Raspberry Meringue Cookies

Hubby absolutely loved the Peppermint Chocolate Meringue cookies I made for my 12 Days of Cookies in December. We were talking about what other flavors of meringues I could make. He suggested raspberry dipped in chocolate. We both agreed that I had to make these that night. I searched the internet and came upon this recipe on Cooks.com. I decided to omit the chocolate chips and instead dip the meringues in chocolate after baking them.

Raspberry Meringue cookies – make 9 dozen3 egg whites
1/8 tsp. salt
3 1/2 tbsp. raspberry Jello (1 3 oz pkg)
3/4 c. sugar
1 tsp. vinegar
1 c. miniature chocolate chips – I omitted
Dark chocolate + vegetable oil for dipping
Beat egg whites and salt until foamy.

Add Jello and sugar gradually; beat until stiff peaks form and sugar is dissolved.

Mix in vinegar; fold in chocolate chips.

Drop from teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheets covered with brown paper bag (I piped these into kisses onto my Silpat). Bake at 250 degrees for 25 minutes.

Turn off oven; leave cookies in oven 20 minutes longer. Let stand 5 minutes and remove.

9 Responses to “Mustard Maple Brussels Sprouts”

Shannon — November 20, 2013 at 9:01 pm

ooh, i love a good brussels recipe, this one is definitely going on the top of my to-try list! and i’m totally with you on pomegranate seeds 🙂

• beantownbaker — November 24th, 2013 @ 6:05 pm

Are pom seeds the best.

Ginny — November 21, 2013 at 4:59 am

I will definitely try these. But that’s not why I wrote. I wanted to tell you that I’m proud of you for taking off time to be with your family. It may or may not have been a difficult decision. That doesn’t matter – It was the right thing to do. While you didn’t ask my permission, you didn’t need to. You have my unmitigated support.

Now go enjoy. Just remember to put your feet up now and then and if anyone volunteers, accept their offer without guilt. It will not only give you a break, you will likely have the perfect chance to bond with (and love) your helpers.

Happy Thanksgiving!

• beantownbaker — November 24th, 2013 @ 6:09 pm

Thanks! Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Liz — November 21, 2013 at 10:51 am

Nice recipe. Thank you. Enjoy your time off and Happy Thanksgiving to you and your families.

Athena @ Fitness & Feta — November 21, 2013 at 10:55 am

Love pomegranates, and I love Brussels Sprouts, so I can’t wait to try this recipe. My boyfriend doesn’t have the same love affair with Brussels Sprouts as I do, but I’m hoping this will help change his mind. Thanks!

• beantownbaker — November 24th, 2013 @ 6:11 pm

This is definitely a recipe that could change the tune of a non-brussels-sprouts lover. Let me know how it goes.

Charles Berger — November 29, 2013 at 2:17 pm

It looks fantastic! thanks a lot for sharing the recipe

• beantownbaker — December 1st, 2013 @ 6:49 pm

It’s really quite tasty. Let me know if you try it out!