Happy Inauguration Day!

Click here to make your own Obama icon picture.

No matter what your political views, you have to admit that today is a historic day in America. I made some festive cupcakes to celebrate the day. No new recipes here. I followed the yellow cake and chocolate frosting recipes that I used when I sent cupcakes to some friends and family members last year.

I also made these festive funfetti by adding a tablespoon each of red and blue sprinkles to the batter before baking them.

8 Responses to “Vegan chocolate / banana / caramel cupcakes”

Joelen — February 12, 2009 at 9:45 pm

Oh my! These look fabulous!!!

Elizabeth — February 12, 2009 at 11:40 pm

I love vegan chocolate cupcakes – and these look delicious. I can’t wait to try them!

Koo-Bean Cuisine — February 20, 2009 at 12:17 am

These just made me so excited!!! They sound amazing and better yet…VEGAN! Thank you for posting this!

Jodi — February 21, 2009 at 12:08 am

I saw these on Tastespotting and want to try, but — for the mousse what type of chocolate chips are you using? All of the ones I’ve seen in the store have milk fat in them. I’m new to vegan cooking, so maybe this is still non-dairy? My son is allergic which is why I’ve been trying many new vegan recipes!

foodess — February 21, 2009 at 7:13 pm

Wow, those look over-the-moon good!

Amy Kingman — August 27, 2009 at 7:17 pm

I’m totally making these tonight! I dont have the fancy caramel sauce, but hopefully they’ll still be edible with regular caramel. 🙂 Yum!

Lexi — September 4, 2009 at 5:45 pm

Jodi- Gihrardelli semisweet chocolate chips do not have any milkfat in them.

These look fantastic-I am allergic to dairy, and have been finding it sooo hard to sate my sweet tooth and not pay for it later.

Me — August 16, 2010 at 12:46 am

They look fab! Thanks for sharing. I have included your site in our Vegan cupcake feature at http://www.partycupcakeideas.com