Stuffed Strawberries

I had seen recipes in my Google Reader for stuffed strawberries and I was very intrigued. Then we hosted our Stuff It! dinner party and I immediately thought of stuffed strawberries and the leftover chocolate frosting I had in the freezer. I cannot say enough good things about this frosting. It’s AMAZING. I’ve tried the Hershey’s Perfectly Chocolate frosting and other chocolate frostings, but this new chocolate frosting recipe really blows the others out of the water. It has definitely replaced my go-to cream cheese chocolate frosting recipe as my favorite. Although it is a lot more fluffy, so if you want a more sturdy frosting, I’d go with the cream cheese frosting.

But I digress. Back to the strawberries. As I noted in my original post about this frosting, my sister and I dipped our strawberries in it so it was a no brainer to stuff strawberries with it.

I did have a hard time getting the hang of stuffing strawberries. The idea is to pipe the frosting in just until it starts to seep out of the cuts that were made. I sprinkled mine with powdered sugar, and as expected, they were gobbled up in no time. This is a great way to use up some leftover frosting.

Stuffed Strawberries – from Allrecipes.com
Fresh Strawberries
Your favorite frosting – I used THIS chocolate frosting recipe

Cut the tops off of the strawberries and stand upright on the cut side. Make a cut 3/4 of the way down from the tip of the strawberry towards the bottom.

Place frosting into a piping bag with a star tip. Pipe into each strawberry and arrange on a serving platter.

14 Responses to “Raspberry Chipotle Jam”

Samantha — January 22, 2014 at 6:56 pm

Raspberry and chipotle! what a combo. I love this idea. I could put chipotle in anything and be happy.

• beantownbaker — January 22nd, 2014 @ 9:37 pm

Chipotle is a flavor I’m learning to love as I use it more and more!

Ashley @ My Midwest Table — January 23, 2014 at 10:32 am

Holy yum! This jam reminds me of the sauce in one of my favorite appetizers from a little restaurant in Kansas. It was raspberry chipotle sauce combined with cream cheese and black beans, and it was served warm with tortilla chips. The best!

• beantownbaker — January 23rd, 2014 @ 2:15 pm

Is it So Long Saloon by chance?…

If so, check back on Tuesday…

• beantownbaker — January 23rd, 2014 @ 2:17 pm

BTW, I just saw in your bio that you went to Purdue – I did too! Aero engineering for me. Crazy about that shooting this week…

Ashley @ My Midwest Table — January 23, 2014 at 3:48 pm

Yes, So Long Saloon! We lived in Manhattan for a few years while my husband worked on his PhD. Can’t wait to see what you’ve cooked up on Tuesday!

Goodness, what a coincidence that you are a Purdue alumna too! Yes, so crazy and so sad.

Shannon — January 26, 2014 at 4:01 pm

this is definitely one i’ll need to make, great flavor combo 🙂

Nutmeg Nanny — February 4, 2014 at 3:38 pm

Oh gosh, this is such a fun flavor combination 🙂 I can’t wait to try this out!

Jac — September 10, 2014 at 10:57 am

I am super excited to try this recipe out. I love idea of the sweet of the fruit and the heat of the pepper. I will let you know how mine turns out.

*I just moved to Boston which is how I found your website. I’m sorta sad that you moved back to Ohio because I would love to meet you. 😀

• beantownbaker — September 12th, 2014 @ 10:40 pm

Hope it turns out well for you! We love this jam. It’s really good on a breakfast sandwich.

MezzoBetsy — September 19, 2014 at 1:25 pm

Oh, yum! I’m a great fan of using jams, marmalades and chutneys with meat in the crockpot or as a glaze on roasts. This would be perfect on a pork tenderloin.

Joy — January 9, 2015 at 7:41 pm

how do you make it without the jam maker? I have a breadmaking machine that can make jelly, would it work about the same?

Lucinds — July 7, 2017 at 7:41 pm

Are there any water bath instructions?

AGEN SGP RESMI — November 30, 2017 at 3:45 pm

Thats look so delicious.. nice sharing