Stuffed Strawberries

I had seen recipes in my Google Reader for stuffed strawberries and I was very intrigued. Then we hosted our Stuff It! dinner party and I immediately thought of stuffed strawberries and the leftover chocolate frosting I had in the freezer. I cannot say enough good things about this frosting. It’s AMAZING. I’ve tried the Hershey’s Perfectly Chocolate frosting and other chocolate frostings, but this new chocolate frosting recipe really blows the others out of the water. It has definitely replaced my go-to cream cheese chocolate frosting recipe as my favorite. Although it is a lot more fluffy, so if you want a more sturdy frosting, I’d go with the cream cheese frosting.

But I digress. Back to the strawberries. As I noted in my original post about this frosting, my sister and I dipped our strawberries in it so it was a no brainer to stuff strawberries with it.

I did have a hard time getting the hang of stuffing strawberries. The idea is to pipe the frosting in just until it starts to seep out of the cuts that were made. I sprinkled mine with powdered sugar, and as expected, they were gobbled up in no time. This is a great way to use up some leftover frosting.

Stuffed Strawberries – from Allrecipes.com
Fresh Strawberries
Your favorite frosting – I used THIS chocolate frosting recipe

Cut the tops off of the strawberries and stand upright on the cut side. Make a cut 3/4 of the way down from the tip of the strawberry towards the bottom.

Place frosting into a piping bag with a star tip. Pipe into each strawberry and arrange on a serving platter.

12 Responses to “Chewy Molasses Chocolate Chip Cookies”

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — January 3, 2011 at 5:40 pm

I love, love, love how serious your distinction is between chewy puffy vs. chewy thin vs. crispy thin cookies. It makes me smile.

Jen — January 3, 2011 at 5:57 pm

Like I said, I’m weird about cookies 🙂

Cupcake Activist — January 3, 2011 at 6:02 pm

I love molasses and chocolate chip cookies. Great idea to put them together. I like chewy thin cookies.

Blog is the New Black — January 3, 2011 at 6:27 pm

I don’t like flat cookies, either! i like fat, soft ones! (TWSS)

Daisy — January 3, 2011 at 6:37 pm

If f anyone is entitled to be weird abotu cookies it is you. these look yummy, I’m all about flat and chewy!

Megan — January 3, 2011 at 7:36 pm

One of my co-workers makes a ginger chocolate chip cookie that I was surprised to find I liked. These seem like they’d be similar.

Shannon — January 4, 2011 at 12:13 am

sometimes responses from friends and family is all you need! there’s always the next batch for you to love 🙂

innochkaskitchen — January 4, 2011 at 2:39 am

Hmmm so I love chocolate chip cookies…and my husband LOVES molasses cookies…I wonder if this is our perfect compromise…
    Great recipe!

cookingwhims — January 4, 2011 at 2:28 pm

These look and sound amazing–I’ll have to try these 🙂

ann — January 4, 2011 at 4:11 pm

These look great. It’s hard to find a good Molasses Cookie.

Jo — January 15, 2011 at 8:13 pm

I love these cookies because I am the worst person at remembering to take butter out to soften and with these I don’t have to worry about that. I made my first batch with milk chocolate chips and my second with butterscotch chips (since my FIL can’t have chocolate) and they were both wonderful. The 8 year old finds them too tangy – so more for me 🙂

Julsey — January 27, 2011 at 4:09 pm

Best. Cookies. Ever. Making them for a 2nd time today and mailing half to my friend in Colorado who desperately needs a pick me up 🙂