside Down Cake”

Sarah — November 24, 2010 at 4:58 pm

This is the perfect recipe for all of the leftover ingredients I have! Hubby made me buy a 3-pound bag of cranberries because he loves them, but you only use 12 ounces for cranberry sauce so I’ve got about 2 pounds of cranberries left to use, plus lots of pumpkins and pecans. This is definitely being made this weekend!

Megan — November 24, 2010 at 5:18 pm

Oh man. That does sound good. And I know it must be if you’re repeating it because I am the same way. I’m going to make a cranberry maple pecan cake on Friday… but this is really tempting too.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Stephanie — November 24, 2010 at 5:55 pm

Oh, man! If I only had more time for Thanksgiving dessert table – this is certainly one I would try.

We Are Not Martha — November 24, 2010 at 5:58 pm

Oooh this cake looks so ooey gooey and delicious! I wish there weren’t already so many desserts coming to my Thanksgiving table because I’d totally make this!

Sues

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — November 24, 2010 at 6:02 pm

This looks super delicious and your photos look great too! Happy Thanksgiving to you and hubby!

Shannon — November 25, 2010 at 3:48 pm

ooooh, my, i must try this 🙂 happy thanksgiving!!

Nutmeg Nanny — November 28, 2010 at 10:14 pm

What a fabulous recipe! All the flavors sound delicious to me.

Shandra — November 29, 2010 at 4:45 am

This looks amazing! It looks so moisty yum, I should try to make this sometime, Love your blog! this is my first comment for you so I thought I’d show some appreciation for your blog, because I’ve been drooling over all your recipes for a while
    Shandra-http://shandrita.tumblr.com/

"pup" — November 29, 2010 at 1:13 pm

Your photos are beautiful! The pictures I took of the actual cake didn’t look to appealing, the photos I took of the bite sized cake bites looked pretty though lol
    Good job!!

freefoodboston — December 1, 2010 at 3:21 pm

What a great recipe! You totally had me at caramel/pecan/cranberry topping.

Sophie — January 1, 2011 at 3:14 am

Just finally made this cake and it is astoundingly good! Truly the best dessert I’ve had in…oh, a very long time. Thank you for your post!

Nancy Blume-Watson — November 30, 2013 at 1:57 pm

I tried to be good, I really did! This cake was so delicious, I not only had seconds, I had a piece for breakfast the next day and for a snack later that day. This one goes on my Christmas menu!

• beantownbaker — December 1st, 2013 @ 6:52 pm

I doubled the recipe this time and you’ll remember the middle didn’t quite bake through. It also spilled over a bit, so next time, I’ll put a pan under the cake in the oven.