Chocolate, Strawberry, and Vanilla Ice Cream Cupcakes

As I mentioned yesterday, I had some leftover ganache in the fridge. Since I was trying to empty it out, I decided to make some cupcakes for Hubby too. These are just a variation on my dairy-free ice cream cupcakes.

I used the same cupcakes, but used regular ice cream and then topped with ganache. Once the ganache set, I drizzled the strawberry cream cheese glaze over the top.

And just for fun, I did that again. Hubby loved these little treats.

I am submitting these cupcakes into the blogging event hosted by Cupcake Project and Scoopalicious. Be sure to check back to vote for their reader’s choice cupcakes. Voting will be the first week in June.

10 Responses to “Strawberry Cobbler”

Stephanie — May 31, 2010 at 1:58 pm

I don’t eat strawberries but Alex does so I am looking forward to all the great recipes you’ll be sharing with us this week!

Btw, I gave you a blog award ๐Ÿ™‚

We Are Not Martha — June 1, 2010 at 2:20 am

This looks like the perfect little summer dessert ๐Ÿ™‚ I, too, am happy just popping strawberries in my mouth, but always welcome a more desserty type option. I love your little dessert cups, too!

kelly — June 1, 2010 at 12:20 pm

Elina — June 1, 2010 at 8:51 pm

I love love love strawberries and love your idea of doing a whole week of recipes featuring them. I must stop by the farmers market on Friday to pick some up!

yumventures — June 1, 2010 at 11:57 pm

I LOVE individually sized desserts! And strawberries! Looks amazing ๐Ÿ™‚

Carrie — June 3, 2010 at 5:36 pm

My husband goes Strawberry picking every year and my mom makes him Jam, I think I might have to make these for him this year too.

alexandjess — June 21, 2010 at 7:37 pm

I hate to be negative, but this recipe was a little disappointing for me.
    I loved! the cobbler topping. But the filling was way too sweet. It was like eating strawberry jam straight from the jar. And I even cut the sugar down to 1/3 cup and used about 3 cups of strawberries.
    Thanks so much for sharing it though. I look forward to trying the cobbler topping with other fruit fillings.

Jen — June 29, 2010 at 2:19 am

alexandjess – sorry to hear you didn’t like the fruit filling in this recipe. I wasn’t using the ripest berries when I made it. Maybe that’s why it was too sweet for you? Bummer either way ๐Ÿ™

Memรณria — July 4, 2010 at 4:45 am

What a beautiful cobbler! The filling looks pretty and bright.

Sophia — July 6, 2010 at 8:51 pm

Wow, great job here. Awesome picture too! You should really consider submitting this to Recipe4Living’s Fall Cobbler Recipe Contest! It looks delicious!