Chicken Sausage, Spinach, Tomato, and Goat cheese quiche

Hubby’s mom and her boyfriend were coming into town and I decided to make brunch for us. I wanted something with protein that was somewhat healthy. I decided to go with a crustless quiche. I got the idea from this quiche in Katie’s blog. I took that idea and just threw in things that I like. I made mine with chicken sausage, goat cheese, tomato, and spinach. I made it on Saturday and just reheated it in the oven Sunday morning and it was delicious. Hubby liked it so much he had me make another one the next weekend for just the two of us.

Crustless Quiche – by ME! – serves 6
4 eggs
2 egg whites
3/4 c Greek yogurt
4 oz crumbled goat cheese
2 chicken sausage links – sliced
fresh spinach – chopped
1/2 carton cherry tomatoes – sliced in 1/2
salt and pepper to taste

Grease a pie plate and preheat oven to 375.

Whisk yogurt, goat cheese, eggs, and egg whites in a bowl. Set aside.

In a skillet, heat the sliced chicken sausage. When it is almost done, add the spinach. When spinach has begun to wilt, add chicken and spinach to egg mixture. Add tomatoes.

Salt and pepper to taste.

Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.

9 Responses to “PB&J Omelet”

SimplySweeter — June 18, 2010 at 11:29 am

I’m disgusted…….but intrigued. LOL It sounds like it wouldn’t work…but as a fellow PB&J lover, I’m going to try it pretty soon. I wonder how it would all be with chocolate drizzled on top. Too much?? LOL

Sherry G — June 18, 2010 at 1:26 pm

Ahh I should have checked my Google reader before I had breakfast! I was craving a PB&J sandwich, but only had stale bread..=( I ate it anyway.. but this would have been so much better! I need to try this.

Elina — June 18, 2010 at 1:29 pm

Hmm, I’m not sure about this one… 😉

Amanda — June 18, 2010 at 3:31 pm

not gunna lie…thought this was weird but i’m sorta tempted to try it! num nummm, i’m obsessed with pb…so how could it be bad?

hannah! — June 18, 2010 at 3:55 pm

i love pb & j…but im not sure if i’d love it that much on eggs…..

sorry!

Nikki57 — June 18, 2010 at 7:36 pm

When I saw this in my google reader I was like “whoa someone else makes PB&J omlets.” I had posted about them so long ago I forgot, but I’m so happy to have someone else who loves the combo!

Jen — June 18, 2010 at 10:39 pm

I’m loving all the comments today. Like I always tell Hubby, don’t hate it ’til you try it!

Kerstin — June 19, 2010 at 1:40 am

This is funny because my hubby often eats egg whites with peanut butter on top – apparently it’s a big body builder thing to get the right ratio of fat and protein – haha, so you’re not alone, I can imagine he’d love the jelly with this too!

And I really like your top 30 post – very inspiring!

Cara — June 20, 2010 at 3:19 pm

I can kind of see how this works! I made pb&j stuffed french toast once, and this is kind of like that, minus the bread. Like a low-carb pb&j! I might have to give it a shot 🙂