Easy M&M Treats

These little guys remind me of Christmas growing up. We always made them. They’re the perfect combination of salty and sweet and are the perfect bite-size.

These treats would also be great for any other occasion. Pink or blue M&Ms for a baby shower, orange and black for Halloween, red and blue for Forth of July. I highly recommend making this a two-man job. It will make things go a lot smoother.

Easy M&M Treats (by ME!)
1 1-lb bag of mini-pretzels
2 big bag of M&Ms
2 packages of Almond Bark

Line 2 cookie sheets with waxed paper. Lie pretzels (flat side down) on the waxed paper. They can be very close to each other.

Melt almond bark in the microwave according to the directions on the package. Using a spoon, scoop some of the melted almond bark into the holes of the pretzels. Before it starts to set, put 3 M&Ms into the melted almond bark. This is where it helps to have an extra set of hands. Usually I pour the melted almond bark while Hubby puts the M&Ms in.

When the sheet is full, put it in the freezer or outside to let the almond bark set.

6 Responses to “Mint Brownies”

VeggieGirl — December 11, 2009 at 5:04 pm

Can’t beat an Ina classic!

oneordinaryday — December 11, 2009 at 7:26 pm

Ina’s sound decadent, but I’m with you – I’d never have that much of anything on hand if I got a sudden brownie craving. Like that addition of mint here, but then I’m a sucker for anything chocolaty and minty.

Memória — December 11, 2009 at 8:08 pm

What lovely, yummy-looking brownies. I love your addition of mint. YUM!

I’ve yet to try Ina’s brownies; I need to rectify that ASAP.

nutmegnanny — December 11, 2009 at 11:26 pm

I have tried Ina’s brownies before and I have to agree….awesome! Although like you said I don’t have a lot of that stuff just sitting around. I love addition of mint in this recipe. Such a nice spin on the normal brownie 🙂

Kerstin — December 12, 2009 at 5:12 am

I just tried the Andes baking chips and really like them! Your brownies look SO good!

Jelli Bean — December 12, 2009 at 3:37 pm

My favorite brownies of all time are a cocoa based recipe. I think that they are just as rich and chocolatey as any bar-chocolate recipe as long as coffee is added. These look DElish!