Goat cheese potato salad

I had a great trip to the farmer’s market where I just grabbed a few random things that looked good. When I got home I needed to figure out what I could make with some snap peas, cucumbers, and tomatoes. I headed over to my Google Reader and found this recipe for goat cheese potato salad. And I had everything I needed in the house!

This is a great alternative to mayo-based potato salads, especially if you love goat cheese as much as we do! You could throw in whatever veggies you have on hand. I think some bell peppers would be a nice addition.

Goat Cheese Potato Salad – from Ashlee
1 lb. baby yukon gold potatoes
1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved – I used about a pint
8 oz. snap peas, sliced into thirds
1 lemon, juiced
1 tbsp. EVOO
salt and pepper
1 sprig of fresh rosemary, minced – I omitted
4 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
1 cucumber, seeded and diced

Slice potatoes in half and place in a pot.

Fill with cold water to cover, bring to a boil and simmer until fork tender, about 15 minutes.

In a large mixing bowl, whisk together lemon juice, EVOO, salt, pepper and rosemary.

Add tomatoes and snap peas, toss and place in the refrigerator.

Drain potatoes and rinse with cold water.

Place in a bowl and chill.

When potatoes have chilled, mix with other bowl of salad ingredients, crumble in goat cheese, gently mix and serve.

I am submitting this recipe to the What’s Cooking in the Orange Kitchen Veggie Roundup

Bookmark and Share

14 Responses to “Fish Tacos”

Erin — September 7, 2009 at 3:42 pm

Caramelized onions. I would always snarl at them until I actually tried them and realized they are delicious!

Domestic Princess — September 7, 2009 at 4:24 pm

Love Fish Taco’s! We like ours with: fish fingers, cabbage and ranch sauce w/ taco seasoning…ummm..

Nancy — September 7, 2009 at 8:06 pm

Try the true Mexican way: with shredded, crispy cabbage, it’s so good.
    I tried something I thought I wouldn’t like (that’s a very small percentage of the foods in the world!) and I was right, I totally disliked it – and that’s octopus!

Joe — September 7, 2009 at 8:17 pm

Brussel sprouts. I split them in half, and saute them with olive oil, butter, and garlic. They’re my new favorite vegetable, and my wife and I make them once a week.

On a fish taco note, I had always wanted to try them, finally did, and they were terrible. Turns out I tried them at a bad Mexican restaurant, even though the place was always packed. It was sort of a tourist trap, and eventually went out of business. I’d never thought to try them home, that sounds like a great idea.

Sarah — September 8, 2009 at 2:07 pm

I just had to comment…I was the same way with fish tacos and then i tried them and LOVED them. I can’t get enough! Glad I’m not the only one

Robyn — September 8, 2009 at 2:52 pm

Oh boy fish tacos… when I first heard of them I thought the concept was a terrible idea. I finally let my husband convince me to try them and I of course loved them. Like Nancy said, we eat them the Mexican/Baja way with cabbage. So good!

Now have you tried shrimp tacos?!

Jen — September 8, 2009 at 5:58 pm

I have not tried shrimp tacos. I will have to look into that.

stephchows — September 8, 2009 at 7:00 pm

So true!! I always giggle about them too lol. I had this sandwich that sounded so gross I wanted nothing to do with it, then a friend ordered it and made me try it… it was AMAZING!

roasted corn seasoned, mashed and mixed with diced red bell pepper, topped with cheddar, apricotjam and mixed greens, on wheat

Joelen — September 9, 2009 at 12:29 am

The use of sprouts in your tacos is a great idea! I’m going to have to try that!

nutmegnanny — September 9, 2009 at 3:37 pm

I’m not a big fan of fish but these look very delicious:) I used to turn my nose up to deep fried pickles but then I finally tried them…they are delicious!!!

Skylar Wolfe — September 22, 2009 at 5:01 pm

I was skeptical of fish tacos until I tried them. Now they are probably one of my top 5 foods. I love mine with cabbage, lime, and pico de gallo

qngdss — October 6, 2009 at 10:55 pm

Also used to turned my nose up at fish tacos! Had them again tonight, this time with swordfish nuggets (Hey the bits and pieces were only 4.99 per lb!) DELISH 🙂

cinderskitchen — January 2, 2010 at 7:11 pm

Jen, I too was a fish taco “snob” Couldn’t imagine whoever would think to do such a thing. You actually opened my mind up to trying them. I made salmon with taco seasoning ones and we really loved them, thanks to you. I told a friend whose husband goes to Alaska fishing and always brings home lots of salmon and halibut. They are coming over tonight and guess what we are having? SALMON TACOS!! Thanks.

Jen — January 2, 2010 at 10:45 pm