Stuffed Strawberries

I had seen recipes in my Google Reader for stuffed strawberries and I was very intrigued. Then we hosted our Stuff It! dinner party and I immediately thought of stuffed strawberries and the leftover chocolate frosting I had in the freezer. I cannot say enough good things about this frosting. It’s AMAZING. I’ve tried the Hershey’s Perfectly Chocolate frosting and other chocolate frostings, but this new chocolate frosting recipe really blows the others out of the water. It has definitely replaced my go-to cream cheese chocolate frosting recipe as my favorite. Although it is a lot more fluffy, so if you want a more sturdy frosting, I’d go with the cream cheese frosting.

But I digress. Back to the strawberries. As I noted in my original post about this frosting, my sister and I dipped our strawberries in it so it was a no brainer to stuff strawberries with it.

I did have a hard time getting the hang of stuffing strawberries. The idea is to pipe the frosting in just until it starts to seep out of the cuts that were made. I sprinkled mine with powdered sugar, and as expected, they were gobbled up in no time. This is a great way to use up some leftover frosting.

Stuffed Strawberries – from Allrecipes.com
Fresh Strawberries
Your favorite frosting – I used THIS chocolate frosting recipe

Cut the tops off of the strawberries and stand upright on the cut side. Make a cut 3/4 of the way down from the tip of the strawberry towards the bottom.

Place frosting into a piping bag with a star tip. Pipe into each strawberry and arrange on a serving platter.

11 Responses to “Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix”

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — December 20, 2010 at 4:27 pm

This looks like such a perfect gift! Are those your homemade marshmallows I spy in the mug?

Jen — December 20, 2010 at 4:29 pm

Of course they are! I seriously can’t justify buying marshmallows anymore. They’re just so easy and SO good homemade. I even whipped up a batch to put on our twice baked sweet potatoes for Thanksgiving.

Blog is the New Black — December 20, 2010 at 4:45 pm

I really wanted to do this this year for gifts but time escaped me. Looks great!

Boston Food Diary — December 20, 2010 at 4:52 pm

Soooo here’s the deal- A Boston Food Diary is going to look A LOT like Beantown Baker next week as I steal your recipes 🙂 Looks great Jen!

Megan — December 20, 2010 at 6:15 pm

Why have I never thought about doing this? It looks so easy and it definitely would give me an excuse to make some homemade marshmallows!

Danielle — December 20, 2010 at 8:27 pm

That looks like an amazing gift! Making a homemade hot cocoa would definetly save money. Thanks for the recipe(:

EliFla — December 20, 2010 at 10:54 pm

Ghirardelli cocoa is very good and your homemade hot cocoa mix …too!!! May you have a special merry Christmas!!!Hugs, Flavia

Meghan@travelwinedine — December 21, 2010 at 1:17 am

I have never thought of making my own cocoa mix OR marshmallows. I feel a winter project coming on. Looks delicious!

kitchenmisfit — December 21, 2010 at 1:33 am

I have had this bookmarked to make to some gifts for a couple of my girlfriends. So awesome and easy to make!

-Amanda

dana — December 21, 2010 at 6:24 pm

Loads of thanks to you. I can make everyone happy this Christmas. This recipe is even easy to follow.

innochkaskitchen — December 24, 2010 at 3:01 am

Yum! What a great holiday gift idea!