Happy Inauguration Day!

Click here to make your own Obama icon picture.

No matter what your political views, you have to admit that today is a historic day in America. I made some festive cupcakes to celebrate the day. No new recipes here. I followed the yellow cake and chocolate frosting recipes that I used when I sent cupcakes to some friends and family members last year.

I also made these festive funfetti by adding a tablespoon each of red and blue sprinkles to the batter before baking them.

7 Responses to “The Ultimate Whoopie Pies”

bcallegra — February 1, 2012 at 6:32 pm

What a cute idea! As always, you’ve provided the inspiration for what I’ll make this weekend as a dessert.

PS – Using leftover pulled pork from your recipe to make nachos as well!

Laura — January 31, 2014 at 9:57 pm

I love this! I’m new to baking so I’m wondering: when you pipe the batter onto the pan, how much batter do you use for each one? I’m just wondering if I should make them thin, or will they spread out? Thanks 🙂

• beantownbaker — February 3rd, 2014 @ 4:54 pm

Sorry for not responding sooner. They spread out a little bit, but not too much. Did you end up making them? How did they turn out?

Laura — February 3, 2014 at 8:00 pm

They turned out great! my first few tests, i made them too big with too much batter, and they were pretty huge. I was surprised how little batter you need, and they are so nice and fluffy 😀
    I couldn’t find marshmallow frosting, so i ended up making my own.. turns out its pretty easy! thanks again! they were a huge hit!

• beantownbaker — February 4th, 2014 @ 10:56 am

So glad you enjoyed them!

Kristina B — January 17, 2016 at 7:22 pm

How far in advance can you assemble them? I was hoping to do so at least two hours ahead of time. Thank you.

Trina and Tina — January 27, 2016 at 8:08 pm

We discovered these yummies while on the hunt for the perfect Suberbowl treat! They look delicious! Thanks for sharing!